Princess Crown

Pickels

1 hour ago, Pickels said:

Does the Princess Crown have the same setup in The Sanctuary as is setup on the Princess Regal?

Thanks!

It has padded loungers, some sun shades across the too but not full shade, glass barriers around the outside, green AstroTurf type floor, waiters, afternoon tea, etc. The layout is different, given it's a totally different class of ship.

The Sanctuary on the Royal class ships also have cabanas whereas the Crown (at least as I remember it from when we were on it for 10 days last Christmas) doesn't have that option.  A few years ago on a B2B on the Royal Princess we reserved regular loungers for the first cruise and the Sanctuary manager upgraded us to a Sanctuary Cabana (minus the special cocktail and special snacks) for the price of regular loungers on the second cruise.  It was lovely!

This is the description of the cabanas on the Royal Princess (https://www.princess.com/news/backgrounders_and_fact_sheets/factsheet/Passengers-Can-Enjoy-the-Ultimate-in-Pampering-Aboard-Royal-Princess.html):

Sanctuary Cabanas – Within The Sanctuary, four new Sanctuary Cabanas offer an even more exclusive and special experience with amenities such as a personal television with noise-reducing wireless headphones, cushy sofas, luxurious robe and slippers, a welcome cocktail, and healthy snacks including nuts, and dried and fresh fruit. The cabana also features a fully stocked mini-bar with refreshing waters and sodas, as well as a choice of alcoholic options, including beer or wine. Sanctuary Cabanas are available beginning at $80 for a half day.

Edited by capriccio

• 3 weeks later...

How much does The Sanctuary cost if you don't get a cabana?  We were on the Royal TA in 2017 and went to a lovely area high on the ship (complete with bar, pool and jacuzzi).  We paid nothing, as we didn't get  cabana.  A lot less crowded than main pool, especially on port days.  I don't recall if it was called Sanctuary, and wondered if it is the same deal on Crown.  Going on the December 17 10-day S. Caribbean.  Thanks!

If the linked pictures are relatively current, then they have added a lot more loungers in the forward shaded section than they used to have last time we were on that class of ship (it was Emerald I think).  That is good in one way (to satisfy demand especially in Caribbean where she is doing 10-night trips).  In another way it is bad if used to the original Sanctuary which was much less crowded and likely quieter. 

Plan to return to Sanctuary on Crown this Nov.  This class of ship has my favorite Sanctuaries.  Note there is an outdoor section for sun-lovers which is aft of the front covered section and is where you enter the area. 

9 hours ago, steelers36 said:

If the linked pictures are relatively current, then they have added a lot more loungers in the forward shaded section than they used to have last time we were on that class of ship (it was Emerald I think).  That is good in one way (to satisfy demand especially in Caribbean where she is doing 10-night trips).  In another way it is bad if used to the original Sanctuary which was much less crowded and likely quieter. 

Plan to return to Sanctuary on Crown this Nov.  This class of ship has my favorite Sanctuaries.  Note there is an outdoor section for sun-lovers which is aft of the front covered section and is where you enter the area. 

We spent 10 days in the Sanctuary on the Crown Princess on our Christmas 2018 cruise.  The pictures looked accurate to me.  We didn’t find the forward area (always our preference) any more crowded than the Sanctuary on the Ruby Princess.  The area on the Royal Princess had fewer lounges and more seating areas.  In all cases it was quiet.  In fact the relative loudest was on the Royal where people gathered in the chairs around the small tables to get into real shade and chat but even that wasn’t bad.

We always reserve the Sanctuary on Caribbean cruises although now we wouldn’t waste our money on the Caribbean Princess Sanctuary since they replaced the lounges and tables with lounges with inadequate cushions and no tables - just an extended edge along one side of the lounger!