Do P&O have special offers on their extra charge restaurants ?

billsat

Hi

Does anyone know if P&O do special offers for their chargeable dinning options like The Limelight Club or Sindhu or The Epicurean ?

The reason I ask is that many years ago when I did a RCI cruise they offered an extra discount if you went to one of their chargeable restaurants on the 1st night as an example

I am going on a P&O Cruise in May 2020 and curious if there any offers to be grabbed !

Many Thanks

In a word, yes - at least so far as the Epicurean is concerned. 

We've had reduced price offers several times (first night and occasionally others) but it will depend very much on what the computer predictions are for your particular voyage.  If they expect to fill the restaurants with full price diners they don't need to offer discounts.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, billsat said:

Hi

Does anyone know if P&O do special offers for their chargeable dinning options like The Limelight Club or Sindhu or The Epicurean ?

The reason I ask is that many years ago when I did a RCI cruise they offered an extra discount if you went to one of their chargeable restaurants on the 1st night as an example

I am going on a P&O Cruise in May 2020 and curious if there any offers to be grabbed !

Many Thanks

The longer the cruise the more chance there is. Never noticed any offers on our 14 night Baltic cruise on Britannia. In fact never saw much effort by staff to sell the speciality restaurants. Sindhu always seemed full.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On our recent Ventura cruise, we got 30% off Epicurean for the first night.  There was a table near the buffet where a man was taking bookings.  Later in the cruise they were doing an early bird special with a free bottle of wine if you dined before 6.30 in Epicurean or Sindhu.

• Thanks 1

On our recent cruise on Britannia in May they offered free bottle of House Wine if you ate early in Sindhu and Epicurean on two occasions and on one night Gareth Gates was appearing and they were offering buy 4 tickets and pay for only 3 in Limelight but the price was £35pp against the normal prices in Limelight of £25pp.

• Thanks 1

I have negotiated discounts on our last two cruises. The maitre de in the main dining room was able to offer us five for the price of four in Sindhu on one occasion and on the other I wandered around the food and beverage fayre on the first sea day. I booked for 3 of us I the Epicurean for two meals and got my daughter at half price for both, this was after being told when I enquired on embarkation that no discounts were available except on the first night which I politely declined and walked away. Neither of these bookings were for the first night, I chose my dates on both occasions. This was on Azura and Britannia. I will be looking to book when we go on Ventura in a few days but will be prepared to walk away if no discount is available.

• Like 2

30% discount on my last 2 cruises for the first 3 nights. Also a free bottle of wine for 2 if booking before 7pm for the first nights which seemed to become a lot of nights as Epicurean was never overbooked  or even 1/4 full on that cruise. 

Just as an aside I always eat in Epicurean and pay before I go via cruise personaliser. The Maitre D cancelled my pre cruise booking and refunded my card and then charged me on my cruise card at 30% off to ensure I benefited from the offer. He also made sure I had some free wine on other nights when that offer was on - I had bought the drinks package but he "gifted" me some Peller Ice which is not included in the package - but you do get 20% off if buying it. That isn't the free wine but he knew I love it and he seems to have control of a number of "treats". That was lovely of him and I very much appreciated it.   

Edited by ccpm

They often have offers on the first night, which are worth taking, as sometimes the MDRs can be a bit chaotic on the first night though they've always got things sorted by the second. We found out because i cruised with a friend on a big birthday which happened to be the first night. We got a good discount on Epicurean on Azura and some free wine, with glasses of champagne thrown in when they realised it was my birthday!