Unlimited Laundry Package

Flojo18

6 hours ago, Flojo18 said:

Wondering if the unlimited laundry package includes pressing? 

Thank you!

Yes, it does. All your clothes will come back beautifully pressed. And if you want pressing only (no washing), you can specify that on the laundry slip. You also choose folded or on hangers. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

HAL does a wonderful job when it comes to pressing.  Many times we have sent out items that only needed only pressed.

Agree with this.

My husband sends nearly all of his shirts out for pressing as soon as we unpack - all of the dress shirts (he normally wears these at dinner) and his cabana shirts, which normally don't survive packing without wrinkles.  We've always had them all returned by the next afternoon.

We love HAL's laundry service and use it fully.  It's so nice to arrive home with very little laundry to face when unpacking.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Moriah said:

Yes, it does. All your clothes will come back beautifully pressed. And if you want pressing only (no washing), you can specify that on the laundry slip. You also choose folded or on hangers. 

Thank you!

2 hours ago, 0bnxshs said:

No pressing done on Noordam sailing of 6/30/19.  Shirts and pants came back on hangers but not pressed.

Wow, this is very very unusual.  Are you sure somehow they didn't think you had checked "no pressing" or something? Did you bring it to the attention of your steward? He would have sent it back to the laundry for pressing. Pressing is absolutely included whenever you send something to be laundered. 

Oh this thread was great!  I have a linen dress I was planning to pack for dinner in the Pinnacle Grill and know it won't survive the flight from Houston to Amsterdam.  But it would only need to be pressed.  We loved the laundry service when we did our Alaska cruise will definitely be doing it again on the upcoming cruise.

2 hours ago, Moriah said:

Wow, this is very very unusual.  Are you sure somehow they didn't think you had checked "no pressing" or something? Did you bring it to the attention of your steward? He would have sent it back to the laundry for pressing. Pressing is absolutely included whenever you send something to be laundered. 

Yes, I'm well aware that pressing has always been included with laundry, I've even had handkerchiefs come back pressed.  I was told that certain garments are no longer pressed including what they consider to be mens casual shirts, mens chino/khaki pants among other things.  My survey will include comments about the several odd changes, perhaps related to Noordam only, but this will be included.

2 hours ago, 0bnxshs said:

Yes, I'm well aware that pressing has always been included with laundry, I've even had handkerchiefs come back pressed.  I was told that certain garments are no longer pressed including what they consider to be mens casual shirts, mens chino/khaki pants among other things.  My survey will include comments about the several odd changes, perhaps related to Noordam only, but this will be included.

WOW Rich.  It sounds like the Noordam really has had a lot of changes.

Our stuff was all pressed on the Prinsendam, tents were out with lovely drinks, cool/hot towels (depending on the temperature), Welcome back sign up, chairs under the tent, etc.

It’s making me miss the Prinsendam more and more and giving me 2nd thoughts on a cruise I was considering on the Noordam next year.

DH will NOT be happy if some of his garments are not pressed 😉 😄 

I wonder what would have happened if you had written in the comments section of the laundry form that you wanted all pants and shirts properly pressed?

8 minutes ago, kazu said:

WOW Rich.  It sounds like the Noordam really has had a lot of changes.

Our stuff was all pressed on the Prinsendam, tents were out with lovely drinks, cool/hot towels (depending on the temperature), Welcome back sign up, chairs under the tent, etc.

It’s making me miss the Prinsendam more and more and giving me 2nd thoughts on a cruise I was considering on the Noordam next year.

DH will NOT be happy if some of his garments are not pressed 😉 😄 

I wonder what would have happened if you had written in the comments section of the laundry form that you wanted all pants and shirts properly pressed?

I could have inquired further about all this I know and perhaps should have.  However, I didn't want to get too fussy as my DD was with me as sort of a "de-compression vacation" so didn't want to spoil it for her by getting frustrated.  We had a nice upgrade to a SS suite.  She and I had taken her first cruise 10 years earlier on the old Statendam on the north bound Vancouver to Seward cruise and so it was sort of a "let's do it again" 10 years later cruise.  We had a nice time and just let these little things stack up for the survey rather than being unsettled during the cruise.  Nothing by itself was too big an issue, just the accumulation of them.

BTW, the HD was Mark Pells from our Westerdam "Sailaway Gang" Panama Canal cruise.

9 minutes ago, 0bnxshs said:

I could have inquired further about all this I know and perhaps should have.  However, I didn't want to get too fussy as my DD was with me as sort of a "de-compression vacation" so didn't want to spoil it for her by getting frustrated.  We had a nice upgrade to a SS suite.  She and I had taken her first cruise 10 years earlier on the old Statendam on the north bound Vancouver to Seward cruise and so it was sort of a "let's do it again" 10 years later cruise.  We had a nice time and just let these little things stack up for the survey rather than being unsettled during the cruise.  Nothing by itself was too big an issue, just the accumulation of them.

BTW, the HD was Mark Pells from our Westerdam "Sailaway Gang" Panama Canal cruise.

I’m glad Deb and you got away for a decompression cruise and I get where you are coming from.

Our Sailaway Gang cruise sure was a good one 😄 

I saw the CD was Mark Pells who I thought was quite good so I am surprised with the no tent, no water, no pressing that you experienced.

16 minutes ago, kazu said:

I’m glad Deb and you got away for a decompression cruise and I get where you are coming from.

Our Sailaway Gang cruise sure was a good one 😄 

I saw the CD was Mark Pells who I thought was quite good so I am surprised with the no tent, no water, no pressing that you experienced.

LOL Jacqui..... it was my daughter Amy and I who were on this cruise, not Deb and I.  CD was Towanna Stone who disappeared about halfway through the cruise.  I saw her leaving in Juneau and there was no replacement before we debarked.  Mark was the HD.  I spoke to him briefly (he remember the "Sailaway Gang") but not the right time for questions about the above.  :classic_wink:

Edited by 0bnxshs

1 hour ago, 0bnxshs said:

LOL Jacqui..... it was my daughter Amy and I who were on this cruise, not Deb and I.  CD was Towanna Stone who disappeared about halfway through the cruise.  I saw her leaving in Juneau and there was no replacement before we debarked.  Mark was the HD.  I spoke to him briefly (he remember the "Sailaway Gang") but not the right time for questions about the above.  :classic_wink:

LOL - typo sorry.  I knew he was the HD.

Oh nice that you took Amy.

The Sailaway gang would be hard to forget.  I still remember our drinks at the second meet and greet and the Captain giving the cupcakes to Gail’s 2 charming children.

Got it on not the right time 😉