Why when I hit submit does it sometimes go to save isntead of posting?

Typically when one clicks/taps Submit Reply the button text changes to Saving. Often this changes almost instantly, but sometimes when the system is busy Saving will stay for some time. 

25 minutes ago, broberts said:

Typically when one clicks/taps Submit Reply the button text changes to Saving. Often this changes almost instantly, but sometimes when the system is busy Saving will stay for some time. 

...but it does eventually post it.

2 hours ago, ontheweb said:

I have had times, including today, when it has not posted it!

Same here, many times.

It appears to happen to me mostly when taking a long time to create a post. When it does not post after clicking Submit Reply and Saving back & forth a couple of times, I click Refresh on my browser. After that, I click Reply to this topic... again and the posting screen appears again. My message is still there. I then click Submit Reply. The post then appears in the thread.

Edited by TxCityKat
typo

3 hours ago, TxCityKat said:

Same here, many times.

It appears to happen to me mostly when taking a long time to create a post. When it does not post after clicking Submit Reply and Saving back & forth a couple of times, I click Refresh on my browser. After that, I click Reply to this topic... again and the posting screen appears again. My message is still there. I then click Submit Reply. The post then appears in the thread.

Thanks I will try that the next time it happens to me.

And the fact that it is a long post, that is I spent a bunch if time composing it, makes it even worse.

3 hours ago, TxCityKat said:

Same here, many times.

I tried that in a response to a post I have been trying to respond to, and alas it did NOT work.

Generally the website does not lose text you have typed in a reply. It may not appear when you refresh the page, but if you click in the reply area, the editor should open with your text.

12 hours ago, broberts said:

Generally the website does not lose text you have typed in a reply. It may not appear when you refresh the page, but if you click in the reply area, the editor should open with your text.

Yes, but it still will not post.

I tried again, and it still did not work.

I then posted my response, saying what thread and what post I was responding to, as a new topic. It did post.

I ended it by asking if the moderators could move it to where it really should belong. I guess I'll see if that will happen or not.

18 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

I tried again, and it still did not work.

I then posted my response, saying what thread and what post I was responding to, as a new topic. It did post.

I ended it by asking if the moderators could move it to where it really should belong. I guess I'll see if that will happen or not.

I just did a test by copying and pasting your intended comment into that overtourism thread and of course attributed it to you. (It’s post 36 in that thread.) I had no problem submitting a reply in that thread, it posted instantly.   Since you have been able to post in the thread here, you clearly are logged in. 

Perhaps you just hit the CC server at a bad time. If you still can’t post to that thread, I think you should try clearing your CC cookies or even restarting your computer; something seems to be hanging up.  If that doesn’t work, you can email the Help desk

Help@cruisecritic.com

• 1 month later...

This same thing happens intermittently when going to a post via an email link.  Even though it shows as signed in, many times it will not save.

If I copy the text I just typed in the reply box, then open the thread in another window and paste the text, that seems to solve the problem.

An no, the text is not always saved.  I have lost some very detailed responses with photo uploads, due to this issue.   I am not sure if it occurs on a computer, but it does on an iPhone and iPad.

Its intermittent for me and not device or thread dependent, I usually just click the button again and the message posts, its also happened when editing a post and clicking save.

Generally the submit or save button has a border around the button , when it does I click  save or submit again.