MSC private island

seaandsea

2 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

I think you might be underestimating iced coffee addictions:)

Very true! Especially with these selections:

Coffee Beverages

Cold Brew
Poured Over Ice and Choose Your Cream Topper
• Salted Cream
• Molasses Cream
• Salted peanut Cream
• Lavender Cream
• Caramel Cream

Traditional Options
Espresso, Americana, Latte, Cappuccino

Espresso Con Panna
Espresso, Whipped Cream

Coco-Nilla Latte (Iced/Hot)
Espresso, Vanilla Flavoring, Coconut Milk

Salted Caramel Latte (Iced/Hot)
Espresso, Milk, Salted Caramel Sauce

Iced Beach Body latte (skinny latte)
Chilled Espresso, Low Fat Milk

Thai-Tea Latte (Iced/Hot)
Black Thai Tea, Cinnamon Stick, Milk

Bees Knee's Latte
Espresso, Milk, Lavender-Rosemary Infused Agave

White Chocolate-Raspberry Mocha (Iced/Hot)
Espresso, White Chocolate, Raspberry Syrup, Milk

Ocean Cay Mocha
Espresso, Chocolate, Milk

Syrup - Vanilla, Macadamia, Coconut, Chocolate, White Chocolate

Milk - Half n Half, Skim Milk, 2% Milk, Whole Milk, Almond Milk, Soy Milk, Condensed,
Heavy Cream

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Does anyone know the location of the cabanas for rent?  Looking at the renderings the only cabana like structures I see is Bimini Beach.  Is this the cabana location and are there other locations of cabanas?

3 hours ago, Rob-Bob said:

Does anyone know the location of the cabanas for rent?  Looking at the renderings the only cabana like structures I see is Bimini Beach.  Is this the cabana location and are there other locations of cabanas?

Cabanas 14 through 25 are on Bimini Beach and are classified as Deluxe Ocean Cay Beach Cabanas as are Cabanas 26 through 35 on North Beach facing the lagoon. I'm confused on these as I though North Island was supposed to be for Yacht Club but it doesn't appear to be, based on this. The Yacht Club Beachfront Cabanas 1 through 6 are on Ocean House Beach facing east. The Yacht Club Ocean View Cabanas 7 through 13 are on the most northeastern part of North Island. The rest non-YC Ocean Cay Cabanas (Cabanas 36 through 50) will be on South Beach facing north along the lagoon. The previous relates to after the entire island is opened, not just Phase 1.

Bret

• Thanks 1

Bret - Thank you for the information.  I wonder where you are seeing this?  I was thinking of booking a cabana but I am still confused.  The website shows: Spend the day on the cay with family and friends in the comfort of your very own cabana. You will have access to your private cabana for the whole day, making for easy-going and convenient enjoyment of the sun and sea. Enjoy fresh water and towels upon arrival, and take in the views while relaxing on a floating mat. Please note: guests will have use of the cabana (with space for up to 6 people), with amenities including fresh drinking water, beach towels and 2 floating beach mats. The listed price is per cabana (not per person).

What cabanas are they talking about based on the information you have listed - which cabana numbers?  I wonder if you can choose which cabana (based on openings) and how to see the location of the individual cabanas and if any location is superior to another.

Thanks for your help and any other advice you can offer. 

On 7/12/2019 at 7:49 PM, cruiseguyinorl said:

Cabanas 14 through 25 are on Bimini Beach and are classified as Deluxe Ocean Cay Beach Cabanas as are Cabanas 26 through 35 on North Beach facing the lagoon. I'm confused on these as I though North Island was supposed to be for Yacht Club but it doesn't appear to be, based on this. The Yacht Club Beachfront Cabanas 1 through 6 are on Ocean House Beach facing east. The Yacht Club Ocean View Cabanas 7 through 13 are on the most northeastern part of North Island. The rest non-YC Ocean Cay Cabanas (Cabanas 36 through 50) will be on South Beach facing north along the lagoon. The previous relates to after the entire island is opened, not just Phase 1.

Bret

@cruiseguyinorl

Bret If I wanted call - are you Bret MC ?

fog

As far as I am aware, you are not allowed to book specific cabana numbers for now. Guessing they will be assigned at random. I'm just an agent that puts some large groups onboard and have friends in high places. 🤫 I have been fortunate enough to have access to some insider information. But even looking back, some things have changed about the island configuration just in the last few months. One of the things that shocked me that I don't remember being talked about is that most of the island closes after dark which includes the YC area. Only the beaches and areas closest to the ship will remain open. Fun activities planned though including fire pits on the beach, light shows and a Full Moon Party on the beach. Some activities such as the Stargazing Excursion will be held in the closed off part off the island.

Oh and the cabanas in that description above are pretty much all of them around the lagoon. Based on the map I have seen, I really don't think any are preferred location wise.
Bret

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I booked a cabana today.  I hope I get to chose eventually or see what they look like and where they are located.  Pretty sketchy right now but I am sure it will be great.  I have the drink package on board so I hope it will transfer to the island.  Sitting in the cabana with a drink in my hand will be pretty sweet.

