Immunizations needed for Baltics and Russia?

Tarkay13

I’ve heard various people recommending you be tested for Measles immunity, and if you’re no longer immune, get the booster shot if you’re traveling to Europe. Other than that, no. We did the Baltic cruise early June and didn’t know about how widespread Europe’s Measles outbreak was, so ignorance was bliss. If I was going now, I’d have the immunity test done to be safe. 

4 minutes ago, cruisequeen4ever said:

I’ve heard various people recommending you be tested for Measles immunity, and if you’re no longer immune, get the booster shot if you’re traveling to Europe. Other than that, no. We did the Baltic cruise early June and didn’t know about how widespread Europe’s Measles outbreak was, so ignorance was bliss. If I was going now, I’d have the immunity test done to be safe. 

Thank you for this info. I never got my last booster before heading to college and when I was pregnant they tested my immunity and said after I gave birth I needed to get a booster and I never did. We are heading to Europe next summer. When I get my physical over the winter I'll ask for the booster.

• Like 1

I would suggest consult each country requirements (although Princess will advise you of absolute requirements or if proof needed).  Also, you are in control of your medical history, so I would consult a medical practitioner if you are not sure.  That said, as others mentioned, nothing special is required.

On 7/21/2019 at 2:31 PM, fluffybunny22 said:

Thank you for this info. I never got my last booster before heading to college and when I was pregnant they tested my immunity and said after I gave birth I needed to get a booster and I never did. We are heading to Europe next summer. When I get my physical over the winter I'll ask for the booster.

You are confusing rubella (often called German or 3 day measles) with rubeola which is the Measles.   The reason you were tested for rubella titer is that while the virus is a relatively minor disease it is associated with a terrible disorder for newborns if an unprotected  mother acquires it in the first trimester.   Nonetheless it is still reasonable for you to follow through on your plan to be tested and boosted for Measles if your physician agrees.

We just got back from both a Baltic and Norway cruises and did not need to get any extra immunizations other than what we have already received.  There were no checks for immunizations or questions asked in any ports.  It simply was not mentioned.  So it is everyone's choice along with their care giver as to whether any immunization is required. 

• Like 1