ms Volendam in Juneau July 12, 2019

Scrapnana

Volendam will be at the CT dock from 1300-2200.

Also in port are Disney Wonder at the AJ dock from 0600-1700 and Regatta at the AS dock from 1100-1800.

Considerable clouds with some rain is expected with a high of 62F/17C and a low of 54F/12C.  Sunrise is at 4:10 am and sunset at 9:55 pm.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at https://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/.

Next up:  the Signature Sisters on Monday.

Apologies for any mistakes - power is out in half the town (no internet) so I am doing this on my phone.  I am sadly lacking in phone typing skills!

5 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Volendam is obviously well below Kake pilot station.  AIS destination is "Cape Mudge".  Anybody heard of it?

Roy

Yes, Cape Mudge is Canadian territory on Quadra Island near Campbell River, east coast of Vancouver Island which is not near Kake pilot station, Alaska 

Edited by Copper10-8

Volendam passing Grand Island.  AIS is really strange today.  NOTHING seems to be working in Juneau Harbor.  When I hover mouse over Volendam's icon it still says "Destination Cape Mudge" but if I click on the icon and then vessel details AIS shows the ship going from Vancouver to Juneau.  Really strange.

Roy

Quick question Copper.  Have you seen any Beavers in recent years or have they been completely replaced by Otters.  I know I've flown both Beavers and Twin Otters but can't remember ever being on a single Otter.

Roy

1 minute ago, rafinmd said:

Quick question Copper.  Have you seen any Beavers in recent years or have they been completely replaced by Otters.  I know I've flown both Beavers and Twin Otters but can't remember ever being on a single Otter.

Roy

There are still some DHC-2 Beavers left Roy, as well as some Cessnas on floats, but the DHC-3 Turbo Otters have pretty much taken over due to their larger pax capacity

• Thanks 1

Volendam was our first cruise ship and it was a 2007 Alaskan Cruise. Fred Iverson was our Captain and he’s still with Hal.

Next time we board her will be for the January 2021 Grand South American Voyage.

Edited by aliaschief
  • Like 2