I do not see my cabana.

I did book the Seaside in December 2016 (before it was built) for March 2018 excited about going to Ocean Cay.  That did not turn out well.  At least that help build up my tolerance for broken promises.  This time I will cancel before my penalty period begins if OC is not ready.  I am booked for March 2020.

2 hours ago, sidari said:

Possible pre warning that it might not happen yet!

COO of MSC says of Ocean Cay, “We’re cautious of the timeline and opening on November 9.”

Photos taken last week on Ocean Cay:
https://www.facebook.com/703222993193178/posts/1200658440116295?s=1489271007&sfns=mo

The good news is that it has been suggested many times (to those who follow this forum) that everyone should be cautious about a November 9th opening. If it happens, bonus. But no one can say they were completely blindsided if the island is postponed once again.

I’ll cancel if it’s not open, this will be twice I have been PROMISED that the island will be open, first was in 2016. I’m not being played again. We specifically booked 2 cruises thinking we were getting the island, it will be us and MSC finished 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sidari said:

Possible pre warning that it might not happen yet!

COO of MSC says of Ocean Cay, “We’re cautious of the timeline and opening on November 9.”

Photos taken last week on Ocean Cay:
https://www.facebook.com/703222993193178/posts/1200658440116295?s=1489271007&sfns=mo

I see nothing in the link you provided that contains that quote.  Sure hope they get it open by November.  Can't keep doing that same lame itinerary over and over.  Ocean Cay was to be the highlight this year.

12 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I see nothing in the link you provided that contains that quote.  Sure hope they get it open by November.  Can't keep doing that same lame itinerary over and over.  Ocean Cay was to be the highlight this year.

It is in the link I provided just below Sidari.

2 minutes ago, Jossie1960 said:

Just seen the recent promotion today for the first cruise in November to call at Ocean Cay

- 7 nights on Meraviglia for £43/pp/pn.   That must be the cheapest cruise yet !

Nice price~! For those of us from the US that equates to approximately $53 pp/pd. Should note that the November 3 Mergviglia is a 5 night cruise (I'm not sure if Jossie is quoting the 5 night trip). From the US, the 5 nighter is still showing as $649 rack (plus tax and minus discounts from MSC and TA). I suspect that will drop.

Armonia is still dropping for this fall. 7 night inside is now $259 plus tax inside. An Armonia balcony is $499 pp plus tax. Remember, these are standard rack rates. You can expect another 5-10% discount from MSC if you have voyager, etc..; plus 10% rebate of cruise cost from most agencies, plus agency loyalties, etc... Cheaper than eating at home! 

Even Seaside is reducing nicely for fall fairs. Looks like 7 nights various dates in October and November can be had for (plus tax and minus any discounts you negotiate): 

$359 inside

$499 oceanview

$599 balcony

One of the things I most look forward to in retirement is being able to take advantage of these shoulder season rates. 

• Like 1

This link shows them bookable and for less than the initial $500 a day

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Cruise-Destinations/Ocean-Cay-MSC-Marine-Reserve.aspx

We have B2B booked and will call on the Ocean Cay twice in those two sailings ... fingers crossed that the YC area is up and running and the YC food/bev service etc is up and running

Have read in CC UK boards that the concierge has to handle YC cabanas as they are in another area and with another service AND to be certain those in YC cabanas are YC pax

On 7/15/2019 at 9:50 PM, cruiseguyinorl said:

As far as I am aware, you are not allowed to book specific cabana numbers for now. Guessing they will be assigned at random. I'm just an agent that puts some large groups onboard and have friends in high places. 🤫 I have been fortunate enough to have access to some insider information. But even looking back, some things have changed about the island configuration just in the last few months. One of the things that shocked me that I don't remember being talked about is that most of the island closes after dark which includes the YC area. Only the beaches and areas closest to the ship will remain open. Fun activities planned though including fire pits on the beach, light shows and a Full Moon Party on the beach. Some activities such as the Stargazing Excursion will be held in the closed off part off the island.

Oh and the cabanas in that description above are pretty much all of them around the lagoon. Based on the map I have seen, I really don't think any are preferred location wise.
Bret

TY Bret. Had thought if you typically do MSC bookings we'd use you instead of the Big Box we joined in the last couple of months just in order to book through an agent.

I suspect that the beach closings has to do with safety/prevent night swimming and life guard requirements. 

Many items are unclear.  The article says "There are no motorized water sports" but MSC is selling jet ski excursions - "OCEAN CAY JET SKI TOUR - 2 GUESTS (1 DRIVER & 1 RIDER".  I really hope they get their act together.  Like Stoneman56 said we already got burned and the ports are the same old ports.  Without the Ocean Cay stop we will do something different.

