Last minute questions (Epic)

phoenix1975

I'm off on holiday next week to pick up Epic in Civitavecchia on 31st July. Some last minute questions:

1. As a UK passenger - is it just my passport and my ticket I need to board Epic?

2. I'm in a Studio cabin - what type of power sockets are there so I can make sure I have the correct adapters with me?

3. What do people use to carry their cruise card - do you get given anything or just put it in your pocket?

4. I see I need to print my luggage tags. Is it best to print these on card, and if I can't get them stapled in the hotel on the morning, is it possible to staple these at the terminal?

5. Anything else as a UK passenger / on Epic, that I need to remember to bring?

Thanks 🙂

3 minutes ago, phoenix1975 said:

3. What do people use to carry their cruise card - do you get given anything or just put it in your pocket?

Here in the US, most passengers traditionally put their cruise card in a lanyard of which they wear around their neck throughout the cruise.

15 minutes ago, phoenix1975 said:

I'm off on holiday next week to pick up Epic in Civitavecchia on 31st July. Some last minute questions:

1. As a UK passenger - is it just my passport and my ticket I need to board Epic?

2. I'm in a Studio cabin - what type of power sockets are there so I can make sure I have the correct adapters with me?

4. I see I need to print my luggage tags. Is it best to print these on card, and if I can't get them stapled in the hotel on the morning, is it possible to staple these at the terminal?

5. Anything else as a UK passenger / on Epic, that I need to remember to bring?

Thanks 🙂

Boarding the Epic in Barcelona on the 28th!  🙂

1- Yes, your passport and printed boarding pass are what you need.  Have the credit card you are using for onboard purchase too in case they need to scan that.

2 - All Norwegian ships are equipped with North American standard, 110 volts AC and standard European 220/230 volts AC outlets.

3 - I use a lanyard.  They will not give you anything but they can be purchased on the ship.

4 - Just print your luggage tags on regular paper.  I am sure your hotel will help you with the stapler, or the porters at the pier should have something to attach them for you as well.  I use clear luggage tag holders that I ordered online a while ago, can't remember where.

5 - There is a thread here about "things you wish you had brought on a cruise"...take a look at that for any ideas of things that may be useful to you.

Looking forward to a fabulous cruise for all of us!  😄  

• Like 1

I never wear a lanyard ....  I have pockets

Enjoy the studio!!  Make sure to avail yoruself of the free coffee from the fancy coffee machine, and snacks for breakfast and tea time.   If you want to dine with others make sure you attend the solo cruisers gathering when they meet. 

Don't store your cabin key next to your cell phone it will deactivate it!

more importantly, enjoy the ship!

H2O is a great place for sail away so grab a seat early, it is also a great place on sea days to avoid kids!

Have fun!

I have printed my luggage tags out and protected them with sellotape.  The staff do have labels if you forget.  

You need a credit/debit card - or a few hundred dollars cash to settle your onboard account. 

I use a lanyard if I am onboard and think that I might lose my card!  If you put it near to your phone it can demagnetise which means going back to guest services!!

You need some adaptors for plugs - there are European and US plugs only.  

Also:

Don't forget to take swimwear in your carryon  - you might want to enjoy the sunshine before your bags are delivered to your room.    You can swim in Cannes, Palma, Barcelona and from Naples so don't forget to have a bikini and small towel with you at the ports.  It is surprising how many people forget that they are going to a beach destination.  

If it is your first cruise you may not know that you can eat as soon as you board.  We did not know and stopped for lunch before getting on the ship!!

The other thing .........   Have a great time.  I love the Epic.  

When we sailed Epic last May from Rome we put strips of packing tape on the inside of our luggage. After leaving our hotel in Rome, we used the tape to seal the tags onto the bag.

Room key card was always in our wallet. I have a mini wallet/ID holder that fits into my camera bag or pocket easily that I never lose touch of. Don't wear the lanyard and scream out "I'm a tourist, mug me!"