Guarantee

We have never sailed Regent before and we are booked in a guarantee (which I understand cruiseline reserves the right to choose cabin etc up to day of sailing) which we were okay with that as the ship (Explorer 8/30/19)  had a lot of inventory (booked in early May) - now the entire sailing is waitlisted and am concerned as to what Regent's policy is in this regard - anyone been in a similar situation?  Thank you for your help.

If you have booked a Guarantee then you will be allocated a suite in the grade you booked or higher.

No need to worry that your cruise is now waitlisted throughout, you will still be given a suite, but you may not know which one until nearer your cruise date. It could be as late as when you check in for boarding.

Have fabulous cruise. Hope you enjoy the Regent experience.

Explorer is a fine ship and you have chosen a very interesting itinerary.

Edited by flossie009

We will see you on board at Stockholm on August 30th.  This will start our latest BTB on Explorer.   

When you have the opportunity, (hopefully) sign-up for the Meet & Greet and/or Meet & Mingle for this segment.

GOARMY!

Thank you all for taking your time and sharing your experience.  I was just really concerned that we did not have an assigned cabin and if the ship ends up being oversold we would be the first to be bumped (although I do not think they do that if we are not willing) but did have friends last year on a sailing (not Regent) and it happened to one of their friends - just do not want to be in that position but at this time - just wait and be patient - thank you again- appreciate all your help.

• 2 weeks later...

@Cruiser Nonna,

An update for you, with our most recent experience of a GTY booking.

For the Navigator cruise that we are on now we booked a G grade guarantee.

Six days prior to sailing we were allocated an F grade suite in a good location 😀

Hope you are allocated a good suite on Explorer and have a fabulous cruise 😎

Just a note to the previous post.  It is a risk to book a GTY own Navigator (or Voyager) as it is possible to get an aft suite.  Aft suites are kind of like the old beds in motels where you put in a quarter and the bed vibrates.  Many people cannot tolerate these suites.

On Explorer or Mariner, this is not an issue.

Just now, Travelcat2 said:

Just a note to the previous post.  It is a risk to book a GTY on Navigator (or Voyager) as it is possible to get an aft suite.  Aft suites are kind of like the old beds in motels where you put in a quarter and the bed vibrates.  Many people cannot tolerate these suites.

14 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

Just a note to the previous post.  It is a risk to book a GTY own Navigator (or Voyager) as it is possible to get an aft suite.  Aft suites are kind of like the old beds in motels where you put in a quarter and the bed vibrates.  Many people cannot tolerate these suites.

On the other hand, on Mariner you run the risk of getting one of the dreaded shower/tub combos. I don’t know if vibration would bother us but I’m pretty sure I would not like those showers. 

We had good luck with our guarantee cabin also. I’ll say this... up until a few days before sailing Regent tried to upsell us the same cabin we were assigned. Stick to your guns, don’t worry. 

Also, there are always choices how one spends their income. Not everyone obviously has the same disposable income. Don’t base your decisions on others priorities. 

4 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

Many people cannot tolerate these suites.

........... and many do not have an issue with them.

All immaterial though since the OP has booked a GTY on Seven Seas Explorer.

4 hours ago, jeb_bud said:

On the other hand, on Mariner you run the risk of getting one of the dreaded shower/tub combos. I don’t know if vibration would bother us but I’m pretty sure I would not like those showers. 

Good point and good reason not to book GTY on Mariner. 

1 hour ago, flossie009 said:

........... and many do not have an issue with them.

All immaterial though since the OP has booked a GTY on Seven Seas Explorer.

it seems from reading CC that most people do have a problem with aft Navigator suites (and some people have issues with their drinks dancing around the table in La Veranda) on Navigator.

Since  this thread has morphed into including other Regent ships [a related topic) isn’t it important that people new to Regent be advised of these issues?

i know that the TS* is going on Explorer and there are suites I would avoid on that ship as well (under the pool deck, under the Culinary Kitchen or under lounges and dining venues.). The more that I think about it, there is a risk to booking a GTY on any ship. While many people have good experiences, some do not.  Even with an up sell, you can end up under the noisy pool deck.  This happened to us on our second Regent cruise in 2006.  

*The designation for the poster starting a thread was changed by CC to Thread Starter (TS) from Original Poster (OP) about a year ago.  Just want to clear up why some of us the new designation and others chose to use the old one. Personally, I prefer TS since that is what CC puts next to the name of the poster as a reminder as to who began the thread. 

I wish they'd stayed with "OP", it's what everybody is used to.  Nobody really wants to switch to TS, surely.  Iwill continue to use OP.

Nice to know that a GTY on Explorer won't end up awry.  We took a GTY on Mariner, despite the risk of the bathtub, which we thought we could handle, although we made sure our TA knew that we had a strong preference for a shower.  We ended up in the accessible suite, which wasn't bad at all, great location, a bit roomier because no walk-in closet, andof course a walk-in shower.

9 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

The designation for the poster starting a thread was changed by CC to Thread Starter (TS) from Original Poster (OP) about a year ago.  Just want to clear up why some of us the new designation and others chose to use the old one. Personally, I prefer TS since that is what CC puts next to the name of the poster as a reminder as to who began the thread.

Thank you for your advice.

However, I think you will find that CC has “Topics” now rather than “Threads”.

I will continue to stick with the more widely accepted terms. I think most will understand the references without much difficulty.

9 hours ago, flossie009 said:

Thank you for your advice.

However, I think you will find that CC has “Topics” now rather than “Threads”.

I will continue to stick with the more widely accepted terms. I think most will understand the references without much difficulty.

People new to CC/Regent will have no clue what you are referring to but oldies will.  My target is newbies (always has been) so I want to be as understandable as possible.

On 7/27/2019 at 1:13 PM, jeb_bud said:

Especially if you are short, fat and over 50! 🙂