Breakaway - rooms near stairs

Jasonmom

We booked guaranteed balcony on an upcoming NCL Breakaway to Western Caribbean.  Right now it shows our room right near the stairs / elevators (9884).  Has anyone else been in one of these rooms and how bad is the noise?

23 minutes ago, Jasonmom said:

We booked guaranteed balcony on an upcoming NCL Breakaway to Western Caribbean.  Right now it shows our room right near the stairs / elevators (9884).  Has anyone else been in one of these rooms and how bad is the noise?

I just got off the breakaway June 9th. Although I wasn’t on deck 9, i had the second cabin to the end on deck 8.  The stairs and elevators are around the corner. Yes, everyone coming down the hall has to pass your cabin but that part never bothered me.  What was awful (only subject to deck ) was there was no inside cabins in that area, it was the alley way for workers. They slammed that door across from me 24/7. 

You scored a good cabin. Go down one deck and take the outside walk way, nice!

Recently, I always book near the elevator due to my knees. I have never heard more noise than in any other cabin. Loud people in the hallway will be loud no matter where you are. The elevator lobby does work to cut off a lot of sound from the actual elevators.

You should be far enough from the elevator in that room that you won't hear people congregating in the elevator area.  Also, since there are only cabins on your floor, excessive noise shouldn't be an issue.  If you are a poor sleeper, consider bringing a white noise machine.  But, that is good advice for any cabin area.

Sounds like you did pretty good with the guarantee.

The elevator lobby on BA is pretty well isolated from the cabin hallways.  The occasional running child or noisy passengers in the hallway are your only concern.  

I don't think that noise coming up from the waterfront is a concern if you are near the elevators.  

I'm another one who specifically picks a location near the stairs, as you spend less time walking along those corridors. I have never found them to be noisy.

I also don't recall anyone complaining about noise when near the stairs. You have a very good location in my opinion.

Thanks to everyone for their responses.  I think the location will do us good.  Mom is 77 and tires out easily.  I have to walk with a cane most of the time.  Noise has never really been an issue on any ship except when our room was near some piece of machinery used when docking so I doubt it will be an issue this time.

Once again, thanks 😀

This is great to hear!  We're on the Breakaway this November, and got assigned to 13186 from a Sail Away rate - which is also close to the stair and elevator banks.  It's a relief to here it should be no big deal.

Noises from Moderno/Cagney one deck (#8) below doesn't travel up the stairs and 98% of the time, nobody hangout or stand/wait by the stairs or the elevator banks, the balconies along that corridor are further away enough - I don't recall the specific cabin # of this picture, but it was Deck 9 on the Breakaway, give you some idea of the sound & visual barriers/distance ... I don't feel you have anything to worry about.  

We had a GTY balcony that we upgraded to, port side but a few doors further back toward AFT - no issues whatsoever, it's convenient location & easy access to 6-7-8.  Those that run up & down the corridors or hallways can pop out of nowhere, regardless of how careful you select a location, thinking otherwise.  

Enjoy your cruise & stop worrying. 

IMG_0338.JPG

IMG_0278.JPG

On 7/7/2019 at 8:38 PM, cruisinmeme said:

I just got off the breakaway June 9th. Although I wasn’t on deck 9, i had the second cabin to the end on deck 8.  The stairs and elevators are around the corner. Yes, everyone coming down the hall has to pass your cabin but that part never bothered me.  What was awful (only subject to deck ) was there was no inside cabins in that area, it was the alley way for workers. They slammed that door across from me 24/7. 

You scored a good cabin. Go down one deck and take the outside walk way, nice!

We were on the Breakaway twice.  The second time we got an upgrade to a spa balcony and were two or three cabins away from the front of the ship.  We could actually see inside the bridge when the curtain wasn't closed.  Didn't realize that there was an access door for staff across the hall.  All night long this door slammed.  So much for a peaceful spa cabin.