Neptune Lounge

aledomom

26 minutes ago, sail7seas said:

Most of the airport lounges and all the the hotel lounges we have been in look far better, far more open, than this and most had views, albeit or runways or other hi rise buildings.

That can  vary hugely by airport  and in which country.

Alitalia wins  no prizes IMO and  Delta is often lacking.

sail,noordam@gmail.com

image.png

The suites lounge on Celebrity's S-Class ships have windows but no view; they have a shade over them that is rarely raised.  Some of the M-Class have one set of windows beside a door that leads outside, but there's only one high table there (plus it can be windy whenever the door opens).  They're also not at the top of the ship.   Although they're updating the lounges on the older ships, I don't believe they're adding any more windows or uncovering them to provide a view.  Their newest ship has a different design that puts most everything up top but the older ships are expected to be around for a while longer.  I don't consider them any better or worse than HAL in terms of decor, design, or location.  

I've seen many, many YouTube videos made by TAs who are on board a HAL ship for an hour or so, and have never actually sailed on a HAL cruise -- they use these to advertise their services, which is legit, but it always annoys me when they spout inaccuracies.  Something like saying that vista suite passengers get access to the NL could seriously cause them problems... I have heard this myself, and I think it's a result of the word "suite" suddenly applying to regular balcony cabins that previously were called... well... balcony cabins.  Anyway, take TA videos with a grain of salt and always check details on your booking.  I love the NL for its services -- not it's ambience or amenities. The first time I had a NS, and realized the lounge had no windows and no rest room, I was taken aback.  I realized quickly it's not a place to hang out, but a place to get excellent service with a smile which means you avoid ever having to go to a service desk of any kind on board (or make your own reservations for anything).  I do think it's a great perk for NS and PS people. 

• Like 5

On the Amsterdam we stayed on the Navigation deck for 7 weeks.  This is where all the Neptune/Pinnacle suites are located.  Over 50 of them. We were in one of the 4 or 5 cabin with inside or obstructed view at the stern of the ship.  We walked by the Neptune Suite several times a day.  The place was almost always a ghost town or 1 person sitting in there.  It had no windows.  Every ship and every cruise is different.  It could be that on the next cruise it would not be such a lonely place.  On our cruise most people on the Navigation Deck were quite elderly and needed motorized scooters to get around.  Many of them seemed to be on a stay-cation spending most of their time in their rooms with room service bring in all their food. 

We used the lounge as a drop in place for snacks and talking with the concierges about reservations and room service etc.  It is very convenient.  We have noticed that there are people in there all day using the space as a place to be on their computers usually sitting at the library table near the entrance.  Are they allowing NL access to super Mariners for their loyalty/  Wouldn't know why anyone would want to sit there so long if they had a suite and balcony to go to.  No harm no foul as we don't use the space as do few others.  

20 minutes ago, ottahand7 said:

We used the lounge as a drop in place for snacks and talking with the concierges about reservations and room service etc.  It is very convenient.  We have noticed that there are people in there all day using the space as a place to be on their computers usually sitting at the library table near the entrance.  Are they allowing NL access to super Mariners for their loyalty/  Wouldn't know why anyone would want to sit there so long if they had a suite and balcony to go to.  No harm no foul as we don't use the space as do few others.  

It would a big departure from previous HAL policy to open the Neptune Lounge to non-qualifying suite passengers because they had advanced Mariner status.  I think most Neptune and Pinnacle Suite passengers would consider that an erosion of their benefits.  As for usage in general while my wife and I don’t hang out in the NL we do like coffee and a few nibbles in the morning and then maybe something as simple as a cookie or two in mid afternoon.  Been on cruises where the NL was pretty busy to ones where it was snooze time.  Just depends on the mix of passengers on any given cruise.  For us it helps we generally only cruise on the smaller R and S class ships with fewer qualifying suites.

Edited by Randyk47

So glad that I found this thread -- learned a lot, just reading it. My DH and I just booked our first HAL cruise ever -- on Koningsdam. We splurged on an aft-corner Neptune Suite (they had me at 'wrap around balcony' lol!☺️) So -- here's my first 'newbie' question: Where is the Neptune Lounge actually located, on K-dam? Is that the same as Club O? After studying the deck plans, I don't see any reference to either.🤔

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wwcruisers said:

So glad that I found this thread -- learned a lot, just reading it. My DH and I just booked our first HAL cruise ever -- on Koningsdam.

Hope you enjoy your first HAL cruise 😄

We splurged on an aft-corner Neptune Suite (they had me at 'wrap around balcony' lol!☺️) So -- here's my first 'newbie' question: Where is the Neptune Lounge actually located, on K-dam?

It’s on the Schubert deck where the bulk of the Neptune Suites are - about midway, inside on that deck

Is that the same as Club O? After studying the deck plans, I don't see any reference to either.🤔

No, it’s not the same as Club Orange.  Club Orange is dining, etc.  While they have some of the benefits they do not have entry to the Neptune Lounge.

Have a great cruise 🙂 

2 minutes ago, kazu said:

Hope you enjoy your first HAL cruise 😄

It’s on the Schubert deck where the bulk of the Neptune Suites are - about midway, inside on that deck

No, it’s not the same as Club Orange.  Club Orange is dining, etc.  While they have some of the benefits they do not have entry to the Neptune Lounge.

