Neptune Lounge

aledomom

On 7/27/2019 at 4:28 PM, sail7seas said:

LOL..

I never 'yet'  got sick from or had any issue caused by drinking  ships'  tap

water.

image.png.41f1adb4a8aba60ac78650d83a48154e.png

image.png

I was on the Eurodam Hawaii cruise a couple of years ago and the tap water gave me horrible heartburn.  

On 7/28/2019 at 8:00 PM, sail7seas said:

A simple call by them  to  room service   from their cabin would have accomplished the same. 

Not quite.  You can’t use beverage cards or the SBP for room service (or the mini bar for that matter).

• Like 1

This very interesting as I have booked a Neptune suite for my birthday this year.

I also booked a Grand Suite on RCI Oasis class. It seems to me that the RCI suites have better perks.  Time will tell.

When I finish both cruises I will give a recap.

Edited by Judyrem
  • Like 2

A good reason to not bother with those  drink   cards.  So much smoother and easier to  put the drinks on your  on b,  oard account  A  nuisance keeping all the rules and regs straight.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2019 at 7:49 AM, Judyrem said:

This very interesting as I have booked a Neptune suite for my birthday this year.

I also booked a Grand Suite on RCI Oasis class. It seems to me that the RCI suites have better perks.  Time will tell.

When I finish both cruises I will give a recap.

Based on Royal Caribbean website, if your suite is in the star class of suites, HAL does not compare at all. The star class is similar to a Celebrity Cruises Suite. HAL does not offer prepaid gratuities, include specialty restaurants (except Pinnacle Grill for breakfast), or a beverage package. Celebrity offers all of these. Neptune Suites are nice sized cabins and the Concierge people in the Neptune Lounge are very helpful. You do get free laundry and special on and off perks.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, twodjs said:

Based on Royal Caribbean website, if your suite is in the star class of suites, HAL does not compare at all. The star class is similar to a Celebrity Cruises Suite. HAL does not offer prepaid gratuities, include specialty restaurants (except Pinnacle Grill for breakfast), or a beverage package. Celebrity offers all of these. Neptune Suites are nice sized cabins and the Concierge people in the Neptune Lounge are very helpful. You do get free laundry and special on and off perks.

How do all features of the cruises compare  aside  from small  Neptune  suite   bennies? 

variety, quality, presentation of food, crew efficiency  and friendliness, cleanliness of ships, itineraries,  fares  etc. ?

Edited by sail7seas

4 hours ago, sail7seas said:

How do all features of the cruises compare  aside  from small  Neptune  suite   bennies? 

My response was to the question of the differences of Suite perks offered by the two cruiselines. That was all that was asked. Perhaps the poster, Judyrem, can address your question after cruising on both.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sail7seas said:

variety, quality, presentation of food, crew efficiency  and friendliness, cleanliness of ships, itineraries,  fares  etc. ?

I don't know yet but I will give you feedback when I complete both cruises.

I have been on an Oasis class balcony but not a Grand suite.  I love the Oasis class ships, I truly do.

There is so very much to do.

I thought I would try a different cruise line once in a while.  I have been on Princess and Celebrity,  just balconies however.