Equinox - Sunset Veranda Question

bdmagee

We are looking at booking a Sunset Veranda for a Caribbean cruise next year, and was wondering if anyone had any advice on SV cabins.  We had aqua class rooms our last two cruises, but wanted something different next.  Currently looking at one on level 7.  

Not the same ship but we had 8353 3 times on Silhouette. We absolutely loved this cabin and SV cabins in general.

Our favourite cabins by far on any cruise ship or cruise line.

If I remember rightly there are some bigger SV cabins re balcony space so check out SV views to see which ones are the largest.

Having said that, ours was one of the smaller ones  but small was beautiful !

Just be prepared not to have much shade and others can look down on you if you stand forward at the rail. That did not bother us at all.

I think they have Concierge class SV cabins on deck 9

:-)

20 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Not the same ship but we had 8353 3 times on Silhouette. We absolutely loved this cabin and SV cabins in general.

Our favourite cabins by far on any cruise ship or cruise line.

If I remember rightly there are some bigger SV cabins re balcony space so check out SV views to see which ones are the largest.

Having said that, ours was one of the smaller ones  but small was beautiful !

Just be prepared not to have much shade and others can look down on you if you stand forward at the rail. That did not bother us at all.

I think they have Concierge class SV cabins on deck 9

:-)

Thanks for the great feedback. 

We also love the aft cabins, but they can get very hot.  On more than I cruise we had to keep our balcony curtains closed from mid day to sunset because  sun  beating On the glass generated more heat than the a/c could handle.  

Just had another thought -- you will feel the ship docking in the morning -our cabin always shook. A little vibration as well but nothing major. Stunning sunsets and the sun most days. VERY quiet in that area but a bit of a walk from the lifts.

One word sums it up though for us:

Heaven

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If the one with the large balcony isn't available look at the one's that are "connecting" to the S1 cabins on the corners.  They are only connected by a private hallway separated from the main hallway by another door.  Very private and quiet.  We have stayed in the S1 suites on multiple times and rarely see the neighbors in the hall.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi - we've had SV cabins on two cruises, and we're booked into 8353 again in September!

We've also stayed in Aqua, and for my money I would go for an SV over an Aqua every time. The views are simply magnificent, and you get a 180 degree panoramic view of every sailaway. 

Being right at the back of the ship it is a longish walk from the lifts, but you need something to walk off all those lovely meals. Speaking of food, the big difference between Aqua and a regular balcony or veranda cabin is Blu, the restaurant reserved for Aqua guests. Whilst the food and surroundings in Blue are indeed pleasant, personally I would rather have the great location and views of the SV. Some of the Aqua cabins - especially those forward - are not as well placed.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with the SV cabin. 

• Like 2

Sunset Verandah is the only way to go.  We first did it on Solstice; I was in 8344, which is the one in the middle and has the extra wide balcony.  It was wonderful.

On my upcoming Equinox Caribbean cruise, 8344 was already taken so took 8351.  I believe it is a bit narrower balcony, but I prefer bed by the balcony and this one checks all my boxes.  I also switched from an IV to SV on this winter's Edge cruise.

Like NeroliGirl said, it's a bit of a walk to the back of the ship, but I appreciate the extra steps.  We also had no problem with soot, which was a question I've seen asked quite a bit.  

Enjoy!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Just had another thought -- you will feel the ship docking in the morning -our cabin always shook. A little vibration as well but nothing major. Stunning sunsets and the sun most days. VERY quiet in that area but a bit of a walk from the lifts.

One word sums it up though for us:

Heaven

We will get a slice of Heaven in a few weeks!  This is only our 2nd aft out of 20 cruises so we are looking forward to it on the Equinox.

• Like 2

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 4:23 PM, lola2013 said:

On my upcoming Equinox Caribbean cruise, 8344 was already taken so took 8351.  I believe it is a bit narrower balcony, but I prefer bed by the balcony and this one checks all my boxes.  I also switched from an IV to SV on this winter's Edge cruise.

