ms Westerdam and Amsterdam in Juneau July 11, 2019

Scrapnana

It's nice to have two HAL ships in port but, unfortunately, we will only get glimpses of them because of their docks.  Westerdam will be at the CT dock from 0800-1800 and Amsterdam at the FKL dock from 1400-2300.

Also in port are Norwegian Jewel at the AJ dock from 0700-1315 and Eclipse at the AS dock from 0730-2000.

The forecast is for "considerable cloudiness with occasional showers" (60% chance of rain).  High will be 65F/18C and the low 55F/13C.  Sunrise is at 4:09 am and sunset at 9:57 pm.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at https://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/.

Next up:  Volendam on Friday.

Westie is likely to be very early - before 05:30 am  AST/09:30 am EDT. She has every Thursday - so far this season. I hope to be here and not miss her.. Amsterdam tends to be on her scheduled time. - It's just odd- schedule remembering - that is more difficult.

9 minutes ago, Happily@Sea said:

Westie is likely to be very early - before 05:30 am  AST/09:30 am EDT. She has every Thursday - so far this season. I hope to be here and not miss her.. Amsterdam tends to be on her scheduled time. - It's just odd- schedule remembering - that is more difficult.

That and Amsterdam is usually on a 14-day schedule and comes EARLY Friday.  I wonder if this 7-day cruise is a result of last week's charter.

Roy

3 minutes ago, Himself said:

It is only 6_10 AM in Slaska and the Westerdam is already docked.

The Thursday morning ships - due at 8 am - always get there before 6 am - Westie has been extra early - Noordam is closer to 6 am but still at least 2 hours early. And we always seem to have a WP on duty.

2 hours ago, Himself said:

Tracy Arm is about 3 and 1/2 hours away from docking in Juneau.

Amsterdam has just left Tracy Arm.  If it's 3 1/2 hours to Juneau I'll be on my way to my scout meeting.

Roy