Neptune Lounge

aledomom

6 minutes ago, Floridiana said:

May I ask, what are SB cabins?

You mean there are Pinnacle suite cabins between midship and the stern?

No, the Pinnacle Suites are further forward.  SA, SB, and SC are the three categories that apply to Neptune Suites.  SA are the most expensive and SC the least, although the suites are virtually identical except for location.  The suites closest to the Neptune Lounge are SA category, and the ones a deck below are SB simply because they are, as said, in a less desirable (says HAL - YMMV) location.  If I'm not mistaken, the aft cabins all the way at the stern, even though coveted by many, are SC category, again, because they are so far from the Neptune Lounge that is deemed a "worse" location. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Floridiana said:

Oh, I see, it's A, B, and C. Thank you for the explanation. I thought it had real meaning like  "superb advantage', 'better suite' and 'cheap selection.' 😉

Well, you are partially right.

The SC’s and SB’s are cheaper than the SA’s.  

Some laugh at it as they prefer the aft cabins and some want mid ship cabins.

It all depends on what you want but the “ B’s and C’s” are cheaper than the A’s. 😉 

8 hours ago, Canadianweaselette said:

Excellent news! I will keep my fingers crossed for HB that they have it on the Nieuw Amsterdam when we are in Alaska this September.

Yes, you will find it in the Neptune lounge on the NA, and if you don't see it, just aske the Concierges and they will bring some for you.  Keep in mind it's the "instant" kind - in packets of hot chocolate mix that you mix with hot water from the coffee/tea machine in the lounge.  My nephew loved it - he added milk to it to make it creamier. 

I’ve tried to respond several times but it keeps blocking me for some reason - sorry. 

I was unable to find the YouTube channel that had that video. 

We are closing in on our 30 day mark and currently no Signature Suites are available but there are Neptune Suites available. I’m wondering if I call in at 30 days if we might get a decent upgrade price? Should I wait until the 29 day mark?

14 hours ago, Floridiana said:

There was hot chocolate in the Neptune Lounge of the MS Amsterdam. 

There were packets for hot chocolate in Neptune lounge on Zaandam in May.

3 hours ago, aledomom said:

I’ve tried to respond several times but it keeps blocking me for some reason - sorry. 

I was unable to find the YouTube channel that had that video. 

We are closing in on our 30 day mark and currently no Signature Suites are available but there are Neptune Suites available. I’m wondering if I call in at 30 days if we might get a decent upgrade price? Should I wait until the 29 day mark?

30 day mark till sailing?  You should start watching your inbox (and junk mailbox) now for upsell offers from HAL, or call your PCC directly.  If you purchased from a big box store you won’t receive the emails so call your TA and speak with them.

17 hours ago, Moriah said:

Yes, it does.  Most of them are on deck 7 midships, surrounding the Neptune Lounge, but there are some all the way in the stern, as well as some SB cabins one deck below.

There are also some on Decks 10 & 11 Forward.  

1 hour ago, *Miss G* said:

30 day mark till sailing?  You should start watching your inbox (and junk mailbox) now for upsell offers from HAL, or call your PCC directly.  If you purchased from a big box store you won’t receive the emails so call your TA and speak with them.

Thanks! We booked with a PCC. Will touch base with him this week and ask him to keep us in the loop when the time comes. 

On 7/27/2019 at 1:15 PM, wwcruisers said:

OK -- one more silly question from the 'newbie': What sort of beverages does one find, in the Neptune Lounge? Is there a bartender/drink server on duty all day, or just at certain hours? Can you say, get a mimosa with your cappuccino, in the mornings? What about bottled water? Can you run in and pick up a bottle of still or sparkling water, at any time the lounge is open? Trying to decide whether we really need to order a drink package or not. Thanks in advance for the info!😎

Unlike the lounge on X, there isn't a cooler full of drinks for you to grab & go.  They have stuff out in large containers for you to get, and it's only the included beverages like water, tea, juice, etc.  There is also a coffee machine that does different preparations (lattes, cappuccinos, etc). There are no canned sodas or water bottles for you to take for free.  There will be an "honor bar" set up after a certain time of the day, but you do get charged for it.  It is not staffed by a bartender but I have seen the concierges helping people.  I have seen a sign that says you cannot use your package at the honor bar, but I haven't ever sailed with a package to know if that's enforced.

Like with X, you'll need to do the math to see if a package is "worth it" based on what you typically drink, considering there is no free booze in the lounge outside of the welcome reception they do on embarkation day.  There is also some debate as to whether or not you will get refills on the bottled water in your suite.  This seems to vary from ship-to-ship so I would not count on it.

I haven't been in Club Orange yet, but reports are that they do serve free mimosas in there with breakfast.  You can also get mimosas delivered to your stateroom with breakfast as a suite perk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Drink Package -- it is enforced that you can not use it to buy drinks from the honor bar in the Neptune Lounge as the concierges have no way of scanning your card to pay for the drinks.

When we were on the Oosterdam recently the Neptune Lounge did not have Chardonnay so the Concierge ordered one from the bar.  We had drink cards and it was taken care by the bar attendant who brought the wine.  I believe the concierge said those with drink cards could use them in the Neptune Lounge that way.

24 minutes ago, twentyknots said:

When we were on the Oosterdam recently the Neptune Lounge did not have Chardonnay so the Concierge ordered one from the bar.  We had drink cards and it was taken care by the bar attendant who brought the wine.  I believe the concierge said those with drink cards could use them in the Neptune Lounge that way.

I’ve heard the same thing from others that had the SBP.  It might vary by ship and concierge, I suspect.  I know some who had to pay and others that didn’t.

JMO,  but  it seems a lot of trouble...    for   find ing  a way around a  rule;

Is it really worth it?

sail.noordam@gmail.com

Edited by sail7seas
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Floridiana said:

Oh, I see, it's A, B, and C. Thank you for the explanation. I thought it had real meaning like  "superb advantage', 'better suite' and 'cheap selection.' 😉

Huh?    😕

"superb   advantage?" LOL

1 hour ago, twentyknots said:

I believe that the only reason you were able to use your drink cards was because the concierge called the bar to bring you special drinks and the server was able to go back to the bar and charge your card.

The concierges can't charge your cards.