Premium Beverage Package (PBP) on 3 day cruise ?

voljeep

Not showing as available in pesonalizer on our little 3 day SKY cruise in December

Just wondering if it is still available for other 3 day cruises - or able to purchase once onboard

Terms still state not available for 2 days or less (US) , different for Australia (isn't everything?)

4 minutes ago, satxdiver said:

The PBP is not available on short cruises like the 3 day cruise you are sailing.  Those cruises are known as booze cruises and I could imagine how the PBP would be hit.  😮 

have you specifically been on a Princess 3 day cruise ???

It's Princess, not Barnival Cruise Line

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CineGraphic said:

I believe that the liquor packages, are inventory controlled, meaning they can only sell so many per sailing.

well, this particular cruise is already a peculiar duck as it is ... 1st cruise for SKY in US ... and no cruise showing for the 3 days prior - ( maybe inspections, "special people" )

been showing as "SOLD OUT" from almost the beginning - and yes, I know what sold out really could mean

just hoping someone from the west coast will post that has actually been on a recent 3 day and can post with authority ( yeah, what happens on one cruise doesn't mean squat about others )

anyway ... just Friday wondering ...

1 hour ago, satxdiver said:

The PBP is not available on short cruises like the 3 day cruise you are sailing.  Those cruises are known as booze cruises and I could imagine how the PBP would be hit.  😮 

The terms of the package list this restriction:

The package is NOT available for voyages under seven nights for Australian-based itineraries, or voyages two nights or under for all other itineraries.

Sounds like it should be available for your 3 day voyage.

Odd side note:

Even though it's listed as NOT available for voyages under seven nights for Australian-based itineraries we booked a B2B2B (6 days, 13 days, and 14 days) out of Melbourne for fall 2020 through the 3 Day Sale (the one by a TA that happens right before the Sip and Sail) and my personalizer clearly shows the PBP as paid for on all three segments - even though the first segment is only 6 days. Princess did not list that cruise as eligible for the Sip and Sail promo.

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

have you specifically been on a Princess 3 day cruise ???

It's Princess, not Barnival Cruise Line

Actually yes and 4 days as well.  While it may not measure up to a CCL short cruise, there is considerably more drinking involved.  Before you ask, I do also imbibe but not to excess or anywhere near it these days. 

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

Odd side note:

Even though it's listed as NOT available for voyages under seven nights for Australian-based itineraries we booked a B2B2B (6 days, 13 days, and 14 days) out of Melbourne for fall 2020 through the 3 Day Sale (the one by a TA that happens right before the Sip and Sail) and my personalizer clearly shows the PBP as paid for on all three segments - even though the first segment is only 6 days. Princess did not list that cruise as eligible for the Sip and Sail promo.

You assume that Princess both reads their own policies and adheres to the them.  We all know that not to be true.  

4 minutes ago, satxdiver said:

Actually yes and 4 days as well.  While it may not measure up to a CCL short cruise, there is considerably more drinking involved.  Before you ask, I do also imbibe but not to excess or anywhere near it these days. 

was it available on the 3 day cruise on Princess ? ... How about the  4 day?

and how recent were the cruise(s)

Edited by voljeep

I'm on a 3 day in September on Royal. Prior to the new drink packages, the package was available and I had it in my cart (not paid for). After the new drink packages, I went into the cart to pay for it and it said not available. It then disappeared from the personalizer. I emailed customer relations (never heard back directly) about it, and sent them the wording from the policy. Last week I went into personalizer and the package is there! I also have it showing on a 3 day cruise I have booked for August 2020....

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Thrak said:

Odd side note:

Interesting. We booked a back to back for March 2021 from Melbourne. We got the 3 day sale with free gratuities, OBC, and drink package ( Canadian promotions I think come at different times than US.) and we were only able to get it for the 7 day cruise, not the 5 day cruise. 

On ‎7‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 4:27 PM, ceilidh1 said:

I'm on a 3 day in September on Royal. Prior to the new drink packages, the package was available and I had it in my cart (not paid for). After the new drink packages, I went into the cart to pay for it and it said not available. It then disappeared from the personalizer. I emailed customer relations (never heard back directly) about it, and sent them the wording from the policy. Last week I went into personalizer and the package is there! I also have it showing on a 3 day cruise I have booked for August 2020....

email just now from my newly assigned PVP ... and it is NOT showing in our personalizer for a 3 day

in December 2019

The Premier Beverage Package is only available to purchase pre cruise on voyages that are four days or longer.

The package is NOT available for voyages under seven nights for Australian-based itineraries, or voyages two nights or under for all other itineraries.

Hmmm ... "pre cruise" - well, if we don't know prior to boarding, we will be bringing our own "PBP" ...

1 minute ago, voljeep said:

email just now from my newly assigned PVP ... and it is NOT showing in our personalizer for a 3 day

in December 2019

The Premier Beverage Package is only available to purchase pre cruise on voyages that are four days or longer.

Hmmm ... "pre cruise" - well, if we don't know prior to boarding, we will be bringing our own "PBP" ...

I just purchased last week for my 3 day on Royal Princess Sept 14th...

Yet another of Princess' consistent inconsistencies!

3 minutes ago, voljeep said:

in December 2019

I just checked for the 3 day on Golden in August 2020 and it's available there, too!

48 minutes ago, voljeep said:

in December 2019

I would definitely point out the actual terms listed to your PVP.

34 minutes ago, voljeep said:

I did ... haven't heard back ... don't really expect to

Try an email to the customer relations address. As I mentioned, I never got a response but it was shortly after sending that the package suddenly appeared back in my personalizer. Might just have been coincidence, but worth a shot?

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Try an email to the customer relations address. As I mentioned, I never got a response but it was shortly after sending that the package suddenly appeared back in my personalizer. Might just have been coincidence, but worth a shot?

guess I'll have to ... my PVP 'fired' me for questioning her availability on weekends !.:classic_ohmy:..:classic_laugh:

Our website doesn’t always have the most update information, but I have confirmed these terms and conditions based on your inquiry. 

Also, the terms and conditions for Australia based cruises has changed to be available to pre purchase the PBP. 

There’s no direct number for the inventory department so they can flag your booking or member account, because this is an internal department that will reach out to our guests as need be for voyages. 

Since you are not incline to await my response or my service during my available work hours, then you are welcome to contact 800-princess at any time for immediate assistance. 

I will withdraw my complimentary services as your cruise planner as I have other guest that are awaiting a response from me directly. Thank you for your business and we appreciate your loyalty to Princess Cruises.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

guess I'll have to ... my PVP 'fired' me for questioning her availability on weekends !.:classic_ohmy:..:classic_laugh:

Our website doesn’t always have the most update information, but I have confirmed these terms and conditions based on your inquiry. 

Also, the terms and conditions for Australia based cruises has changed to be available to pre purchase the PBP. 

There’s no direct number for the inventory department so they can flag your booking or member account, because this is an internal department that will reach out to our guests as need be for voyages. 

Since you are not incline to await my response or my service during my available work hours, then you are welcome to contact 800-princess at any time for immediate assistance. 

I will withdraw my complimentary services as your cruise planner as I have other guest that are awaiting a response from me directly. Thank you for your business and we appreciate your loyalty to Princess Cruises.

Prolly follows you on CC.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, voljeep said:

Wow!

Edited by CATGUY7
Emoji removal