Harmony of the Seas Main Theater handicap question

My mom will have her scooter with us in October. She can walk some but not far. We like sitting close to front for shows.  Is there wheelchair access for floor seating in the main theater front of ship?The pictures don’t show me enough to tell of this is possible. 

From the look of it, its not possible. 

You see the red curtains? The ground level entrance is at that level.  You then have to walk down few steps to reach the box level. Then few more steps to get to front (orchestra) level.

RCI_HM_Royal_Theater.jpg

Just adding that the view, even from the back, is good!  There were times that I chose to sit all the way in the back, because they have bar seating and is more comfortable when drinking.  I agree, I do not believe there is a way for handicapped folks, who can't do steps, to do floor seats.

Handicap seating has always been at the back, upper level on every ship Ive been on.  Best I can remember on Freedom, its right beside VIP seating. I bet Oasis class is similar.   Excellent seating! 

Edited by ryano

We have a special  needs daughter. We arrive early and sit in the front. Oasis of the Seas has wheelchair cutouts. A crew member has to take you around to an elevator. On one occasion there was a Star Class passenger who took the HA companion seat (marked with the universal symbol). So we had to sit behind her as they did not acknowledge it. I think the Genie should not have reserved that unless one of their party had a wheelchair guest.

Oasis of the Seas Opal Theater picture

Edited by CruiszBug

1 hour ago, CruiszBug said:

We have a special  needs daughter. We arrive early and sit in the front. Oasis of the Seas has wheelchair cutouts. A crew member has to take you around to an elevator. On one occasion there was a Star Class passenger who took the HA companion seat (marked with the universal symbol). So we had to sit behind her as they did not acknowledge it. I think the Genie should not have reserved that unless one of their party had a wheelchair guest.

Oasis of the Seas Opal Theater picture

Thank you! I agree unless you are with a handicapped party do not sit there! 

Handicapped disabilities are not always visible.  I can not sit behind a chair because my 20 plus old knee replacement is going sour and I am unable to bend my knee.  So I always try to sit on the right end, or in the back but sometimes circumstances require that I sit in the wheel chair row because their is a trip hazard by my leg being in the isle.  I do get around w/o a wheel chair but there may be a time in the near future that will not be the case. So please dear cruisers realize that sometimes a disability is not always visible to the negative eye.  Yes, I know some people just cheat on this benefit.

1 hour ago, OC PAT said:

Handicapped disabilities are not always visible.  I can not sit behind a chair because my 20 plus old knee replacement is going sour and I am unable to bend my knee.  So I always try to sit on the right end, or in the back but sometimes circumstances require that I sit in the wheel chair row because their is a trip hazard by my leg being in the isle.  I do get around w/o a wheel chair but there may be a time in the near future that will not be the case. So please dear cruisers realize that sometimes a disability is not always visible to the negative eye.  Yes, I know some people just cheat on this benefit.

This is not what we were referring to. It has to do with the seat directly next to a wheelchair cutout being reserved for a companion to the wheelchair person who usually requires an attendant. My issue was with the genie taking it for their Star Class family who had no disability. They were fine running back and forth and were young, hale, and hearty switching seats with one another etc...  They looked like they were going to ask the genie to move my child, but they didn't go that far because they did not have a wheelchair in their party.

We have also have used the HA seats in the back of the theatre, but sometimes it is nice to sit down front because our daughter  likes being close to the action! 😊

Excuse me for going slightly off topic, but what about visually impaired? My wife is legally blind but still partially sighted. She can see shows from the front. Anything towards the back would be a waste of time for us. I have enquired and told guest services will help us after we board. I have learned not to be too trusting of statements like this. Just wondering if anyone has experience with this situation. 

28 minutes ago, Maplemoose said:

Excuse me for going slightly off topic, but what about visually impaired? My wife is legally blind but still partially sighted. She can see shows from the front. Anything towards the back would be a waste of time for us. I have enquired and told guest services will help us after we board. I have learned not to be too trusting of statements like this. Just wondering if anyone has experience with this situation. 

No direct experience, but I'd visit Guest Services on the first day and ask what the procedure will be to have your wife sit near the front.  Does not hurt to remind them.

Absolutely! I've never seen the entire front row completely reserved. (The front and center seats usually are.) You just need to get there a bit early. It is apparent what is being reserved for Star Class guests as there will be a velvet banner on each seat they need. We were limiting ourselves to discussing options for mobility impaired guests in scooters or wheelchairs since that was the question the OP posed.