I have been on 2 MSC cruises out of Miami - Divinia March 2016 and Seaside March 2018 (you can see we are a spring break couple for now).  The ports are identical and we do not even get off the ship in Jamaica (been there many times).  We had a great time on both and can't say enough about the entertainment (the best at sea).  No OC is a deal breaker on this one.  I will wait and see.

32 minutes ago, Rob-Bob said:

Many items are unclear.  The article says "There are no motorized water sports" but MSC is selling jet ski excursions - "OCEAN CAY JET SKI TOUR - 2 GUESTS (1 DRIVER & 1 RIDER". 

This IS surprising as I thought there were no motorized sports and it was perhaps to be environmentally friendly (As much as a carbon footprint cruise ship can be) and that the island was supposed to be quieter....

I suppose everything like in life is subject to change. More research into what pax what/do on islands/beach days. 

MSC touts that it is NOT Carnival (we are thankful for that).

On 7/12/2019 at 7:49 PM, cruiseguyinorl said:

Bret

good day Bret;

being you are the expert - i have a question - 

we  are on the Meraviglia arriving Ocean Cay on the 9th of November - i know the YC section is not going to be completed, but been advised they are going to have a make-shift YC section - that being said, we have a YC Ocean View Cabana booked for this day .... will there be indeed a YC cabana in the make shift area of the island - we are spending 400.00 for the cabana, but want to make sure: A/ that it is truly going to be there  B/ that it will be worth it in the make-shift area ....

if you can let me know, that would be wonderful

thanking you in advance

no motorized water sports on Ocean Cay but MSC is offering the following:

OCEAN CAY JET SKI TOUR - 2 GUESTS (1 DRIVER & 1 RIDER) Team up with a pal and prepare to thrill to the feel of skimming over the surf on a Jet Ski, one of the coolest personal watercraft you’re ever likely to find

PARASAILING ADVENTURE Get a bird's eye view of Ocean Cay, the marine life in the area and surrounding islands from 400 feet above the sea on this parasailing adventure tour.

SHIPWRECK SNORKELING & SECLUDED ISLAND GETAWAY After a short, scenic boat ride to one of the best snorkel sites in the area

It seems like there will be boats and jet skis zooming around all over the place.  Really strange conflict of information.

3 hours ago, marcoigna said:

good day Bret;

being you are the expert - i have a question - 

we  are on the Meraviglia arriving Ocean Cay on the 9th of November - i know the YC section is not going to be completed, but been advised they are going to have a make-shift YC section - that being said, we have a YC Ocean View Cabana booked for this day .... will there be indeed a YC cabana in the make shift area of the island - we are spending 400.00 for the cabana, but want to make sure: A/ that it is truly going to be there  B/ that it will be worth it in the make-shift area ....

if you can let me know, that would be wonderful

thanking you in advance

Yes, there will be cabanas for the YC during "Phase 1". However, they will be on North Beach facing the lagoon. But I do have a client I checked for and was told they would have to book the $449 cabana to utilize the temporary YC cabanas. Drinks and butler services to those supposedly will be available.

2 hours ago, Rob-Bob said:

no motorized water sports on Ocean Cay but MSC is offering the following:

OCEAN CAY JET SKI TOUR - 2 GUESTS (1 DRIVER & 1 RIDER) Team up with a pal and prepare to thrill to the feel of skimming over the surf on a Jet Ski, one of the coolest personal watercraft you’re ever likely to find

PARASAILING ADVENTURE Get a bird's eye view of Ocean Cay, the marine life in the area and surrounding islands from 400 feet above the sea on this parasailing adventure tour.

SHIPWRECK SNORKELING & SECLUDED ISLAND GETAWAY After a short, scenic boat ride to one of the best snorkel sites in the area

It seems like there will be boats and jet skis zooming around all over the place.  Really strange conflict of information.

I was caught off guard with that statement as well. But MSC never ceases to amaze. 😀

Bret

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cruiseguyinorl said:

Yes, there will be cabanas for the YC during "Phase 1". However, they will be on North Beach facing the lagoon. But I do have a client I checked for and was told they would have to book the $449 cabana to utilize the temporary YC cabanas. Drinks and butler services to those supposedly will be available.

I was caught off guard with that statement as well. But MSC never ceases to amaze. 😀

Bret

i suppose we will see on the 9th of November - i have a YC cabana on my booking paid for - so they will need to honor that i suppose - thank you for the info....

1 minute ago, marcoigna said:

i suppose we will see on the 9th of November - i have a YC cabana on my booking paid for - so they will need to honor that i suppose - thank you for the info....

Yes, please let me know. I will be there with our group in January while still in Phase 1. Interested to see if things will go as expected and can tell my YC people what to expect. Thanks!

Bret

Bret- I wonder if you have any insider comment about MSC giving themselves wiggle room for the Nov 9th opening date?

“I think there is a lot of excitement,” Muskat said. “We’re very anxious to see the finished product. No different from building a house or a ship. We’re cautious of the timeline and opening on  November 9th”

Full article here: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lonelyplanet.com/amp/news/2019/07/15/msc-cruises-eco-friendly-marine-reserve/