New 10 portrait package $189

Paula_MacFan

I've been checking my Personalizer daily to see if the all-inclusive photo package would be offered on our upcoming 12 night cruise.  Today they've added a new 10 portrait package for $189.   T&Cs:  Capture your memories at sea with 10 of your favorite professional photos as 8x10 prints and digital files on a thumb drive.*

*Excludes Platinum Studio, weddings, vow renewals, specially scheduled group photos and private events.

We sail in two weeks. Just within the last week or so I was looking at buying the former “unlimited” package. That was, for sure, in my personalizer. But when I just looked now, that package is gone and replaced with the $189 package for 10 photos. 

I don’t think I’ll bother now. I’ll just pick one or two that I like and buy those a la carte.

3 hours ago, Dani24 said:

We sail in two weeks. Just within the last week or so I was looking at buying the former “unlimited” package. That was, for sure, in my personalizer. But when I just looked now, that package is gone and replaced with the $189 package for 10 photos. 

I don’t think I’ll bother now. I’ll just pick one or two that I like and buy those a la carte.

The unlimited package was for all candid ship's photos that you were included in.

This new 10 for $189 is specifically just for portraits. Not photos taken on the gangway, in the dining room, or elsewhere on the ship--only ones such as the formal night sittings in front of their backgrounds.

So the package will be useless to anyone who just wants to pick a la carte. You are right to skip it; sorry you didn't jump on the old package in time.

3 hours ago, fishywood said:

The unlimited package was for all candid ship's photos that you were included in.

This new 10 for $189 is specifically just for portraits. Not photos taken on the gangway, in the dining room, or elsewhere on the ship--only ones such as the formal night sittings in front of their backgrounds.

So the package will be useless to anyone who just wants to pick a la carte. You are right to skip it; sorry you didn't jump on the old package in time.

That seems absurd! Why would they exclude those other photo types?

Already purchase the old unlimited package on upcoming voyage.  Checked this morning and it is no longer available, just this new one.  If they maintain this new one, I will not be buying it as I too liked the port photos, candids etc, not the portraits.

7 hours ago, fishywood said:

Are you sure of that? I know it says "portraits" instead of "photos" but if you purchase them individually don't they cost the same?

I have actually bought this package on board of Regal in June. Our package included 10 pictures (not portraits, any pics) AND digital download of all of them. Photo staff person we talked to allowed us to keep going through pics and add to our "selection" pile daily and on last day we chose 10 pics. We were even able to swap background on one of the "candid" pics to what we liked more. Package was the same price on board $189.

Nattie, so you got to choose 10 of the printed photos to take with you as part of your package.  On the digital copies, were only the 10 photos included—or did all the remaining photos also appear digitally?

Cobber, only the chosen pics were included in the download. We actually ended up with 12 pics total because my DS couldnt make up his mind about what to choose and photographer, he made friends with on the cruise, just told him to take the two extra. It was very nice of her.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nattie said:

Cobber, only the chosen pics were included in the download. We actually ended up with 12 pics total because my DS couldnt make up his mind about what to choose and photographer, he made friends with on the cruise, just told him to take the two extra. It was very nice of her.

typical "realtor" / "tire salesman"  tactic ... for the seller that is

who cares what the seller gets, right? it's all about my commission ... so what if the price is lowered / or additional seller products included ...

commission on a zero sale is zero ...

It appears as though Princess has been testing the waters & adjusting the prices depending on how popular the package is selling.

When they first tried the package it started out at $99 for all the photo's. :classic_happy:

MissP,

I think $99 for all photos was very limited online only deal. We bought it for Panama Canal cruise. It was great, but kind of forced me to bring home more pics that I really needed :). I do like the 10 pis package a lot. Typically it is all that we really need at this point, ie how many champagne fountain pics can one have 😉

Voljeep,

I get that it is the tactic sometimes, but in our instance we have prepaid for the package sometime midcruise. Technically she (photog) could have charged us for the extra 2 pics. What she did, while being a small gesture, left me with positive "vibe" of photo staff and with feeling of not being "nickel and dimed" which is very important for repeat cruisers.

• Like 1

They have now reintroduced the all included photo package, with the price depending on the length of the cruise.it can still be a great deal for those of us who enjoy bringing those picture memories home.😀

Edited by jwattle

10 minutes ago, jwattle said:

They have now reintroduced the all included photo package, with the price depending on the length of the cruise.it can still be a great deal for those of us who enjoy bringing those picture memories home.😀

Hi jwattle,

You don’t have to purchase the photo package. You can use my Brownie  Hawkeye and save the money. 😁😁

Your friend,

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

3AABCCDA-8968-43FD-9CBF-D1A7A18EC466.jpeg

24 minutes ago, jwattle said:

Agree.  It appears that they also changed it back to getting all pics of people in other cabins (without the package) as long as there is someone in the photo from the cabin with the Package.  That’s how it started, but it was reported here that at some point last year they were requiring that everyone in the pic had to be in a cabin with the package.  That was a problem.  

