Set Sail Pass unavailable-even to RCCL. ????

We leave on Freedom in 2 weeks. There are 6 of us booked in two suites, there are 3 reservation numbers. Online check in is complete for one suite ; the second suite - not so much.

For 10 days we have been unable to complete check in online- and RCL cannot access the reservation either. I have spent hours on the phone trying to simply check in'; I also need to update my son's passport number. i have done  trouble shooting with 4 different reps and been told by 3 supervisors that several 'tickets" to fix the account have een issued. The rep today finally gave up ; told me that RCL was probably not going to address it and that no "tickets" exist.

How big of a bummer is this going to be on embarkation day? The last person I spoke to at RCL said it will take 30 minutes or longer for the 3 of us who are undocumented to sign in. 

Is this anything to worry about?( In the far recesses of my mind i see them "Royal Upping" someone else to our 2br GS and leaving half of us at the pier. )

Thank you in advance

Edited by forgotmyCCname

25 minutes ago, forgotmyCCname said:

We leave on Freedom in 2 weeks. There are 6 of us booked in two suites, there are 3 reservation numbers.  ... The last person I spoke to at RCL said it will take 30 minutes or longer for the 3 of us who are undocumented to sign in. ...

It will take a few minutes for the security people to look up names on the manifest, but I think the delay will be much less than 30 minutes.

1 hour ago, twangster said:

I never encountered this but if I did I would gladly hand this mess over to my travel agent to resolve.  

Last time we used a TA they cancelled our cruise instead of making the  final payment. Had to duke it out myself.

This was years ago; I enjoy making our own bookings. 

25 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

This complaint is becoming very common.  

You would think with schools out for the summer, that RC would have hired some middle schoolers to fix the website.

Lol they would probably do a better job.

After the $18 DP bloomer you would think more attention to the IT systems would be prioritised.

• Like 1

They need help --- badly. I cancelled a beverage package 3 days ago and bought a new one at a lower price. The cruise was paid in full in June but they sent an invoice yesterday asking me to pony up the exact cost of the cancelled beverage package. I get on the phone today with them and after being on hold an eternity, they said there was a glitch and they refunded too much and I should pay the invoice. Not true. My fare was paid in full and should have nothing to do with beverage packages which I paid for both. Then a new invoice comes by email where they've now added 2 vacation protection plans for 118$ total so they want me to pay even more. Sigh. I made one cancellation to get a lower price and now have a bigger headache. 

ETA, sorry about your checkin woes to the OP. 

Edited by mk907

I have had to go to port before without a set sail pass because of very late booking and there was no problem.  They looked up my name on a manifest and the rest took almost the same amount of time as normal.  Hope your experience turns out the same.

Edited by lizk17
typo

2 hours ago, forgotmyCCname said:

Is this anything to worry about?( In the far recesses of my mind i see them "Royal Upping" someone else to our 2br GS and leaving half of us at the pier. )

I’m sure this is highly unlikely, but given Royal’s IT, I would have the same worries until I had a seapass card in my hand. 

Fortunately my mom has a separate res # as she at first wanted her own stateroom. She then decided to stay in the 2 BR and when RCL moved her they kept her original reservation #. She has the single official Seapass for this suite- so at least one person has credentials!!

40 minutes ago, danv3 said:

I’m sure this is highly unlikely, but given Royal’s IT, I would have the same worries until I had a seapass card in my hand. 

One of my first cruises I took, I thought I would print them the night before we went. I wasn't able to and had to do it at them port. Getting through security took a little bit. Was giving them the wrong cabin number. Who know a 4 not a 5 was that big of a deal 🙂 There was 4 reservation. Only took 10 mins. for all of us at the counter. The agent was real nice also. Happy Sailing!!!!

On 7/20/2019 at 5:15 PM, BlueSkySailing said:

One of my first cruises I took, I thought I would print them the night before we went. I wasn't able to and had to do it at them port. Getting through security took a little bit. Was giving them the wrong cabin number. Who know a 4 not a 5 was that big of a deal 🙂 There was 4 reservation. Only took 10 mins. for all of us at the counter. The agent was real nice also. Happy Sailing!!!!

Thank you!!

5 hours ago, Heymarco said:

The set sail does nothing except saves the agent at the pier the time to type info in. Nothing to worry about at all. Since you are booked in suite, you should be put in shortest lines anyways and be able to board the ship first. Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks!