Images from Ocean Cay

Beamafar

@Beamafar

Renderings are lovely. Would be an unexpected surprise if they are done with YC in time for the Feb sailings...

though if I recall correctly--some indicated it may be April-May...

We r at OC twice for B2B in early 2020 so don't know where they will put YC folks

5 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

I hope they have a nice temporary area to enjoy.  I'll find out soon enough, maybe?!

It's not looking too hopeful of much for YC at Ocean Cay at time soon. MSC put out new press release of new experiences and a brochure today and not one mention of the YC on island. Probably going to be roped off area of regular beach with some cabanas for rent, but limited to non-existent special services, at least until Spring.

Personally, I'll be happy to set foot on Ocean Cay, even if there's nothing to see but the lighthouse, a beach and two folding chairs. I understand that others have greater expectations but we are just happy to be on vacation, enjoying the company of our fellow passengers and being waited on by the staff. We're excited to see the Meraviglia for the first time and also experience the Yacht Club for the first time. Here's wishing @Beamafar and others who see OC before we do, will have a lovely time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm not going to lie, that looks like a typical run of the mill beach setup on the North Carolina coast.  Don't think that I'm complaining about that at all, but...

I mean it just seems a little out of place in the Caribbean.  The last thing I want when I'm on a cruise is to be reminded of home.

4 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Personally, I'll be happy to set foot on Ocean Cay, even if there's nothing to see but the lighthouse, a beach and two folding chairs. I understand that others have greater expectations but we are just happy to be on vacation, enjoying the company of our fellow passengers and being waited on by the staff. We're excited to see the Meraviglia for the first time and also experience the Yacht Club for the first time. Here's wishing @Beamafar and others who see OC before we do, will have a lovely time.

Oh absolutely!  This island on its own is looking beautiful, and they've done so much work to revitalize the island that its truly remarkable.  My wife and I took a look over the excursion options yesterday and, those alone are worth looking forward to as a part of this port.  Even if the YC area isn't available, and we're only stuck with a private roped off area with some cabanas and a wait staff on the beach?  Aww shucks, I guess I'll survive.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beardface said:

I'm not going to lie, that looks like a typical run of the mill beach setup on the North Carolina coast.  Don't think that I'm complaining about that at all, but...

I mean it just seems a little out of place in the Caribbean.  The last thing I want when I'm on a cruise is to be reminded of home.

I thought it looked lovely.  In fact, I just remarked to my husband that, even if the weather isn't great, this would be a great spot to spend a few hours having a few drinks or a nice meal.  I'm sure the restroom facilities are also going to be a step up above your basic facilities.    Having spent the past 15 summers vacationing in Hatteras on the Outer Banks,  I have not experienced such a nice facility in NC.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Beamafar said:

Here are a couple of renderings of the YC area:

20191015_142212.thumb.jpg.58b2723a95b1d3ebdb4f9687481193eb.jpg20191015_142232.thumb.jpg.af1191524a8c4401a72daac6df6a4540.jpg

I love these renderings, the bottom one is reminiscent of a Raffles Hotel to me. I don't know if the finished product will mirror these, but they are lovely and inviting.

• Like 2

I like the pics and hope the facilities will be ready sooner than later

It may be that people try and make their homes "beachy" that has Caribbean flair

---as opposed to the Bahamas looking like "NC" touristy places? 

I am not into theme decorating so no palm trees at home and no bear motif in our mt place.

From all accounts MSC is making great efforts to do this well.

I am rooting for them to have success..not rooting for failure nor looking to complain when it isn't even open to pax yet

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Not sure if this link has been posted yet..

https://beyondcruise.com/news/new-activities-revealed-ocean-cay-msc-marine-reserve?fbclid=IwAR0m3bsgf7Q0xyoxML9WqFp1B_Hpuj2DPI9ef2DHf8P_xjQ65gLXWy1jRho

Pedalo rentals look interesting and I'd positively do the glow night time stand up paddle-boarding if Ocean Cay wasn't so close to Bimini. I'm not that great at paddle-boarding in fresh water lakes and add nightime/sharks/my lack of skill and I'll pass.

Ceclo Luxury Electric Pedalo Rentals – Explore or simply slowly drift for hours in the tranquillity of the beautiful Bahamian waters on the newest invention on the market, the Ceclo – the luxury yacht of pedal boats, with electric assistance ready for all your adventures and made of recycled champagne cork, wood, and aluminium.

Glow Night-time Stand-Up Paddle Boarding – Discover the marine life after dark and enjoy a calm evening paddle under a starry sky with a specially equipped stand-up paddleboard, fitted with LED illumination that allows guests to glide on a beam of light across the calm waters of The Bahamas.

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, KayakingGirl2 said:

Well, they will be in the Yacht Club area but the whole area will not be finished yet. But can’t imagine what else there would be.  Maybe a different restaurant.  

The YC will have a different buffet (upscale food) and different bar along with different service

Clearly when it all rolls out depends on when the facilities open.

No word on the food/bar service and cabanas for YC pax ...

We will all have to wait and seeand realize changes will be made as the beta tests are complete

1 hour ago, Fogfog said:

The YC will have a different buffet (upscale food) and different bar along with different service

Clearly when it all rolls out depends on when the facilities open.

No word on the food/bar service and cabanas for YC pax ...

We will all have to wait and seeand realize changes will be made as the beta tests are complete

Well, I saw a photo from a worker on the island of a couple yacht club cabanas.  They are very nice. I think since we can use the cabanas till dark it will be fun.  Although why do we have to give the. Up at dark???  But they say all day till sunset.  

I’ll bet it’s a staffing or safety issue.  I don’t see them providing services at night as that staff would probably be needed for the onboard evening dinner service.  Plus, they may not want people in the cabanas after dark.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Nashna said:

I’ll bet it’s a staffing or safety issue.  I don’t see them providing services at night as that staff would probably be needed for the onboard evening dinner service.  Plus, they may not want people in the cabanas after dark.

Yes,  I imagine that is true.  I thought I saw a photo of  a cabana With a light in it. 
anyway rules are rules.  So excited to see the island.  

On 10/16/2019 at 1:32 AM, BermudaBound2014 said:

Ceclo Luxury Electric Pedalo Rentals – Explore or simply slowly drift for hours in the tranquillity of the beautiful Bahamian waters on the newest invention on the market, the Ceclo – the luxury yacht of pedal boats, with electric assistance ready for all your adventures and made of recycled champagne cork, wood, and aluminium.

Glow Night-time Stand-Up Paddle Boarding – Discover the marine life after dark and enjoy a calm evening paddle under a starry sky with a specially equipped stand-up paddleboard, fitted with LED illumination that allows guests to glide on a beam of light across the calm waters of The Bahamas.

In my cruise planner, there is also a picture for the Pedalo:

OCC18.jpg

Looks nice - $99 for two hours. There are a lot of things listed since some weeks.

They delayed the openning to December 5th. I would be on the island Dec 7th and Dec 14th. Do you thing there is any chance we will actually go there? It is funny because Ken Mustak (MSC USA) was asked on Twitter by some guys about docking Thanksgivin and he gave them any absolutely yes answer (which obviously did not come through.) so this gives me a little hope there will only some operational issues left and they can hold this deadline.

Here is their full article: https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/About-MSC/News/Ocean-Cay-MSC-Marine-Reserve-December-2019.aspx

On 10/14/2019 at 1:54 PM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I like that they are using things made by Bahamas people instead of bringing in cheap crap from China.  Looking forward to seeing it in November!

Hi,  me too!  The Bahamians are good craftsman’s.  I look forward to what they will have.  And also the Ocean Cay souvenirs.   The first ships there they will fly off the shelves.   It has take. So long lol

23 minutes ago, Patterzone said:

They delayed the openning to December 5th. I would be on the island Dec 7th and Dec 14th. Do you thing there is any chance we will actually go there? It is funny because Ken Mustak (MSC USA) was asked on Twitter by some guys about docking Thanksgivin and he gave them any absolutely yes answer (which obviously did not come through.) so this gives me a little hope there will only some operational issues left and they can hold this deadline.

Here is their full article: https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/About-MSC/News/Ocean-Cay-MSC-Marine-Reserve-December-2019.aspx