NCL included air

djtx2

3 hours ago, 17cruisesnsl said:

Called concerning our Jan cruise as stated in my earlier post above - plan to fly in 2 days early to hedge weather.  Was told

- flights we're seeing are placeholders 

- no options to pay extra for nonstop guarantee flight, upgrade seats or offer NCL variety of airports in NY/Phila area - their computer can only handle one.  Same response from premium air desk but told I could decline the air once ticketed and obtain my own without penalty since nothing paid 

told they no longer sell air thru NCL?????

- flights could be to Ft Lauderdale or Miami but I shouldn't worry since purchased transfers and they'd get us to any hotel and to pier   Why do I doubt that?  Experience perhaps? 

Day of sailing flights tend to be very early and non stop to ensure everyone makes embarkation.    Early in or late out flights give them more flexibility with stops 

will have my fingers crossed and watching flights as right now the costs are crazy! 

Wishing all a fabulous cruise

We fly into FLL for our Miami cruises. I have used NCL transfers both ways and the bus and service are quite good.

• Like 1

We booked our cruise today and have taken the Free air promotion.  A quick question - hopefully someone can help.

We got our NCL Confirmation and we do not see the Free Air listed anywhere.  The only thing I do see on this confirmation is under PROMO CODES at the top - it says AIRPROM2.  The only other thing on there is the Transfer fee.

Should I call NCL agent or is this normal .  Just thought it would refer to the airport chosen etc.

Thanks in advance.

You won't know your flight schedule until about 45 days prior to sailing. You cannot change, usually basic economy and very often can't get seat assignments either. You can pay the deviation fees if you want to fly in a day or two ahead.  There is a reason it is free.

Edited by motheroftwocats814

On 7/17/2019 at 8:14 AM, JillK said:

Imagine my surprise when I log into email this morning and see my "Air Confirmation" for my cruise in December.

Flights are direct, coded United but are in fact Westjet flights - one of the airlines I collect points with so that's a bonus. Times are actually good - we arrive at 4:00 pm so will be able to get settled into our hotel and have a nice pre-cruise evening in the city. Our departure time is a little late at 6:00 pm so since I have a lot of lead time, I may call and see if we can get switched to an earlier flight as there is another one at the same price that leaves mid-afternoon (no doubt my parents will be happy to be relieved of watching my four kids sooner rather than later!) That being said, if no change is able to be made, I am happy.

To OP - to book these exact flights today would cost me $1,041.44 (cdn) so that is my savings. You should look at flights and see how much you will save and whether you can live with giving up control of your flight bookings and the uncertainty. If you don't feel comfortable not being able to chose your flights, then it may be worth the expense of booking your own flights.

Regardless of how you get there - happy cruising! 

JillK,  a quick question for you.  when you first booked your cruise did you see your Air Perk anywhere on your confirmation or summary .  I don't see it anywhere - Not even on the Amenities Confirmation.  Should I contact them?  thank you

1 hour ago, teach/2/cruise said:

JillK,  a quick question for you.  when you first booked your cruise did you see your Air Perk anywhere on your confirmation or summary .  I don't see it anywhere - Not even on the Amenities Confirmation.  Should I contact them?  thank you

Hi, I'm not JillK but I've just booked a cruise with air as well.  

Upper right of my Cruise Invoice: 

PROMO CODES: AIRPROM2
ALL4FW
EASYFARE
LATITUDE
LATREW*
LATVIP

Also included on the invoice is the outline of the Air promo, the flight depart. airport, the 1stop,  the transfer to the pier is listed as well.  All of the return air info is there as well.  

No ticket/flight information is included but it's clear the promo has been included. 

23 hours ago, teach/2/cruise said:

We booked our cruise today and have taken the Free air promotion.  A quick question - hopefully someone can help.

We got our NCL Confirmation and we do not see the Free Air listed anywhere.  The only thing I do see on this confirmation is under PROMO CODES at the top - it says AIRPROM2.  The only other thing on there is the Transfer fee.

Should I call NCL agent or is this normal .  Just thought it would refer to the airport chosen etc.

Thanks in advance.

Those are the codes 

1 hour ago, teach/2/cruise said:

Because I didn’t book directly with NCL I do not have a view to the promo codes all ready 2 cruise posted above.

What I can see however is the flight dates and cities (ie July 30 Toronto - New York) listed under the “air” tab on the vacation summary page in my ncl.com profile. Apparently once I get into my e-docs, the flights will be listed there as well but I haven’t gone into those yet.

