Status share for kids?

Sorry if this is obvious but I can't quite figure it out.

I read that RCCL gives status equivalence to SOs.

Will they give it to my minor children?
If it makes a difference at time of sailing we will be Diamond solely through reciprocity with Celebrity.

My kids will have sailed with Celebrity a couple of times so they will be some level, I guess, but not Diamond.

28 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you are a Diamond due to the status share with a Celebrity then your kids will also be Diamond.

Doesn’t Celebrity also March children with their parents?

My kids will have only been on two Celebrity cruises (some were taken before they existed!) so they aren't the same level as we are on Celebrity.

20 minutes ago, the_dylaness said:

My kids will have only been on two Celebrity cruises (some were taken before they existed!) so they aren't the same level as we are on Celebrity.

Are they linked to your account though.  If they are not linked they only show their status. Once they are linked that’s when they share the parents status.  At least on Royal.  Assuming (maybe incorrectly) it would be the same on Celebrity.

I could be wrong - but I thought celebrity does not assign numbers/accounts to children?  My hubby and I have numbers through celebrity but not our kids.  My kids do have crown and anchor numbers though.

That being said - kid's match their parents status on both lines.

4 hours ago, Queen of Oakville said:

I could be wrong - but I thought celebrity does not assign numbers/accounts to children?  My hubby and I have numbers through celebrity but not our kids.  My kids do have crown and anchor numbers though.

That being said - kid's match their parents status on both lines.

This is correct. 

As previously stated your minor children will share your Diamond status.  However, the on board offers than make Diamond so attractive will be different for your kids.  I believe all kids receive the same on board offers regardless of their status.  Someone will correct me if I am wrong or if that has changed.

8 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you are a Diamond due to the status share with a Celebrity then your kids will also be Diamond.

Doesn’t Celebrity also March children with their parents?

Celebrity doesn't allow children in Captain's Club.  Once they are 18, if they are Diamond on Royal they will be Elite with Celebrity. 

Edited by nicstress
Error
  • Like 1

Thanks for the info.. I am still a bit confused.

So, since our reciprocity is ONLY due to status with celebrity (where kids do not get their own #s) does our reciprocity on RCCL extend to our kids?  Sorry if that is already answered above but I am so confused.

Just now, the_dylaness said:

So, since our reciprocity is ONLY due to status with celebrity (where kids do not get their own #s) does our reciprocity on RCCL extend to our kids?  

Yes, call C&A, set up the kids with their own acnt, will be linked to you and inherit your status till 18.

10 minutes ago, the_dylaness said:

Thanks!

Once your kids sail with you once as Diamond they will remain Diamond even after turning 18.  At 18 they keep your status but revert to their own actual points.  They could be Diamond with 7 points if they only took one 7 day cruise. 

Our DD did have a Captain´s Club number as a minor. She was linked to our C&A account and got the same status and on our first cruise with X she got a CC number too and got the matched level.

Anyway with the new system everyone should have a CC number too. As well as for Azamara.

steamboats

We are also Diamond members only because of the status reciprocity with Celebrity, and I just emailed Royal to get my kids C&A numbers the other day. They’ve only been on one RCI cruise, and we’re booked for another this fall.  I was under the assumption that they’d be Diamond as well, but the reply I got with their new membership numbers indicated they’d have Gold status.  I’m not terribly concerned with it either way, so I guess we’ll find out on board 🤷‍♀️

Yes. Our kids were Diamond before they ever set foot on a RCCL ship. The kids get the status we have, but not the points. Their respective points will accumulate as they cruise, but their status will remain until they earn a higher one.

On Celebrity, they don't usually give Captains Club accounts to minors. But we made a booking with adjoining cabins with the kids in one and DH and I in the other. In order to get the one category Captain's Club upgrade when booking, they had to assign my daughter a number. Now, she shows as Elite but my son does not. 

3 minutes ago, the_dylaness said:

Still so complicated...

I sailed on an RCCL ship once, in 2002, for 12 nights in an ocean view cabin.

I have 8 points. 
???

Actually, you had one Cruise Credit which was converted to 8 points in 2011.

There´s no difference between kids and other people linked to your household regarding the points... I do have my earned points (so does my DD) and I do have "inherited" points. By the age of 18 the kids does lose the "inherited" points but of course keeps the earned (cruised) ones and keeps the status (in case it has less earned points than needed for the status). So my DD lost all her inherited points when she turned 18 last year.

In case you have inherited points and you cruise without the person which earned the points your inherited points will get less. Let´s say you have a total of 8 inherited points and now you are on an 11 night cruise (with another person than the one which earned the points) then your total balance will only show 3 more points as those inherited points are "eaten" up.

steamboats

4 minutes ago, DKLI said:

So when I take my grandkids (their first cruise), they will share in our Diamond status?  And what, exactly, will that get me/them?

Thank you.

Karen

No difference for you.    The grandkids will have the same C&A coupons as Gold and above.

No, kids (und the age of 18) won´t have the same coupons as the adults. Actually what the kids get is pretty much worthless - like 2 for 1 for a B&J ice cream bar. And all kids have the same coupons (doesn´t depend on the status). As Diamond and above they do get a gift.

And the grandkids will only have the same status if they are living in your household and are linked to your account.

steamboats

Edited by steamboats