Have a great cruise 🙂 

OK -- Now that I know where to look, I see it on the deck plans. Thank you!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wwcruisers said:

So glad that I found this thread -- learned a lot, just reading it. My DH and I just booked our first HAL cruise ever -- on Koningsdam. We splurged on an aft-corner Neptune Suite (they had me at 'wrap around balcony' lol!☺️) So -- here's my first 'newbie' question: Where is the Neptune Lounge actually located, on K-dam? Is that the same as Club O? After studying the deck plans, I don't see any reference to either.🤔

Ooooh, you will love that corner suite - how exciting.  It's a bit of a hike to the Neptune Lounge from your suite, as the lounge is located midships near most of the Neptune Suites, but it's going to be worth it for you!  Club Orange doesn't have a lounge - just a dining area.  Hope you enjoy your first cruise on HAL!

Oh my goodness, NOW I see that KAZU has already answered you, and my post was superfluous.  For some reason when I go to a thread from my email it takes ages to load previous posts... anyway, I apologize!

6 hours ago, Moriah said:

Oh my goodness, NOW I see that KAZU has already answered you, and my post was superfluous.  For some reason when I go to a thread from my email it takes ages to load previous posts... anyway, I apologize!

Oh no -- not superfluous, in the least! Being a huge fan of aft cabins (on RC & X) -- I'm SO glad to get positive feed-back, on my cabin choice! The pictures that I found of it were amazing. And, just by sheer dumb luck, we managed to book the deck where the Neptune Lounge is located -- so, it won't be too far of a walk! Thanks again for the advice and encouragement!😎

Edited by wwcruisers

We had an aft wrap around Neptune  on our Alaska cruise earlier this year.  You are a long way from the Neptune Lounge.  However, you can order canapés and snacks for 5 PM cocktail hour delivered to your cabin.  It is usually a selection of what they put out in the Neptune Lounge.  We were traveling with other people (not in Neptune) and we would order for 6 or 8 people.  No problem.  The cabin was small, but the wrap around balcony was great.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OK -- one more silly question from the 'newbie': What sort of beverages does one find, in the Neptune Lounge? Is there a bartender/drink server on duty all day, or just at certain hours? Can you say, get a mimosa with your cappuccino, in the mornings? What about bottled water? Can you run in and pick up a bottle of still or sparkling water, at any time the lounge is open? Trying to decide whether we really need to order a drink package or not. Thanks in advance for the info!😎

OK -- one more silly question from the 'newbie': What sort of beverages does one find, in the Neptune Lounge? Is there a bartender/drink server on duty all day, or just at certain hours? Can you say, get a mimosa with your cappuccino, in the mornings? What about bottled water? Can you run in and pick up a bottle of still or sparkling water, at any time the lounge is open? Trying to decide whether we really need to order a drink package or not. Thanks in advance for the info!😎

In the Neptune lounge is water, but it’s out of the container on display - usually with fruit in it.  No reason you can’t put some in a glass and then put it in your bottle.  (Don’t let your bottle touch the opening of the container).

Fresh squeezed oj is there in the mornings. (Container again - nice containers).

However you will get bottled water in your room.  You’ll also receive a bottle of sparkling wine which you can use (and HAL does often) to make mimosas.  Fresh squeezed oj in the Neptune Lounge in the morning.

There is a self serve bar available.  Drinks are charged to your room.  No bartender.

so yes, you can get water there - I will go to get glasses of water.  But not bottled water.

But you should find some bottled water in your Neptune Suite on day one.  On some ships they supply it daily without charge.  On others they were charging but I think that’s moving to the supplying free of charge.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I drink lots of water and  think water from  the tap on HaL ships   just fine.  I like ice for iced water and between   the ice the stewards put in the cabin ice bucket  regularly and extra from the Neptune Lounge, I  rarely touch the bottled water left in my ca bin for my use.  I have Never had to run into Neptune Lounge to 'grab' a bottle of water.

image.png.0f298a52f2d717827ab20642a44a36f2.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

image.png

13 minutes ago, sail7seas said:

I have Never had to run into Neptune Lounge to 'grab' a bottle of water.

there are no bottles of water in the Neptune Lounge - at least not on any of the ships I have been on.

6 minutes ago, kazu said:

there are no bottles of water in the Neptune Lounge - at least not on any of the ships I have been on.

AS  I said, I never ran into Neptune (or anywhere for that matter to grab a bottle  of  water.     🤨     On  the ships I drink  tap water.  AS my post says.

image.png.11acd54f5b8739f5baaaf528b70a5b28.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

image.png

image.png

1 hour ago, sail7seas said:

AS  I said, I never ran into Neptune (or anywhere for that matter to grab a bottle  of  water.     🤨     On  the ships I drink  tap water.  AS my post says.

image.png.11acd54f5b8739f5baaaf528b70a5b28.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

image.png

image.png

You are to be commended for your bravery.  

14 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

You are to be commended for your bravery.  

LOL..

I never 'yet'  got sick from or had any issue caused by drinking  ships'  tap

water.

image.png.41f1adb4a8aba60ac78650d83a48154e.png

image.png

22 minutes ago, Floridiana said:

The Koningsdam has Neptune suites on several decks?

Yes, it does.  Most of them are on deck 7 midships, surrounding the Neptune Lounge, but there are some all the way in the stern, as well as some SB cabins one deck below.