Adventure of the Seas formal nights

2 minutes ago, mjthecruiser said:

How dressed up do most people get? Do most men wear jackets? How many dress up nights?

You will see the full range of attire, wear anything you like.

2 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Formal attire (tuxes and gowns) is becoming rarer on RCI cruises. You will see a lot of people dressed very nicely and you will see some people dressed like slobs. Wear whatever you feel comfortable in.

Disagree... dressing like a "slob" is not acceptable!

• Like 1

On 6/29/2019 at 11:43 AM, mjthecruiser said:

How dressed up do most people get? Do most men wear jackets? How many dress up nights?

Two formal evenings on a seven night cruise. Typically day two and day six. Check your Cruise Compass. Don't dress according to what others dress like. It may be too fancy or to casual for your liking. 

Edited by davekathy

What do you call " dressing like a slob "?? How about a table for 6 and all the males had on baseball caps all turned sideways & backwards, shorts & 1 guy had on a bathing suit that looked like shorts & the women they were with had cut-offs & short-shorts & this was on formal night & not 1 person on the staff said a word to them. Of course they were " felling good ". This all took place on our last cruise on the Oaises in Feb. We happened to be with-in 2 tables of them & they were LOUD, we asked the waiter about it & he said he couldnt do a thing about them. I asked why, he said they paid there money & no-one stopped them from entering the dinning room.

george35

Yes, almost anything is ok but to specifically answer the OP's question, I usually wear a jacket with no tie and my wife wears a dress (sometimes cocktail but nothing too glitzy).   I am on the August 3rd sailing of the Adventure and called Royal about the number of formal nights.  They said there should be 2, on the 2nd and 5th evenings.  However, I have seen some recent Adventure cruisers post that they only had one formal night.  

Just off the 6 night cruise.  One formal night on the 2nd night.  Lobster night was night 5 but not formal - maybe because we were in port that day until 6 (on board by 5:30) and early dinner starts at 5:30 doesn't leave a lot of time for dressing in our formal best.  We went to Chops on the formal night so didn't really see how most people were dressed but a casual observation so a little of everything.

1 hour ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

I didn't say it was acceptable, I said they will see it.

Sorry, but you said, "Wear whatever you feel comfortable in," after saying "some people dressed like slobs."  Obviously they were very "comfortable" in their attire.

Also just off the 6 night NE/Canada cruise. Formal night was night 2; all others were casual. On formal night, I wore a tie and slacks, no jacket. I'd say I was somewhere in the middle dress-wise.  Didn't feel over or under dressed. The rest of the nights I went with a polo shirt and jeans, which I think was very typical for the room.

Night 2 is ALWAYS the first (or only) "formal" night.  Some will dress up, others won't.  Since the advent of "baggage fees" on the airlines, it's become troublesome to bring tux/suit and gowns.

You will not be refused admittance to the dining room if you aren't wearing formal attire.

I realize that this is a well worn topic, but we enjoy dressing up those night. I don’t much care what others decide to do, although I don’t appreciate it when that relatively rare person seems to go out of their way to snub it like a child irritated by their parents 🤣 When in Rome....

My parents had fairly frequent formal occasions throughout their lives -  as a child I remember playing with my mother’s elegant long white opera gloves. We now live in a much more “casual” world and there are so few occasions where we can get dressed and enjoy ourselves. So we take advantage of it! PLUS, we like doing the portraits onboard those nights - it is a nice life record and we always have great photos for those Christmas cards 😊

Edited by 2Beeze
  • Like 1

You can also wear whatever you like on formal nights as long as you don't plan to eat in the dining room.  DH and I don't typically bring formal clothing on vacation and we just eat in the buffet on formal nights. One time I remember getting into an elevator with a bunch of people dressed in suits and gowns and we were in our bathing suits heading to the pool.  So you can dress like a "slob" if you like but don't go to formal dining.