items on buffet you avoid every time

"If someone is into entree-sized salads, not a salad-course salad, the buffets are a good place." 

We eat at the buffet a lot.  I'm not very picky and have no problem with most of the food, even the eggs or egg-products, whatever they actually are.   I do tend to stay away from a lot of the meats.  Just a personal preference, really.  It's the texture and the fat I think.  

On our latest cruise they served some pretty good (IMO) mac and cheese.  Some nights it had broccoli and chicken.  Yum.

But, I love a good salad bar.  I could eat it as a main course every night.  With the mac and cheese on the side.

On 7/16/2019 at 9:44 PM, clo said:

But you tried it.  Good for you.  We're very adventuresome eaters and run across so many people who have never tried something but declare it "ugh."

Why do "liquid eggs" have gluten in them?

I've always told my kids they need to try something once and then decide if they like it or not.  So I have to follow the same rule.  😃

There is gluten in a lot of weird places that you wouldn't think would have it.  Some broths, some yogurts, some pina colada mixes, seasoning mixes, chocolate, some soft serve ice creams, canned tuna and canned chicken are some examples.  I think it is used as a stabilizer in the liquid egg.  All I know is that it makes me very sick.  =(

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, screwsmcernst said:

All I know is that it makes me very sick.  =(

Does that mean you are constantly learning new items with gluten? And learning equals getting sick? Wow, that is tough.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, slidergirl said:

We also went to some famous "wild game" (not really wild anymore) in Nairobi our last night - kind of like those Brazilian restaurants where the servers walk around with skewers of meat.  Crocodile, ox, camel, ostrich, bull balls... 

Restaurant is called Carnivore

Been there.  Not bad.  

Best was at Mount Etjos in Namibia.  Dinner around the brai.  Big round building, with a HUGE brai (BBQ grill) in the center, and tables around neat the wall, under a partial roof (open on the the brai)..

22 hours ago, slidergirl said:

In Hawaii, I always get a couple pieces of Spam musubi!!

Good stuff.

Occasionally I make Spam, scrambled eggs, and rice for breakfast.

My Mother was from Hawaii. 😄

3 minutes ago, SRF said:

Restaurant is called Carnivore

Been there.  Not bad.  

Best was at Mount Etjos in Namibia.  Dinner around the brai.  Big round building, with a HUGE brai (BBQ grill) in the center, and tables around neat the wall, under a partial roof (open on the the brai)..

Yes, it was Carnivore.  My brain couldn't remember the name.  Our guides took us there for our last dinner before taking us to the airport.  It was one of those times I hunkered down and ate meat.  

55 minutes ago, SRF said:

Sort of like a rat.

Those rats came from farmers rice fields so they'd been eating good stuff.  They were grilled by the side of the road.  Unfortunately our guide had the hotel that night to cook the dickens out of them.  Tough as shoeleather and flavorless.  I would try them again.