Filling Water Bottle

LF23

That seems like a good workaround, using a glass to fill.  We were wondering if we’d always have to go back to the cabin, or if there was some alternative arrangement on other parts of the ship. 

I really hope folks aren’t filling directly, but then I read these posts about people in the buffet picking up food and putting it back... 

Thank you. 

On our last couple of cruises, if there was an attendant at the Lido beverage station, he would often take the jug of water and fill our bottles from that.  It took less time than filling glass after glass.

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂🙂

22 hours ago, PaigeTurn said:

On the Oosterdam, we were directed to fill water bottles from a dispenser on the Lido Deck next to the Taco Bar.

Thank you, seems worth asking whether there are some convenient spots on the ship. 

After sailing on the Disney Fantasy once we have followed their rule. We use a clean glass in the Lido to get our ice then water pouring both into bottle/insulated cup without touching the rim. Unfortunately on the Fantasy many adults and kids never followed the rules that were posted right in front of them. 

Have fun on your cruise.

On 6/25/2019 at 4:05 PM, Hawaiidan said:

the bathroom  sink  works just fine.....   Not refilling  water bottles for sanitary reasons?    Whoa.... go tell the Army and Marines who refill their canteens er water bottles for over a hundred years.

Sorry, but wrong again...  The "sanitary" reason for not refilling at the water dispenser in the Buffet is because of the possibility of transmission of germs from the rims of those water bottles onto the dispenser nozzle if people do not clean the bottle before filling.  

Bringing in members of the Armed Services as examples - not even close.   The government has never been real concerned of the health of service members.  (Agent Orange, untested drugs, Gulf War Syndrome, Iraqi/Kuwaiti oil fume inhalation, no help for PTSD for decades...)

6 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Sorry, but wrong again...  The "sanitary" reason for not refilling at the water dispenser in the Buffet is because of the possibility of transmission of germs from the rims of those water bottles onto the dispenser nozzle if people do not clean the bottle before filling.  

Bringing in members of the Armed Services as examples - not even close.   The government has never been real concerned of the health of service members.  (Agent Orange, untested drugs, Gulf War Syndrome, Iraqi/Kuwaiti oil fume inhalation, no help for PTSD for decades...)

It must be difficult to harbor such anger and rage on so many issues.    I hope you can find healing.

• Like 3

I carry a collapsible silicone funnel to fill up the bottle I use for Iced Tea or water on the ship. Found them on eBay for a couple of bucks. On our last cruise the assistant CD saw me doing this on the first day and commented that I was the smartest person on the ship. Using the funnel means I can use the pitchers without any touching or mess. Makes it quite easy to fill up out bottles in a jiffy. And since the funnel is collapsible once its been used, back into it baggie and my pocket (or tote) it goes. 

I fully understand and agree with the rationale for not filling bottles directly at the dispensers. 

No fuss, no muss, no mess. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Hawaiidan said:

It must be difficult to harbor such anger and rage on so many issues.    I hope you can find healing.

Not anger and rage.  I have too many friends who suffered from those results when they volunteered to serve.  I have one co-worker right now who had to ask for the 3rd and 4th of July off because he has to basically "bunker" himself because the sounds of fireworks/firecrackers terrify him after being in Afghanistan and Iraq.   I have compassion for those affected.  I do not have compassion for those who make flippant remarks.

drowelf - great idea on the funnel!   With all the people wanting to refill bottles, a good idea would be to install one of those filling stations like there are in some airports and hotels.  I've seen them at the airport in San Francisco.  My hotel installed a dual drinking fountain/bottle refill this spring when our one drinking fountain died.  It has a counter that shows how many bottles have been refilled - it's a great alternative.  

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Not anger and rage.  I have too many friends who suffered from those results when they volunteered to serve.  I have one co-worker right now who had to ask for the 3rd and 4th of July off because he has to basically "bunker" himself because the sounds of fireworks/firecrackers terrify him after being in Afghanistan and Iraq.   I have compassion for those affected.  I do not have compassion for those who make flippant remarks.

Thank you for understanding. 

• Thanks 1