If you don’t see your air listed, it may be worth a call to NCL. Several people here have reported perks dropping off their reservations when NCL did a systems upgrade about a month ago.

We have another cruise booked with the fee air promo in 2021 where the flights were listed as above but are no longer showing. I intend to contact my travel agent and have them deal with re-instating that perk on my behalf. 

Hope this helps!

When we booked our cruise with Air, looked at itinerary, has flight from PDX to LAX listed on day before cruise, as we pd for coming in a day early, as did the deviation fee show under Booking Components for Guests. on first page of confirmation.  We booked directly with NCL.  On upper right side of confirmation, PROMO  code listed asAIRPROM2.  Look at your itinerary, hopefully you will see  flight from your destination, nothing more about it will be there.

For those who have paid the $25 deviation fee to fly in early or fly out late: how far from your sailing date did you make the arrangements? NCL terms make no mention of a deadline that I could find, but I assume it has to be prior to ticketing. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Thanks for everyone sharing. I had been considering this for a Miami cruise and valuing the benefit at normal Southwest/ Main Economy value, but had not considered that NCL is also booking the barebones economy with no baggage included.   Also, I didn't realize we could decline the transfer service ($32 each, about the same as an Uber with no wait), so perhaps a net wash against the baggage fees.

Edited by pghflyer

We included the air. It is three of us so I paid $299 for the third person. BUT make sure you book the cabin you want as many have said on this site. I am new to NCL. Currently, the air promo is no longer offered on my cruise. We decided we wanted to upgrade to the Haven but if we did, we would lose the air promotion and have to pay $349pp for air for the first two people and additional $50 for third passenger that I already paid $299 plus the cost of upgrade from a mini-suite to the Haven.  Needless to say my conversation with NCL last night and this morning wasn't very pleasant. Many lessons learned today.

On 7/14/2019 at 2:07 PM, djtx2 said:

We are going on NCL Escape 9/29/19 out of New York.  Has anyone used this "free air"?  How does it work?  A little nervous!  When do we get notification of the air plan?

HELP!!!

Hi Djtx2!

I'm on the Bliss on 9/22 with the included air and we got the email with our flights yesterday, exactly 60 days til the cruise. We got direct flights San Diego to Seattle, 6:15am on the way there (which I expected) and 7:55pm on the way back (which means we get to see a bit of Seattle, so we're happy). I was also anxious to get our flights, so hopefully this helps you!

On 7/19/2019 at 9:10 PM, Nola26 said:

We fly into FLL for our Miami cruises. I have used NCL transfers both ways and the bus and service are quite good.

Thanks for sharing that experience. It makes me feel better about using their shuttle because I can't remember ever having a good experience with cruise line buses.  Maybe they were never NCL.

On 7/25/2019 at 8:48 AM, rocky1 said:

For those who have paid the $25 deviation fee to fly in early or fly out late: how far from your sailing date did you make the arrangements? NCL terms make no mention of a deadline that I could find, but I assume it has to be prior to ticketing. Thanks for sharing your experience!

Maybe I'm the only one dumb enough to take the free/reduced air perk when booking after final payment date. It took my TA most of a day and eight NCL reps to add arrival 2 days prior to sailing and remove the cost of transfers from my reservation. In the end It worked out - I hope - no flight details yet.

On 7/25/2019 at 4:34 PM, LivLove2Cruise said:

We included the air. It is three of us so I paid $299 for the third person. BUT make sure you book the cabin you want as many have said on this site. I am new to NCL. Currently, the air promo is no longer offered on my cruise. We decided we wanted to upgrade to the Haven but if we did, we would lose the air promotion and have to pay $349pp for air for the first two people and additional $50 for third passenger that I already paid $299 plus the cost of upgrade from a mini-suite to the Haven.  Needless to say my conversation with NCL last night and this morning wasn't very pleasant. Many lessons learned today.

If you upgrade via the bid process you retain your current perks. Just wait for the invitation and offer what you are willing to pay. 

13 hours ago, motheroftwocats814 said:

You don't get your air schedule until about 30-45 days out. They try to do non-stops but that isn't always the case. And very often they are basic economy fares. I wouldn't do it, even for free.

We got nonstop Newark to Barcelona rt for a $399 upcharge. Even with one connection I would do it again.