Neptune Lounge

aledomom

I was under the impression from our 1 previous cruise in the Westerdam that the Neptune Lounge was only available to those staying in a Neptune or Pinnacle Cabin.  I was just watching a YouTube video about the Nieuw Statendam and it indicates that everyone from Vista Suites up has access.  Can this possibly be accurate?

6 hours ago, HAL4NOW said:

This short YouTube video states that Neptune Lounge is a "Private Lounge for Suite Class Guests"

Not an official HAL video, but from a TA, I believe, if this is the video OP is referring to.  Lots of misinformation on the Internet.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kazu said:

Totally agree with the others, but now I’m curious to see this You Tube video.  Could you share the link, please?

GIANT  :

No !

And may it always be so.

5 hours ago, sevenseasnomad said:

Not an official HAL video, but from a TA, I believe, if this is the video OP is referring to.  Lots of misinformation on the Internet.

Not only from a TA, but I gave up counting the number of misspellings in the captions.  Really unprofessional. 

7 hours ago, sevenseasnomad said:

Thanks! Nice video of the m/s Venndam NL incl. a table for two for dinner right at the entrance door 😀

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Not only from a TA, but I gave up counting the number of misspellings in the captions.  Really unprofessional. 

SO many TA's are  ill-informed and pass along incorrect information.

sail.noordam@gmail.com

23 hours ago, boards said:

I am kind of jealous of them, but then when I remember the cost of a Neptune Suite, I get over it quick.  I think they deserve that kind of service.  Enjoy, looks great.

I don't think a Neptune Suite is worth the price but the wife does, guess who wins? It was very nice on the Prinsendam. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, iancal said:

That clip of the Neptune Lounge would actually be a disincentive for us.  far too dark, no windows or view to the sea.   What did HAL do? Convert a couple of inside cabins?

Yes.  Even on the newer ships, there's no sea view. 

Roz

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Roz said:

Yes.  Even on the newer ships, there's no sea view. 

Roz

Exactly.  The only ship whose Neptune Lounge that had a sea view and a lovely balcony has been sold and left the fleet on July 1st.

I can understand why HAL always seems to be selling Neptune suites at the last minute.

If HAL wants to see what a real lounge looks like they should visit some of their competitors.  They could start with RCI.  The last one we were in was at the top of the ship.  It had fabulous sea views, an outside patio with seating. and an open bar.

Most of the airport lounges and all the the hotel lounges we have been in look far better, far more open, than this and most had views, albeit or runways or other hi rise buildings.

• Like 1

Given that you can take the food and beverages back to your own balcony the inside location is not a problem.  The two things that are best about the Neptune lounge are the concierges and the food.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iancal said:

I can understand why HAL always seems to be selling Neptune suites at the last minute.

If HAL wants to see what a real lounge looks like they should visit some of their competitors.  They could start with RCI.  The last one we were in was at the top of the ship.  It had fabulous sea views, an outside patio with seating. and an open bar.

Most of the airport lounges and all the the hotel lounges we have been in look far better, far more open, than this and most had views, albeit or runways or other hi rise buildings.

HAL is falling behind with their treatment of suite passengers.  RCI has done an excellent job with transitioning their Crown Lounge to Suites Lounge and Dining on their Oasis Class ships.  I wish HAL would consider the converting the Tamarind to a Suites Lounge and Dining facility.  Put Club Orange there instead of cordoning off a section of the MDR.  

Edited by RocketMan275
  • Like 1

We are nothing special on RCI or Celebrity.  Elite or diamond.  

We get access to the lounge, with a concierge service, food, cap and expresso bar,  open bar-several good wine selections,  patio, etc.  no matter what cabin we buy.   If we bought the least expensive inside cabin we would still have access to the lounge and the concierge service.

In our case, it is always a balcony but it could just as easily be an inside.   Cannot imagine having a meal or a few drinks in a closed environment like that when there is so much space up top.

Edited by iancal

4 hours ago, JeffElizabeth said:

I don't think a Neptune Suite is worth the price but the wife does, guess who wins? It was very nice on the Prinsendam. 

Happy Wife =    Happy Life   🙂

• Like 1

On 7/23/2019 at 3:02 PM, iancal said:

I would be shocked if HAL and all t he cruise lines dont ' send 'mystery shoppers'  (cruisers)   to the com,petition to check them out and compare.

To think, otherwise  is likely  a 'suckers bet.'

image.png.bfb5e8c1152cd2fbb1deddb56b50999a.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

Where would a four or five star hotel situate an executive lounge for business class customers?

On the top floor w/view  or in the basement w no view/no windows?

I/we have been in a few over the years.  Not one was in the basement.  Al were in the top, or high floor, all had a view to the outside.

Edited by iancal
  • Like 1