SNAP ! We changed from an IV to an SV for this August :-)

12 minutes ago, lola2013 said:

Good move!!!  Please report back on how wonderful it is.

Oh we will -- booked in about April 2018 and changed after the reviews of IV cabin we had chosen. We have paid more and out only regret is that we did not book the SV cabin on EDGE at the very beginning :)

Same!  We originally booked one of the preview cruises for last November.  When that was cancelled, we switched to this December.  As soon as we started seeing the IV reviews, we decided to change to the SV.  There are some people who love the IV, but I am very glad we made the move to SV.

We were on Jewel of the Seas a few weeks ago...docked in Naples next to Edge.  I ran to their dock and looked longingly at my SV..."see you soon".  😉

Edited by lola2013

On 7/15/2019 at 3:28 PM, Nymich said:

Has anyone had a connecting room back there on Equinox that they thought was loud?  I did read something about that on the M class once.

Connecting cabins on Equinox don't have the typical connecting door in the wall between the rooms.  There's an extra set of doors on the outside of the cabin in a vestibule which when closed allow the inside doors to be left open providing the connection.  When the cabins are not being used as "connecting" you won't notice anything different than a regular stateroom.

• Like 1

We cruised on the Celebrity Eclipse last year from Dublin. We booked last minute and the only option available for us was a guaranteed veranda stateroom. I was convincing my wife that we should expect a completely obstructed view stateroom. Imagine our delight when we were assigned a sunset veranda on Deck 6! 

We absolutely loved the sunset veranda. Yes its a bit of a longer walk but the views were amazing. No wonder they are priced much higher than regular veranda staterooms. Here are some pictures. 

IMG_3398.jpg.9263fd452bf6728713cb6ea5f39e37bd.jpg

IMG_3400.jpg.a2ccf6544414d8d23ab2680a4bb5cd07.jpg

IMG_3407.jpg.1cf92394c339ced33280eb5420e06f64.jpg

IMG_3462.jpg.3f8dc6faed897ab09134e68a550b4630.jpg

IMG_3700.jpg.51db067dc963be24c0f5932284eef2fb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/14/2019 at 4:03 PM, NeroliGirl said:

Hi - we've had SV cabins on two cruises, and we're booked into 8353 again in September!

We've also stayed in Aqua, and for my money I would go for an SV over an Aqua every time. The views are simply magnificent, and you get a 180 degree panoramic view of every sailaway. 

Being right at the back of the ship it is a longish walk from the lifts, but you need something to walk off all those lovely meals. Speaking of food, the big difference between Aqua and a regular balcony or veranda cabin is Blu, the restaurant reserved for Aqua guests. Whilst the food and surroundings in Blue are indeed pleasant, personally I would rather have the great location and views of the SV. Some of the Aqua cabins - especially those forward - are not as well placed.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with the SV cabin. 

On 7/17/2019 at 5:17 AM, nekzaadvakil said:

We cruised on the Celebrity Eclipse last year from Dublin. We booked last minute and the only option available for us was a guaranteed veranda stateroom. I was convincing my wife that we should expect a completely obstructed view stateroom. Imagine our delight when we were assigned a sunset veranda on Deck 6! 

We absolutely loved the sunset veranda. Yes its a bit of a longer walk but the views were amazing. No wonder they are priced much higher than regular veranda staterooms. Here are some pictures. 

IMG_3398.jpg.9263fd452bf6728713cb6ea5f39e37bd.jpg

IMG_3400.jpg.a2ccf6544414d8d23ab2680a4bb5cd07.jpg

IMG_3407.jpg.1cf92394c339ced33280eb5420e06f64.jpg

IMG_3462.jpg.3f8dc6faed897ab09134e68a550b4630.jpg

IMG_3700.jpg.51db067dc963be24c0f5932284eef2fb.jpg