What are the BEST/MOST DESIREABLE excursions on Celebrity EDGE (barcelona to Rome)

javajoe1

Sailing on 7/20 from Barcelona and dont know what to select !???
I have some things to do in Rome but really dont know what to do prior to that???
Help please !   I have credits and can easily use them on excursions.

Thanks so much !

Well, a little help would be nice. What types of things or activities interest you? Museums? Historic sites? Shopping ( don't laugh- that seems to be the main focus of interest for some cruisers)? Food/ wine tours? Unicycling down the main street? What?

When I return to Barcelona, I will be doing a Gaudi tour. Didn't have enough time to see everything last time - I plan to go back to explore more of his works! I will likely do a private tour and invite a few people from the roll call.

7 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

When I return to Barcelona, I will be doing a Gaudi tour. Didn't have enough time to see everything last time - I plan to go back to explore more of his works! I will likely do a private tour and invite a few people from the roll call.

Great idea...we did a few of the Gaudi  places on our own...took tours there,  always more to see...Read two great biographies before we went... all very enlightening!

If we ever go back we would get advance  tickets for a concert  at the Music Palace..any language is okay..music is universal.  We did the tour but all concerts were sold out!  We also stumbled upon a great Roman  restoration...underground in the old city...

So much to do  hope OP can narrow it down...staying there  pre and post cruise gave us more time..,also went up in the mountains  to the  monastery to see the  black madonna....a great Celeb excursion....very long drive!

Other than major fear of pickpockets, we love Barcelona!

If you like architecture, or just beautiful things I agree with the others about doing a gaudi tour. If you like food, Barcelona has one of the biggest food markets in Europe  - la boqueria. There are many wonderful food tours. If you like soccer there’s a massive stadium and a tour. Just depends what you are interested in.

21 minutes ago, hcat said:

,also went up in the mountains  to the  monastery to see the  black madonna

We did that one too (Montserrat) and Parc Guell in one tour (my favorite Gaudi spot). Great day!

Here’s my farovites of the Barcelona-Rome Run. 

Barcelona: we did on our own. Walked the Romblus, the major street on Barcelona and just fun to walk down and sit/eat/drink. Then walked to the Picasso Museum. One of the best of his.

Livorno/Florence: We did the ship’s tour Florence On Your Own. Nice bus trip to Florence. Got on line well prior and got tickets to the art museums we wanted to visit - Uffizi and Galleria dell’Accademia. Not much more expensive than trying train/bus on your own and have the ship coordinating. Or you can just wander Florence if don’t get on line tickets. It is fantastic. 

Enjoy. 

Den