Unrequested cruise confirm

bones774

6 hours ago, pcakes122 said:

I would, too even though your issue is now resolved (assuming your CN are credited back.)

I would report it simply because the PCC may have also done this to others who may be older folks or not as savvy and may not catch this the way you did.  I would do it just to protect others.

I was thinking the same thing __ that this wasn’t the first time he’s done it but maybe the first time he was caught.  I’m in the report it boat. 

Report the PCC.  At a minimum, he wasted a bunch of your time sitting on hold until it could get sorted out; at worst it’s fraud.  What he did is very similar to what Wells Fargo did, setting up accounts without peoples’ knowledge.  No financial harm done, you presumably got your CN certifs back - but like others said, how about people who don’t read email and aren’t computer savvy - or who are about to book something else and want to use their CN certificates and have to wait till they are released.

Never mind how highly recommended the PCC is.  What he did is wrong and dishonest.  Any reasonable employer would want to hear about that behavior.  If word gets out that if you call a PCC to ask questions, they will book a cruise for you without your knowledge, then I think there will be a lot fewer PCC calls.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

update- I did receive a cruise cancellation in my email and $250(cruise next) was credited to my account however it has yet to be listed on my NCL account. I am certain it will but as someone else said I have to wait and what if I wanted to use it immediately? Yes, I do have others in the bank. At least now I have docs that it was returned.

I have not made complaint yet, been reading all the additional comments, I agree with all said yet I still feel reluctant to proceed.

thanks

19 hours ago, bones774 said:

OP here, I just spoke with "my PCC", which he is not, never booked anything with him. He admitted that he booked it on my behalf, he was doing a lot of fast talking sales speech, he kept pushing the LATVIP promo and how he needs to book me before it expires(this trip was 14 months from now). He admitted that we talked of several cruises and that he wasn't sure if the one he booked was one we talked about, it wasn't. I think he got the drift that I was annoyed and not fully engaging him in his sales promo. I did not talk with him for at least 3 days prior to this booking, maybe more and where he came up booking this on his own is a bit incredible and quite nervy, i'm sure he doesn't have the power to do something like that w/o my permission. He blew it off as "no worries, it's already cancelled".

So that's the story.

and before someone comes back with some caustic remarks, yes I know my options. Either switch PCC or cut him slack for one mistake(seems like more than a mistake to me).

Thanks all.

Couple of missing items that are, at least to me, red flags...

#1) NCL has a system in place to prevent PCCs from padding their numbers. In order for you to make a CN booking, you have to verbally authorize the use of the CN...and this is recorded. The PCC cannot make the booking without it.

#2) You mention that the PCC said "no worries, it's already cancelled". However, you don't mention receiving the cancellation confirmation via email. Just like you got the email confirmation when the cruise was booked, the system will send you another confirmation via email when the cruise was cancelled. If you haven't received the cancellation confirmation, then I wouldn't count on the cruise being cancelled.

You need to follow through with step by step documentation. Don't accept "trust me, everything is OK" for an answer.

24 minutes ago, bones774 said:

update- I did receive a cruise cancellation in my email and $250(cruise next) was credited to my account however it has yet to be listed on my NCL account. I am certain it will but as someone else said I have to wait and what if I wanted to use it immediately? Yes, I do have others in the bank. At least now I have docs that it was returned.

I have not made complaint yet, been reading all the additional comments, I agree with all said yet I still feel reluctant to proceed.

thanks

I understand how hesitant you are to proceed with reporting this incident, however, consider the number of people who may not be as diligent as you and may not find a booked cruise until it's too late.  When you mentioned what happened to you, I bet a lot of people checked to ensure there were no changes made on their account. 

Receiving the cancellation does not change the fact that what he did was wrong!  It needs to be reported, please. 

22 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Couple of missing items that are, at least to me, red flags...

#1) NCL has a system in place to prevent PCCs from padding their numbers. In order for you to make a CN booking, you have to verbally authorize the use of the CN...and this is recorded. The PCC cannot make the booking without it.

#2) You mention that the PCC said "no worries, it's already cancelled". However, you don't mention receiving the cancellation confirmation via email. Just like you got the email confirmation when the cruise was booked, the system will send you another confirmation via email when the cruise was cancelled. If you haven't received the cancellation confirmation, then I wouldn't count on the cruise being cancelled.

You need to follow through with step by step documentation. Don't accept "trust me, everything is OK" for an answer.

In no way did I authorize the PCC to make a booking. as I said I had not even spoken with him for at least 3 days probably more. Totally unauthorized. There is certainly no recording of me authorizing the use of a CN cert.

I did receive email confirm of cancel.

21 hours ago, bones774 said:

OP here, I just spoke with "my PCC", which he is not, never booked anything with him. He admitted that he booked it on my behalf, he was doing a lot of fast talking sales speech, he kept pushing the LATVIP promo and how he needs to book me before it expires(this trip was 14 months from now). He admitted that we talked of several cruises and that he wasn't sure if the one he booked was one we talked about, it wasn't. I think he got the drift that I was annoyed and not fully engaging him in his sales promo. I did not talk with him for at least 3 days prior to this booking, maybe more and where he came up booking this on his own is a bit incredible and quite nervy, i'm sure he doesn't have the power to do something like that w/o my permission. He blew it off as "no worries, it's already cancelled".

So that's the story.

and before someone comes back with some caustic remarks, yes I know my options. Either switch PCC or cut him slack for one mistake(seems like more than a mistake to me).

Thanks all.

I'll bet they have a quota or contest going to increase bookings, or that individual rep is under the gun to book more to keep his job. Those kind of incentives often result in this kind of behavior, and if that's the case, he should be terminated immediately.

• Like 1

This is reminiscent of the recent debacle where Wells Fargo employees were opening accounts for customers without their consent . They were under pressure to sell, sell, sell and many took that fraudulent approach, apparently with management's tacit approval, or at least with management turning a blind eye toward the practice.

• Like 1

I know a lot of us are reluctant to get people in trouble but...you can just make objective statement of fact "PCC  xxxx booked a cruise for me without my knowledge; I hadn't even spoken with him for three days before this happened.  The first I learned of it was when I received the NCL confirmation email.  I called xxx and he said yyyyy.  He did cancel the cruise immediately.  Are PCC's permitted to do this type of thing?  How could this have been booked without my requesting this specific cruise, and subsequent authorization to actually go ahead and book?"

(or something like that).  Behavior like that IMHO hurts NCL and the "honest" PCC's who might be pushy, but who at least don't overstep like this one did.

Most of us are so "nice" we don't want to see people get in trouble, which leads to people not being held accountable for clearly wrong actions.  There's a big stampede on the thread about that toddler who fell from the ship window and how the grandfather should be held responsible for this terrible accident - yet here we have an example of deliberate wrongdoing, nothing accidental about this one.  

• Like 3