Celebrity Suite Locations

RSLeesburg

We have booked a Celebrity Suite on the hump for our South American cruise, but it looks like all of the suites are currently available - so my question is, is it better to be on a forward-facing hump cabin (Deck 10) or aft-facing (Deck 11)?  I would think the forward-facing angled ones would be windier - is this true?  Also, which deck is better 10 or 11?  

This is on Silhouette.   

Thanks, 

We have sailed in Celebrity Suites on Silhouette a few times now and our preference has always been 1618 on Deck 11. The balcony along with its counterpart 1615 is larger than the other Celebrity Suites on Deck 11.

Deck 10 CS 1110 and 1233 would have similar sized balconies. 

It also doesn’t hurt to have the Penthouse right next to you if you book on Deck 11.

Randy

Edited by Schmoe38

19 hours ago, RSLeesburg said:

We have booked a Celebrity Suite on the hump for our South American cruise, but it looks like all of the suites are currently available - so my question is, is it better to be on a forward-facing hump cabin (Deck 10) or aft-facing (Deck 11)?  I would think the forward-facing angled ones would be windier - is this true?  Also, which deck is better 10 or 11?  

This is on Silhouette.   

Thanks, 

Hi-

You're right that the forward facing balconies on the hump have more wind and also much easier for rain to affect the balcony.  We've had 1618 on several ships and it's a great location.  Right next to the Penthouse, which means your attendant and butler are the best on the ship.  We were able to use the veranda every day on the sailings because the hump protected the veranda from rain and wind.  Would book it again anytime...in fact wish I was there now!!!! :classic_smile:

5 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

Hi-

You're right that the forward facing balconies on the hump have more wind and also much easier for rain to affect the balcony.  We've had 1618 on several ships and it's a great location.  Right next to the Penthouse, which means your attendant and butler are the best on the ship.  We were able to use the veranda every day on the sailings because the hump protected the veranda from rain and wind.  Would book it again anytime...in fact wish I was there now!!!! :classic_smile:

That is outstanding - we have 1618.  I was debating between 1615 and 1618, as we are sailing from San Antonio to BA, and wondered if port would afford better views of mountains - but someone mentioned that starboard offers best view of horn.  So maybe we will stay where we are at.  Thanks for quick response!  

On 6/23/2019 at 11:06 AM, gerelmx said:

I would not mind the wind and would choose the Sky deck (10), the 1110 or the 1233

We are on the Equinox in 1233 in September.  Do all S class ships have similar corresponding cabins?

On 6/23/2019 at 10:27 AM, RSLeesburg said:

This is on Silhouette.   

Thanks, 

27 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

All but Reflection, yes.

We definately prefer deck 10.  Deck 11 is below public space and can be noisy.  Have done both- in fact we have a royal suite booked on deck 10 for an upcoming cruise.  The butlers for the Royal suite and nearby celebrity suite are also "the best" on the ship- if you need them!

Edited by Cruise a holic

16 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

We definately prefer deck 10.  Deck 11 is below public space and can be noisy.  Have done both- in fact we have a royal suite booked on deck 10 for an upcoming cruise.  The butlers for the Royal suite and nearby celebrity suite are also "the best" on the ship- if you need them!

We've never noticed any noise in 1618 CS.  We've been in it on 3 different cruises.  We were also in 1614 RS this past April and we could hear noise from above early in the morning. It didn't bother us but I'm sure it might some people.  

1 hour ago, Gracie115 said:

All but Reflection, yes.

Reflection does have the same layout  Hump CSs but the numbering is slightly different.

S Class 1615 and 1618 are 1615 and 1638 on reflection . 1233 and 1110 become 1233 and 1122 on reflection 

Reflection is slightly longer hence the cabin numbers at the aft and starboard side vary 

I have no idea how I was able to book 1233 on Equinox. I was in a sky suite 6305 aft, and was just kind of looking around and saw on the floorplan that 1233 looked like it had a really nice sized balcony. I did a little research and was surprised such a prime location and balcony was available. We snatched it up quickly. Hoping I made a good choice!