SS2 2115 and 2114 on first 3 S class ships

39august

I have read the "sticky" for S class, but reports on these rooms are mixed. One person posted that carts rolled overhear all day from early morning in 2115. Yet all other info posted indicates these are under a carpeted area of the OVC and are quiet.  So what is the real noise factor in these two SS's,  please?

We stayed in cabin 2115 on the Eclipse In December ‘16 and the carts woke us up every morning early and were present throughout the day.  Sorry I can’t give you more positive info but we would never stay in that cabin again.  White noise couldn’t drown out the problem.

Edited by Oville

The carts rolling over the joints of the tile floor sound as if the dancers are practicing their tap dancing.  You won’t think that there would be that many carts rolling around up there. 

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Of all the S2's, 2114 and 2115 are the only ones I would take.  We were in 2115 on Equinox during a transatlantic and didn't really hear anything from above that would be considered substantial.  They are under the carpeted area, but a cart or two going out into the lobby would be insignificant, in my opinion.    I would consider 2116 and 2117, but wouldn't go any farther back.    🍷

33 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

Of all the S2's, 2114 and 2115 are the only ones I would take.  We were in 2115 on Equinox during a transatlantic and didn't really hear anything from above that would be considered substantial.  They are under the carpeted area, but a cart or two going out into the lobby would be insignificant, in my opinion.    I would consider 2116 and 2117, but wouldn't go any farther back.    🍷

Not the entire cabin is under the carpeted area, probably a third is under the tile.  

We all have different tolerances for noise and sounds and 2115  was not the best for us.  We are late sleepers and have good hearing.  We listen to Rain, Rain for White Noise and it didn’t come close to blocking out the carts.

Edited by Oville

We have cruised in 2117 and 2133. 2117 the noise was not to bad. 2133 was the worst. We have 2114 booked for Oct 2019.

I think some of the best non suite cabins are on deck 12. Cabins 2105-2111 and 2106-2112.