Aruba and Curacao excursion ideas?

eculmone

Looking for ideas at each port. Best/worst experiences at one or/both? Shopping unfortunately will be out or limited as it's Christmas and Boxing day concurrently at each port 😞 So what beaches or experiences would you recommend? We will be in Aruba in February for another vacation staying on/at Eagle Beach area... but I've heard of Flamingo Beach? We are two young at heart seniors with two young adults. Hoping for the best of both worlds - All ideas welcome 🙂 

Mambo Beach/Sea aquarium beach in Curaçao is very nice. You can even take the local bus there. Moderate charge to go in, moderate chair and umbrella charge, sheltered beach, food and drinks available. 

We did the ABC's last year.......Aruba has a real submarine that goes out right at the ship......not cheap but holds about 40 people dives to around 170' costs about $90 bucks pp.....would not do it if claustrifobic .....in Curacou (sp) we did a nice kayak trip through the mangroves.

Aruba has the best 2-person 4 wheel ATV go-kart tour.    It starts near the hotel zone,  goes over the island in a convoy to the Atlantic Coast, then takes you along the beach to drive in the sand for a long time and then make your way back  to the hotel zone.    Its a long tour so you really get your moneys worth and it is a great way to see alot of the island.

Top that off with the finest T-bone steak on the planet at El Gaucho Argentine Steakhouse.    Make your reservation on-line in advance.

Smuggle your leftover beef onto the ship for a fine breakfast of Steak and Eggs in the a.m.

Then head back up the coast and hit the slots at the Ritz Carlton or just walk the grounds.

I'd agree with the off road drives in Aruba....but very glad I did that before I got back trouble.  I wouldn't do it if back is an issue.   Since we'd been to ABC a couple of times before, we actually took an excursion that included the ostrich farm in Curacao.   It was surprisingly interesting!