Question about eDocs.

Booman14

About a week ago I received an email from Norwegian letting me know that my eDocs are ready to download; however, when I try to download them, it states, "eDocs are not ready".  Has anyone seen this before and if so, has long does it take for this to clear up?  We are about 90 days out from our sailing. 

Thanks!

I had my edocs for quite some time, and then they were removed.  Since I am taking advantage of NCL's free/reduced airfare, I am assuming that they are getting ready to finalize the flight arrangements.  Since you are still 90 days out, I would not worry about them now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, imacruiser99 said:

I had my edocs for quite some time, and then they were removed

The same thing happened to me. I got the eDocs, made my seat assignments on Delta and then the eDocs vanished. I talked to customer support, who said it was a technical issue. I talked to tech support and they say it is an issue with ticketing my plane reservations (note above that I have gotten my reservations and picked  my seats). Now I am to call air support and get it released. 

Yes, they have had major problems with the rollout. On the other side, I am a software engineer and I know how major upgrades like this can go dramatically sideways very quickly. And while the obvious solution would be to back out the changes, that is not usually feasible. What would happen to all the reservations / changes that people have made since the rollout? They would be lost. I am having patience and sympathy for these guys and gals. I will bet that they are working very long hours to fix this. 

Edited by stevendom57
  • Like 1

On 7/5/2019 at 10:39 AM, Booman14 said:

About a week ago I received an email from Norwegian letting me know that my eDocs are ready to download; however, when I try to download them, it states, "eDocs are not ready".  Has anyone seen this before and if so, has long does it take for this to clear up?  We are about 90 days out from our sailing. 

Thanks!

They should be ready. Call NCL if you can't get them to download.

On 7/5/2019 at 3:07 PM, stevendom57 said:

The same thing happened to me. I got the eDocs, made my seat assignments on Delta and then the eDocs vanished. I talked to customer support, who said it was a technical issue. I talked to tech support and they say it is an issue with ticketing my plane reservations (note above that I have gotten my reservations and picked  my seats). Now I am to call air support and get it released. 

We are at the same point.  Cruise is not until September.  However, I saw the flight number shortly after we booked and went to Delta to pick our seats.  Now, my eDocs don’t show specifics on the flight.  However, Delta app is still showing the reservation with seats selected.  I’m going to have patience with you.

• Like 1

For our upcoming cruise, our edocs were ready at 150 days. In any case, if you are having problems, call the (1) general reservation number and (2) ask for tech support. If there is something honked up in your reservation that is causing your edocs to be unavailable, the reservation agents/PCCs have zero access to update your reservation to resolve your problem. 

On 7/5/2019 at 10:39 AM, Booman14 said:

Thanks!

Same here.  We are 84 days out.

9 hours ago, shof515 said:

my cruise is in november. ncl website said my edocs will be ready when there is 60 days or less.

If you complete payment and online check-in they will be available sooner. 

However, if you have the airfare promotion they may show, then go away while NCL completes your flight arrangements. 

Those are my experiences. At 55 days, edocs are not ready and flight information not confirmed though I can see city pairs for each segment of our trip. This is the second set of city pairs so we see what actually gets ticketed.

I had mine... never had any flight info on it though.... then they disappeared. I called NCL and they said I should have never had them and they’ll be back when my flights are ticked which should be 40-45 days out for the cruise.

In the same boat as you all. I am 52 days from sailing, eDocs not available, city pairs for flights visible but no details. 

I am anxiously awaiting flight information so I can finalize work days (looks like they have us on an overnight flight back from Hawaii) and activities the day of arrival (or not if it's too late) since we are arriving two days before sailing. 

If I get mine, I will update here! 🙂

I had mine about 65 days out, saw the flights, then about a week later, disappeared.  They repopulated about 50 days out with the ticketed flight info.

Due to the fact that I took advantage of the free air perk, they weren't available until NCL actually purchased the air.  

14 minutes ago, YankeesFan4Life said:

I had mine about 65 days out, saw the flights, then about a week later, disappeared.  They repopulated about 50 days out with the ticketed flight info.

Due to the fact that I took advantage of the free air perk, they weren't available until NCL actually purchased the air.  

A few questions 

1. Domestic or international flights?

2. Did you see city pairs online while edocs were unavailable? Were those ticketed?

3. Did you get an email with flight information or did you just have to know to open edocs and check?

13 minutes ago, Nola26 said:

A few questions 

1. Domestic or international flights?

2. Did you see city pairs online while edocs were unavailable? Were those ticketed?

3. Did you get an email with flight information or did you just have to know to open edocs and check?

Newark - Miami - so domestic

Don't know what you mean by city pairs?

No email, just looked at the eDocs.  Got a little paranoid about it so started checking it everyday...

It says our docs are ready but we cant print them either. We are 42 days out. 

My in-laws, on the same cruise have theirs printed no problem. I have been told that haven get theirs posted so maybe that’s why we cant print ours?  Not sure how true that is though so we will keep looking to print them 

26 minutes ago, Andrea n steven said:

It says our docs are ready but we cant print them either. We are 42 days out. 

My in-laws, on the same cruise have theirs printed no problem. I have been told that haven get theirs posted so maybe that’s why we cant print ours?  Not sure how true that is though so we will keep looking to print them 

Haven get their luggage tags posted, but I've never heard of them getting E-Docs sent. We certainly had to print ours the one time we were in a suite.

1 hour ago, KeithJenner said:

Haven get their luggage tags posted, but I've never heard of them getting E-Docs sent. We certainly had to print ours the one time we were in a suite.

Thank you. I thought the docs was a strange thing to be posted. Luggage tags makes sense though. 

I finally got my eDocs for my Sept 7 cruise. I first talked to a guest relations person, who said it was my checkin had not been completed, even though the web site said it was. Once that was done, it was determined that it must be a technical issue. Then I talked to tech support, who found out everything was good, but something about the air promo was holding me up. I then talked to the air department, who found that there was some flag indicating that something was wrong. Once that was cleared I got me eDocs. This time, I saved them away, printed them and emailed them to myself. I am happy now.

It's not their fault, they are doing their best.

We called Norwegian, told them the issue, and after 1-1/2 hours on the phone, she fixed everything, arranged our flight and everything worked out great.  We are 93 days out. 

She even asked us what time would we would like to fly.  Very Helpful! 

On 7/11/2019 at 5:37 PM, stevendom57 said:

I finally got my eDocs for my Sept 7 cruise. I first talked to a guest relations person, who said it was my checkin had not been completed, even though the web site said it was. Once that was done, it was determined that it must be a technical issue. Then I talked to tech support, who found out everything was good, but something about the air promo was holding me up. I then talked to the air department, who found that there was some flag indicating that something was wrong. Once that was cleared I got me eDocs. This time, I saved them away, printed them and emailed them to myself. I am happy now.

It's not their fault, they are doing their best.

How far out are you?