Is Aqua class worth it?

zitsky

1 hour ago, seagunthera said:

I just booked a cabin in AQ which has cabins above/below.  Granted, there aren't many, but they do exist.

You are correct.  There are 28 cabins in that category and they are not new.  Been there since the ship was launched.  They are all on Deck 11.

Edited by keesar
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, keesar said:

You are correct.  There are 28 cabins in that category and they are not new.  Been there since the ship was launched.  They are all on Deck 11.

Are you all referring to the aft cabins?

4 hours ago, zitsky said:

I am going through reviews.  I see that Aqua class cabins on deck 11 are right below the pool.  Is there much noise from there?

you will hear them and the chairs from time to time.   You can take that to the bank.  It may not bother you.

4 hours ago, zitsky said:

I am going through reviews.  I see that Aqua class cabins on deck 11 are right below the pool.  Is there much noise from there?

I once booked us right below the pool deck, on a New Year's Eve Caribbean cruise (not my best move).   The music on New Year's Eve went on until after 1 AM and we heard every thump.   There was another night with music on the pool deck - directly above our cabin until quite late, and again we heard the thumps.   The rest of the week there was no problem with sounds from the pool.

For our upcoming Ireland/Iceland cruise I made certain that we weren't under the pool when we upgraded to Aqua.   About a week later I realized that the odds of a late night pool party were extremely slim, and that for this particular cruise, probably any cabin not under the gym would be fine.

I am going through cabin reviews... looking for comments about noise... one comment about 1570 was interesting in a bad way.

I feel pretty good about the schedule for this cruise.  Just am on the fence about AQ at the moment.  Just want to get a sense that noise won't be an issue.

15 minutes ago, Pentlands said:

Go for a lesser balcony and then spend the money saved on the better than BLU speciality restaurants. BLU is not worth the money in my experience.

I am leaning towards doing that.  I will miss the special attention I would get in Blu.  

4 hours ago, Nymich said:

you will hear them and the chairs from time to time.   You can take that to the bank.  It may not bother you.

Not all AQ cabins on Deck 11 are beneath the pool.  The ones aft of the midship elevators are under other cabins.

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

Not all AQ cabins on Deck 11 are beneath the pool.  The ones aft of the midship elevators are under other cabins.

Those cabins seem to go quickly.

41 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

My point was simply that one shouldn’t say all AQ cabins on Deck 11 were under the pool and thus noisy.

For every two AQ cabins under the pool, one will say it's noisy, but the other will say it's fine.  So not sure who to believe.  Of course some people are sensitive to noise.  I tend to be in that group.

52 minutes ago, zitsky said:

51 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

My point was simply that one shouldn’t say all AQ cabins on Deck 11 were under the pool and thus noisy.

Not sure anyone was saying that I certainly wasn't.  The question was can you hear noise from the pool deck IF you are below the pool.  You added the all and the aft area.

9 minutes ago, zitsky said:

For every two AQ cabins under the pool, one will say it's noisy, but the other will say it's fine.  So not sure who to believe.  Of course some people are sensitive to noise.  I tend to be in that group.

bingo you got it.

3 hours ago, zitsky said:

I keep a close eye on the inventory and one of the coveted 28 (not under pool/spa) just popped up a few days ago. I upgraded from an A1 category (and paid nothing extra!) for our August 3rd sailing.

We enjoy AQ when the price is right.  Blu is less crowded and will accommodate your selections much faster than MDR.

I use the Persian garden due to arthritis.  We both use the gym and like the proximity to the cabins.  We have stayed in all types of cabins but enjoy aqua class.

Actually cabin 1554 AQ was the best IMO.  It is under a little area of the spa that is not used much at all.  It is angled.  If you don't mind that the window washing cage is sometimes parked near you balcony.  But we liked the cabin when we sailed AQ. 

4 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Actually cabin 1554 AQ was the best IMO.  It is under a little area of the spa that is not used much at all.  It is angled.  If you don't mind that the window washing cage is sometimes parked near you balcony.  But we liked the cabin when we sailed AQ. 

This cabin is listed as an Obstructed View Cabin.  There are much better choices in this category.

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

Had a chat with the partner.  If I can find a reasonably quiet cabin mid ship, then we will try Aqua.

Because I just researched this for myself (when I snagged a cabin toward the aft), I'd say, based on current availability that cabins 1519 or 1529 are your best shots at peace and quiet.  One is under the Persian Garden and the other looks to be under the acupuncture area.

29 minutes ago, seagunthera said:

Because I just researched this for myself (when I snagged a cabin toward the aft), I'd say, based on current availability that cabins 1519 or 1529 are your best shots at peace and quiet.  One is under the Persian Garden and the other looks to be under the acupuncture area.

I was hoping to find a midship AQ cabin as my partner and I can be sensitive to motion.  Would forward cabin be suitable? 

I just talked to the boss and he seems ok with a forward cabin.  We think a December Caribbean cruise won't be too rough.

Seems that the aft cabins are already taken.

He does like the Aqua concept so we are just trying to find a suitable cabin.

Z:. While we do enjoy Aqua cabins (and Blu), if you are really suseptible to motion then you perhaps shouldn't be up that high.  A lower deck, preferably mid-ship, will have a lot less motion. Seas can be unpredictable, even in the Caribbean.