Interior GTY

Our triple Interior Cabin is on GTY with final payment coming up. Will it be best to do a RoyalUp or wait for an assignment. I do understand that GTY cabins can get assigned up to the day of travel and for the category booked. As of now there is very few Interior Cabins left and at the time of  booking we were the last GTY cabin available.   If we get an Oceanview that would be great but an interior is fine too on the Briliance.

I guess the longer the cabin is not assigned the better chances we have of getting  an upgrade but not guaranteed. We are Emerald members so would we be more inclined to get a better cabin vs someone who has never sailed with Royal or has Gold or Platinum C&A or this does not play into it.

24 minutes ago, travelplus said:

Our triple Interior Cabin is on GTY with final payment coming up. Will it be best to do a RoyalUp or wait for an assignment. I do understand that GTY cabins can get assigned up to the day of travel and for the category booked. As of now there is very few Interior Cabins left and at the time of  booking we were the last GTY cabin available.   If we get an Oceanview that would be great but an interior is fine too on the Briliance.

I guess the longer the cabin is not assigned the better chances we have of getting  an upgrade but not guaranteed. We are Emerald members so would we be more inclined to get a better cabin vs someone who has never sailed with Royal or has Gold or Platinum C&A or this does not play into it.

With the RoyalUp program, the chances of getting a better cabin are greatly decreased, if not eliminated altogether.  They wait until they have milked every dollar that they can out of the RoyalUp process, THEN they assign the guarantees.

If I were in your situation, I would need to know how much my current cabin was costing me and how much the oceanview costs on the website, to just pay for the cabin.  Then weigh that with the cost of the RoyalUp bid.  Is the total more or less than just upgrading yourselves?  Is the total something that you can live with?

And C&A status has less than nothing to do with guarantee assignments. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, travelplus said:

Will it be best to do a RoyalUp or wait for an assignment. 

After final and online check in, check your SetSail pass - it may have a deck and/or muster station ( but not an actual cabin). Then wait for RoyalUp, look at inventory and do the math on self upgrades, RoyalUp or do nothing. 

• Like 1

There is a pretty significant chance you will sail in the cabin you purchased - an interior. 

If you don't really want an interior, RoyalUP might offer an upgrade path but if the ship is sold out there may be no Royal Up upgrades either so that is far from being a sure thing.  RoyalUp isn't an instant upgrade.  They can be awarded right up until the day before but in most cases there are no upgrades to "win".

If you don't really want an interior then consider paying for an upgrade now if there is a cabin you really want available.  

• Like 1

We're fine with our cabin category as the first cruise is Port intensive. The second one in OV mixes sea days with ports. In any case we use the cabin for sleeping and showering or to watch tv and nap. Quite frankly I could sleep on a lounger in the Solarium. If my upper berth is not comfortable. I would be the first one for coffee and breakfast. 

6 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

With the RoyalUp program, the chances of getting a better cabin are greatly decreased, if not eliminated altogether.  They wait until they have milked every dollar that they can out of the RoyalUp process, THEN they assign the guarantees.

If I were in your situation, I would need to know how much my current cabin was costing me and how much the oceanview costs on the website, to just pay for the cabin.  Then weigh that with the cost of the RoyalUp bid.  Is the total more or less than just upgrading yourselves?  Is the total something that you can live with?

And C&A status has less than nothing to do with guarantee assignments. 

It's $1100 for passengers 1 and 2 and $300 for 3rd. Royal wants $800 to upgrade to assigned stateroom in an OV. If I can RoyalUP to an OV or Spacious OV for $75-$200 then I'll consider it as its for the first two passengers  

Edited by travelplus

1 hour ago, Tee & Chilli said:

$800 is high although it's up to you. I would keep in the interior and use the $800 for something else on the port intensive cruise.

Ditto.  

Even at $200, if I don't need / won't use the window, the OV isn't worth it to me.  

Id stay with the inside room and save the money. We usually book a Celebrity balcony but booked an inside room on Royal for a 4 night getaway on Mariner of the Seas.

we have no problem with a inside room for a short 4 nighter.

who know where a person with end up maybe a broom closet but its all part of the adventure. Not a big fan of Royalup complexes everything at least for me...

Enjoy your inside room!