Reflection sells shampoo in shops?

luvcdays

Does anyone know if they sell shampoo in the sundries shop on board and if so, what brand ?  

Not wanting to haul shampoo to Europe  (Everyone is complaining about the one Celebrity supplies).

No guesses or opinions please...

Thank you.

Edited by luvcdays

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

I have never seen shampoo in the “sundries” on board shop.   But the inventory varies wildly from one cruise to the next. You may find it, you may not.  I would bring my own, in small bottles.

I can't remember if I had seen it also, but my DH said "Ask CC, they will know and will probably even have pictures!".

I will probably take small bottles or packets.

Thank you!

44 minutes ago, mom says said:

You can buy shampoo in Europe, and frequently the same brands as at home. Assuming you aren't flying in the day of embarkation with no time to spare, just pick some up before you board.

We are flying into Amsterdam a couple of days early, but not sure I want to spend time searching.  I typically use Suave and am not that picky, but cruisers on this board are saying how bad the one supplied is  😲

Thank you for replying...

13 minutes ago, luvcdays said:

That sounds expensive.   Thanks for the idea though.

It would be super expensive.  Reading that you will be in Amsterdam, you can go into any drugstore(I did the same thing before a cruise a few years ago) and pick up shampoo there.  I can't promise they have Suave but they did have many brands that I was familiar with.  I am also now afraid to use the on board shampoo, which I have often done.  Someone posted that the shampoo was the same as body wash...Nope.  I don't like the big bottles that are now on board.  I'm not sure if the refillable bottles are only on the ships that have gone thru return or all of them.  

14 minutes ago, jj6961 said:

It would be super expensive.  Reading that you will be in Amsterdam, you can go into any drugstore(I did the same thing before a cruise a few years ago) and pick up shampoo there.  I can't promise they have Suave but they did have many brands that I was familiar with.  I am also now afraid to use the on board shampoo, which I have often done.  Someone posted that the shampoo was the same as body wash...Nope.  I don't like the big bottles that are now on board.  I'm not sure if the refillable bottles are only on the ships that have gone thru return or all of them.  

Thanks for the info on Amsterdam.   I really appreciate your help.

5 hours ago, luvcdays said:

We are flying into Amsterdam a couple of days early, but not sure I want to spend time searching.  I typically use Suave and am not that picky, but cruisers on this board are saying how bad the one supplied is  😲

5 hours ago, jj6961 said:

I don't think Suave is a common brand in The Netherlands, however there's a good assorted drug store at the exit level of Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (Plaza, after Arrivals). The shops name is Etos and is a chain, you will also see them around in the city.

https://www.schiphol.nl/en/at-schiphol/shop/etos

298 hits on the Dutch Etos website under shampoo; https://www.etos.nl/search/?lang=nl_NL&q=shampoo, to give you an impression of which brands they sell.:classic_smile:

edit: Suave seems to be only sold through foreign import websites here, you could consider ordering it at say Amazon with a delivery to your Amsterdam hotel address under future guest/date?

Edited by FreestyleNovice
  • Like 1

They have more articles in sundry shop than what is displayed.  I could not find toothpaste and suncream in Silhouette in shop on 4th floor.  When I asked if they no longer sold various sundries; the salesperson opened a large cupboard in the backpart and voila there were all the missing items !  And prices are very reasonable - at least for us - but might be cheaper in USA !

Edited by Michidoeme
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, FreestyleNovice said:

I don't think Suave is a common brand in The Netherlands, however there's a good assorted drug store at the exit level of Amsterdam Airport Schiphol (Plaza, after Arrivals). The shops name is Etos and is a chain, you will also see them around in the city.

https://www.schiphol.nl/en/at-schiphol/shop/etos

298 hits on the Dutch Etos website under shampoo; https://www.etos.nl/search/?lang=nl_NL&q=shampoo, to give you an impression of which brands they sell.:classic_smile:

edit: Suave seems to be only sold through foreign import websites here, you could consider ordering it at say Amazon with a delivery to your Amsterdam hotel address under future guest/date?

Wow!  This info is really helpful.  Thank you

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Michidoeme said:

They have more articles in sundry shop than what is displayed.  I could not find toothpaste and suncream in Silhouette in shop on 4th floor.  When I asked if they no longer sold various sundries; the salesperson opened a large cupboard in the backpart and voila there were all the missing items !  And prices are very reasonable - at least for us - but might be cheaper in USA !

That is crazy!  Why wouldn't they put it out to sell??

3 minutes ago, Alakegirl said:

But if you buy shampoo in Europe won’t you just have to pack it in your luggage to haul home? Better to just take small amounts with you

Yep, that's what I am going to do...

I bring my own toiletries. You cannot assume that you will like the products on a cruise or in a hotel. If I like the toiletries, it’s good. If not, I have my own stuff to use.  If you have long hair, you might want to bring a hair dryer.  The ship dryers have a safety button that you have to hold in while drying your hair. It is very uncomfortable to hold....and the hair dryers on the cruise ship are weak. As a result, you will see many women with wet hair. 

2 hours ago, Alakegirl said:

But if you buy shampoo in Europe won’t you just have to pack it in your luggage to haul home? Better to just take small amounts with you

If you buy the cheapest house brand you can find at a grocery or drugstore in Europe (or elsewhere), it will be infinitely better than what is in the little blue celebrity bottles.....don't even bother to bring it home....just toss whatever is left when you leave the ship.  I left my $2 bottle on the ship...and after using the celebrity stuff, I thought the $2 bottle was liquid gold 🙂

16 hours ago, luvcdays said:

I use Suave as well. I usually take 2 3oz bottles of shampoo and 2 3oz bottles of conditioner at a total cost of $5-6 and leave whatever I don't use.  The products Celebrity "gives" you know are only good for throwing in the trash.

1 hour ago, Loracpin2 said:

I use Suave as well. I usually take 2 3oz bottles of shampoo and 2 3oz bottles of conditioner at a total cost of $5-6 and leave whatever I don't use.  The products Celebrity "gives" you know are only good for throwing in the trash.

We should all let Celebrity know how we feel about their products!  This is supposed to be a premium cruise line..

1 hour ago, Redtravel said:

I bring my own toiletries. You cannot assume that you will like the products on a cruise or in a hotel. If I like the toiletries, it’s good. If not, I have my own stuff to use.  If you have long hair, you might want to bring a hair dryer.  The ship dryers have a safety button that you have to hold in while drying your hair. It is very uncomfortable to hold....and the hair dryers on the cruise ship are weak. As a result, you will see many women with wet hair. 

Yes, I bring a tiny fold up 1850 watt blow dryer that I bought from Bed, Bath & Beyond I always travel with.  I have long red naturally curly/wavy/frizzy hair that has to be tamed!! 😲