Just boarded Grand. Dressing gown question answered and other observations!

ian441672

Your doing a great job of keeping your chin up Ian.  I have a lot of admiration of your attitude.

There must be something about AK cruises.  We were on the San Francisco-Alaska R/T on the Grand Princess in September 2017, and on the second sea day an injured crewman had to be evacuated by helicopter.  We were diverted for a few hours, but were able to make up time, and it did not affect our itinerary schedule.

On one of the sea days towards the end of the cruise, the Captain (Diego Perra) did give a very interesting presentation.

Here is hoping that the rest of your cruise is nothing but great.

2 hours ago, XBGuy said:

Your doing a great job of keeping your chin up Ian.  I have a lot of admiration of your attitude.

There must be something about AK cruises.  We were on the San Francisco-Alaska R/T on the Grand Princess in September 2017, and on the second sea day an injured crewman had to be evacuated by helicopter.  We were diverted for a few hours, but were able to make up time, and it did not affect our itinerary schedule.

On one of the sea days towards the end of the cruise, the Captain (Diego Perra) did give a very interesting presentation.

Here is hoping that the rest of your cruise is nothing but great.

Thanks. Just been to the room and they are putting roof on making it ‘whole’ again and they said hopefully we will be in there tonight. It needs a deep clean that’s for sure, it’s like an active building site and they had to create a bespoke new pipe in their workshop to complete the job. It’s taken 2 and a bit days but then end is in sight. Hopefully. 

We we have made a detour to Tracy Arm so it would be nice to do the scenic cruise bit from our 180 degree aft balcony rather than side on. Looking forward to land tomorrow Skagway tomorrow and getting of the ship!

Spa treatments were good as was meal last night, plus $300 OBC. I’m not sure how and when to bring up the overall compensation but hopefully that is something they will address. 

I found myself wondering the corridors and floors yesterday at midnight to my old room as I forgot contact lenses stuff. It’s still a nuisance as we haven’t packed everything across and we are not sure what we need and not. Needless to say it’s not all easy and we are forgetting stuff and ferrying bits, especially as formal night last night. Can’t wait to settle down in room and attack the mini bar. That champagne is still there (I hope) and will need addressing, hopefully on the next scenic cruising day. 

Only seen Giovanni one bearing in mind all that has gone one, but hopefully with routine setting in soon, we will be there every night to get to know them and say hi. 

Nearly at Tracy Arm now so gonna settle in, look forward to the call at some point saying our room is ready with some discussion around redress. 

Thanks again everyone for your comments and wishes. 

Ian. 

11 minutes ago, ian441672 said:

Spa treatments were good as was meal last night, plus $300 OBC. I’m not sure how and when to bring up the overall compensation but hopefully that is something they will address. 

they already have ...

16 hours ago, LARGIN said:

Did you get to meet waiters Royston and Edgar & Head Waiter Giovanni in Club Class?

As wonderful as these people may be, meeting waiters and head waiters would not be high on my to do list if I were being moved at three in the morning due to water seeping into my suite or cabin.  Sounds as though the OP has had his hands full getting through the first couple of days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tracy Arm stunning and a nice substitute for Juneau although I missed the port and glacier. I think I preferred Tracy Arm to Glacier bay, and we have that tomorrow. Amazing and tranquil, awe inspiring. 

Another night in caribe but they they are confident that when we get back from Skagway tour we can return to our room. Yayyy. Hope so anyway as we have booked a balcony tea! And our champagne!

They are open to further compensation and that will be a conversation for later, I was so disappointed after working myself up for last night in our room, now tonight all being well. 

Hopefully things calm down now and my posts will slow down! When I get home I’ll post a couple of photos just if anyone was interested. Alaskan internet isn’t great!

Thanks.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ian441672 said:

Tracy Arm stunning and a nice substitute for Juneau although I missed the port and glacier. I think I preferred Tracy Arm to Glacier bay, and we have that tomorrow. Amazing and tranquil, awe inspiring. 

Another night in caribe but they they are confident that when we get back from Skagway tour we can return to our room. Yayyy. Hope so anyway as we have booked a balcony tea! And our champagne!

They are open to further compensation and that will be a conversation for later, I was so disappointed after working myself up for last night in our room, now tonight all being well. 

Hopefully things calm down now and my posts will slow down! When I get home I’ll post a couple of photos just if anyone was interested. Alaskan internet isn’t great!

Thanks.  

Enjoy your afternoon tea and champagne on the balcony!!!! I'm happy to hear that you will finally back into your cabin so you can enjoy it too full extent.