We enjoy the package because of of the Port Pictures!  Like others, while Princess was price testing, we paid $49, $99, $149, and the $199 for this package!  Now we will pay the $249.

Safe Journeys, Paul

14 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi jwattle,

You don’t have to purchase the photo package. You can use my Brownie  Hawkeye and save the money. 😁😁

Your friend,

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

3AABCCDA-8968-43FD-9CBF-D1A7A18EC466.jpeg

That will be perfect, especially for formal nights on the Rowboat!! You and my hubby in your tuxes is a must-have photo!! 🌸

• Like 1

We have an Alaskan cruise planned for later this summer and had planned on buying the All Inclusive Photo package on board so we could use our OBC.  Just last week, we noticed that the All Inclusive option was no longer listed as an option on our cruise personalizer.  It was replaced with the 10-photo package option only.

But then when I looked at the personalizer again last night, the All Inclusive Photo package was back!  But the price had increased:  $249 purchased in advance or $299 on board.  Sigh!!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cobber76 said:

We have an Alaskan cruise planned for later this summer and had planned on buying the All Inclusive Photo package on board so we could use our OBC.  Just last week, we noticed that the All Inclusive option was no longer listed as an option on our cruise personalizer.  It was replaced with the 10-photo package option only.

But then when I looked at the personalizer again last night, the All Inclusive Photo package was back!  But the price had increased:  $249 purchased in advance or $299 on board.  Sigh!!

The price now depends on cruise length.

Here are the new All Inclusive details from Princess' website:

All-Inclusive Photo Package

Take home all the prints and digital files of your cruise starting from $199 USD. Purchase pre-cruise and save $50 USD* compared to the onboard price. 

Item #5421/#5422/#5425 - $299 Onboard for cruises 7 to 24 days ($249 Pre-Cruise)
Item #5423/#5426 - $349 for cruises 25 to 39 days ($299 Pre-Cruise)
Item #5424 - $549 for cruises 40 days and longer ($399 Pre-Cruise)

*Pre-cruise promotional offer available for a limited time only. Package is not currently offered on voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand or China. 

8 hours ago, Paula_MacFan said:

Here are the new All Inclusive details from Princess' website:

All-Inclusive Photo Package

Take home all the prints and digital files of your cruise starting from $199 USD. Purchase pre-cruise and save $50 USD* compared to the onboard price. 

Item #5421/#5422/#5425 - $299 Onboard for cruises 7 to 24 days ($249 Pre-Cruise)
Item #5423/#5426 - $349 for cruises 25 to 39 days ($299 Pre-Cruise)
Item #5424 - $549 for cruises 40 days and longer ($399 Pre-Cruise)

*Pre-cruise promotional offer available for a limited time only. Package is not currently offered on voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand or China. 

Someone missed changing the line "starting from $199USD"  and yet they start at $249. I just double checked and your screen shot is the entire offer. I guess there could be some package for cruises up to 6 days, but it is not listed.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, flutprop said:

Someone missed changing the line "starting from $199USD"  and yet they start at $249. I just double checked and your screen shot is the entire offer. I guess there could be some package for cruises up to 6 days, but it is not listed.

Ha! Good catch!  Someone commented earlier today on another thread about Princess' lack of proofreading skills.....here is another prime example.  

2 hours ago, flutprop said:

Nope! See attached small print on page 2 of the terms. Not available on cruises less than 7 days.

Hope the screenshot attaches.  If so, I really do like the new attachment ability of the new CC platform/website.  If it doesn’t successfully attach....then it’s just me...

Safe Journeys, Paul

F3AF9346-6C83-4198-ACBC-933054136827.jpeg

My husband and I were on the Diamond Princess in July 2017. We pre-bought the photo package and found it to be fantastic. Then we were planning a repeat cruise back in April, and had already bought the same package. We had to cancel that cruise at the last minute due to my health. We have booked a similar cruise for September, and the all-inclusive package doesn’t appear as an option anymore. I read online that it is not available for cruises from China, Australia or New Zealand, but ours is around Japan. Does anyone know if it will be available closer to the cruise date, or if not then, once on board?