AIR TO SEA PROGRAM

1 minute ago, kearney said:

...but perhaps using choice air I am still allowed to book seats? The fare is too good to be regular economy.

The ability to choose seats is based on the airline's rules for that fare type, nothing to do with ChoiceAir/Air2Sea.

12 minutes ago, RSLeesburg said:

Another question on this - if air fare is booked through Air2Sea, does the standard Cruise Care insurance cover the flights too?   

Yes.

Just book air2sea JFK to Rome for  May  2020., Alitalia and Delta.

The agent was able to assign seats with both airlines.  Both flights showed almost instantly in the Delta app.  Price was better than either airline showed for refundable or non refundable tickets.

I was told the price is locked and I can cancel or change for any reason, no change fee.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, shemp2000 said:

Just book air2sea JFK to Rome for  May  2020., Alitalia and Delta.

The agent was able to assign seats with both airlines.  Both flights showed almost instantly in the Delta app.  Price was better than either airline showed for refundable or non refundable tickets.

I was told the price is locked and I can cancel or change for any reason, no change fee.

You can cancel the flights for a full refund?

11 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

I just booked international round-trip flights as well -- refundable with fees, meaning we can cancel or change til Final Payment date for no charge (if, eg, we find a better price). Beyond that time, a change "may" encounter a $225 fee (Assuming this is $25 to Air2Sea and $200 to airline). No actual payment due til Final Payment for cruise.

We've already gotten confirmation, and our airline profiles show the flights as confirmed (and we were able to pick seats). The price was so good compared to what I found direct through airlines or other sources that I feel like I'm missing something. Please chime in if you think I have!

5 hours ago, zooma said:

I just booked international round-trip flights as well -- refundable with fees, meaning we can cancel or change til Final Payment date for no charge (if, eg, we find a better price). Beyond that time, a change "may" encounter a $225 fee (Assuming this is $25 to Air2Sea and $200 to airline). No actual payment due til Final Payment for cruise. ...

Thanks for the update.

6 hours ago, zooma said:

I just booked international round-trip flights as well -- refundable with fees, meaning we can cancel or change til Final Payment date for no charge (if, eg, we find a better price). Beyond that time, a change "may" encounter a $225 fee (Assuming this is $25 to Air2Sea and $200 to airline). No actual payment due til Final Payment for cruise.

We've already gotten confirmation, and our airline profiles show the flights as confirmed (and we were able to pick seats). The price was so good compared to what I found direct through airlines or other sources that I feel like I'm missing something. Please chime in if you think I have!

I would think a good travel insurance policy for your trip could provide the same cancel protection for a range of reasons...and much less than a $200 fee.

18 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Yes, up until final cruise payment.  I believe the $25 air2sea charge is not refundable.

My cruise was booked as refundable, not sure if that plays into this.

38 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

I would think a good travel insurance policy for your trip could provide the same cancel protection for a range of reasons...and much less than a $200 fee.

Yes, true -- I should've been more clear. That (change "may" encounter $225 fee) was the language the Air2Sea rep used when I asked him to tell me all the fine print. 

12 minutes ago, zooma said:

Yes, true -- I should've been more clear. That (change "may" encounter $225 fee) was the language the Air2Sea rep used when I asked him to tell me all the fine print. 

Gotcha.  Good to hear you asked and got the answer. 👍