2 night cruise

GilbyJoe

5 minutes ago, GilbyJoe said:

Just booked a 2-night cruise to go along with a 5 night one.  I know 2 nighters are not common but has anyone done one? Was there an elite breakfast and happy Hour?

We did one in Australia, not elite with Celebrity so can’t help there, the one thing we would say is it was vary much a booze cruise, with lots of party groups (hens parties, bucks parties, birthdays, engagements, that sort of thing) and was much busier as everyone seemed to want to experience everything in just two days.

Hello--we did a 2-night last April on Silhouette as an add-on to a Caribbean/TA B2B. It was Southampton to LeHavre. It was basically a booze cruise for the people doing just the 2-nighter.  We aren't Elite so I can't speak to that question. 

We did a two night cruise from Southhampton to LeHavre.  It was the third leg of what was technically a B2B2B2B.  We had a beverage package and I don't remember if there was an Elite/Elite + happy hour.  In our case several hundred UK travel agents were having an industry meeting onboard, and the bulk of the remaining passengers were young Brits determined to try every alcohol based drink and every food item on the ship.  An assistant beverage manager told us that in 48 hours they went through the amount of alcohol they expect go through on a seven night Caribbean cruise.  Also lots of party groups onboard.  

43 minutes ago, GilbyJoe said:

Just booked a 2-night cruise to go along with a 5 night one.  I know 2 nighters are not common but has anyone done one? Was there an elite breakfast and happy Hour?

We did  a 2 nighter and there was NO elite happy hour.  There was a different clientele.  Lots of heavy drinking and smoking on balconies.  Not a typical  Celebrity cruise.    

7 hours ago, GilbyJoe said:

We did a 2 nighter Amsterdam to Southampton in 2012, just so that we could become Elite. At that point we were still Select and were told that we were not due to get any free internet minutes as it was only a 2 night cruise. Talking to someone , who was Elite, at breakfast, we were informed that in fact they did get free minutes. 

When we returned home I complained and were given a small amount of OBC to be used on our next cruise.

Despite  the booze cruise issues, it might be nice to try a suite for the  added 2 days if you are not usually a suite guest. You would have access to suite amenities and Luminae.

We are actually looking for a short cruise at some point so we can do just that.

Thanks again fellow cruisers.  We have a suite for the 5 day so have booked an inside for the 2 day. We’ve never done a b2b so wanted to try.  It’s an M class so the coveted 1140 is available but I don’t think on this cruise, I want to be on top of the Sunset Bar.

Lucky you,  5 days in a suite sounds great!  

That's what we are going to look for! 

Have never been in a suite but looking for a taste of suite life

The inside for 2 days  may be a great escape from the partiers!

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1