AIR TO SEA PROGRAM

Yesterday,  Air2Sea's price for our DCA-MIA round-trip flight on American Airlines was $496/pp versus $452/pp if we purchased directly from the airline.  Although Air2Sea guarantees the lowest price, they couldn't match the airlines price. The Air2Sea representative said they would give us the difference in on-board credit on the ship.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cruisecookie said:

Yesterday,  Air2Sea's price for our DCA-MIA round-trip flight on American Airlines was $496/pp versus $452/pp if we purchased directly from the airline.  Although Air2Sea guarantees the lowest price, they couldn't match the airlines price. The Air2Sea representative said they would give us the difference in on-board credit on the ship.  

Air2Sea imposes a $15-$25 per person non-refundable fee on top of airline fares, so for purely domestic travel, Air2Sea will normally be a bit more expensive than the airline's website.

Just now, cruisecookie said:

That was not the case for our trip last month, we actually got a better price than the airline offered.  We usually are not charged an extra fee, perhaps that is because we are D+ members.

I paid $50 and we're Pinnacle 🤔

1 minute ago, cruisecookie said:

That was not the case for our trip last month, we actually got a better price than the airline offered.  We usually are not charged an extra fee, perhaps that is because we are D+ members.

Domestic flight?

3 minutes ago, cruisecookie said:

Yes,  Washington Dulles to San Juan, PR.

Unusual for Air2Sea to have better pricing for domestic flights, but maybe San Juan changes that equation.

I booked Delta first class tickets r/t between JFK and San Juan several months ago via Air2Sea, it was about $60-$80 cheaper than direct with Delta, was fully refundable, and didn't require payment till cruise final payment. Now if Delta would stop changing the return flight time by a minute or two every three weeks I'd be very happy. 🙂

Edited by dswallow

2 minutes ago, dswallow said:

I booked Delta first class tickets r/t between JFK and San Juan several months ago via Air2Sea, it was about $60-$80 cheaper than direct with Delta, was fully refundable, and didn't require payment till cruise final payment. Now if Delta would stop changing the return flight time by a minute or two every three weeks I'd be very happy. 🙂

Interesting, I did not realize that the payment for First Class tickets could also be delayed until cruise final payment.

5 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Interesting, I did not realize that the payment for First Class tickets could also be delayed until cruise final payment.

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised, but still nervous. I could see the flight reservation on Delta's web site attached to my FF#, though, so felt with that showing it was actually really reserved. 🙂

4 minutes ago, dswallow said:

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised, but still nervous. I could see the flight reservation on Delta's web site attached to my FF#, though, so felt with that showing it was actually really reserved. 🙂

My flight shows up on the American site, I just cant select a seat. 

Can you select seats on Delta?

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

We've always been able to select seats on Delta, American, United, and USAir, except as I ha dmentioned earlier, one time when Air2Sea had not purchased the tickets yet.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

We've always been able to select seats on Delta, American, United, and USAir, except as I ha dmentioned earlier, one time when Air2Sea had not purchased the tickets yet.

This is the first time I can't,  but also first time I haven't paid up front. Previous flights were all Delta and Lufthansa 

our flights in may to venice  in may $750 on choiceair compared to 1500 on united. we were able to pick seats going to venice but the return on air canada we were not able to. next year we are going back and the price went up to 783 compared to 1473 on united. we got to pick seats both ways this time .

1 minute ago, cajinyank said:

our flights in may to venice  in may $750 on choiceair compared to 1500 on united. we were able to pick seats going to venice but the return on air canada we were not able to. next year we are going back and the price went up to 783 compared to 1473 on united. we got to pick seats both ways this time .

We had booked a flight on BA through ChoiceAir, and could not select seats on that one, because of the fare rules.  We ended up cancelling that one, but it shows that you cannot always control the type of fare that is purchased by ChoiceAir / Air2Sea.

17 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Yes I'm fairly certain I picked them from the Air2Sea side of things. I can also readily adjust that on Delta's web site as well. 

3 hours ago, zooma said:

Are their prices often generally better than booking directly with airlines for international flights? And would that also include for  business class? I did a quick sample search for what we would need but did not see a huge difference and, like OP, was a little confused about the pros and cons.

I have found for 1 way international, ChoiceAir is much better. I paid $1100 for Business class from Seattle to Copenhagen last year. Booking directly with airlines was in the $3-4K range. Coach was really inexpensive ($300-400).

I wouldn’t use it for domestic, but for international, I think it’s great.

Edited by crzndeb
  • Thanks 1

So, I booked my mom through Air2Sea several months ago and now Im questioning why.  My thinking was its peak hurricane season (September 1) and if her flight is delayed they will get her to the ship.  I see there are no absolute guarantees on that as someone posted above.   

I check her flight today through American Airlines and find that her airfare is over half what Air2Sea charged.      We can get OBC for the difference?  

Edited by ryano

1 minute ago, ryano said:

So, I booked my mom through Air2Sea several months ago and now Im questioning why.  My thinking was its peak hurricane season (September 1) and if her flight is delayed they will get her to the ship.  I see there are no absolute guarantees on that as someone posted above.   

I check her flight today through American Airlines and find that her airfare is half what Air2Sea charged.      We can get OBC for the difference?  

Supposedly Air2Sea will give you the lower price and OBC if you have paid already.  However, the fare on the AA site would have to be exactly the same type of fare that Air2Sea purchased.  I'll be interested to see how it turns out for you.

Just now, Host Clarea said:

Supposedly Air2Sea will give you the lower price and OBC if you have paid already.  However, the fare on the AA site would have to be exactly the same type of fare that Air2Sea purchased.  I'll be interested to see how it turns out for you.

She is booked basic economy through Air2Sea.   That fare now is 172.00 roundtrip.  About half what she paid originally.   I will let y'all know how it goes.  :)  

1 hour ago, Host Clarea said:

I believe that guarantee is only available within 24 hours of the initial booking (and it's for 110% of the difference as a non-refundable OBC).

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/terms-and-conditions/air-2-sea

Though at least for the fully refundable Air2Sea reservations, while in the refundable state, I'd expect that should be essentially a cancellation and rebooking.

3 minutes ago, dswallow said:

I believe that guarantee is only available within 24 hours of the initial booking (and it's for 110% of the difference as a non-refundable OBC).

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/terms-and-conditions/air-2-sea

Though at least for the fully refundable Air2Sea reservations, while in the refundable state, I'd expect that should be essentially a cancellation and rebooking.

Thanks for the updated info.

4 minutes ago, dswallow said:

Basically this.  After a 34 minute hold, they cant do anything for us.  I wish I had read the fine print first.  

Wow lots of different kinds of info...........What we are looking to do is fly from PHL to Anchorage One way..............then on the return fly from either Vancouver to PHL or from Seattle to PHL depending on the prices.

Cruise is set for July 31st, 2020.........but we will be doing a DIY land tour prior to the cruise some where around July 24th...........

I guess then we can't even start looking at airfare prices for about 3 more weeks, is that correct? Is that how it works?

The reason we rather book teh air through Choice Air is because I'm hoping if we would have to cancel this vacation before final payment for some reason we can be rest assured of getting ALL our airfare money back also............Am I hoping for to much  on this matter.

Rather have our air arrangements in place earlier then waiting last minute with higher prices and less availability?

So am I thinking right on all this or am I way off? How do others handle this, give me the pros and cons of what I hope I can accomplish on this matter?