Drink Package

4 minutes ago, ShakerFamily said:

Hi all!  How do we go about only purchasing one drink package?  Years ago it was permitted and now all adults must have one even if they don’t drink? (Medication does now allow me to). Thanks!

Call RC.  Lately they have been permitting one adult to buy the Deluxe Beverage Package and one the Refreshment Package.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ShakerFamily said:

Hi all!  How do we go about only purchasing one drink package?  Years ago it was permitted and now all adults must have one even if they don’t drink? (Medication does now allow me to). Thanks!

I have the same issue. I can't drink (medical/medication.) I called Royal. They told me the non alcohol imbibing adult in the cabin MUST purchase the beverage package.

1 minute ago, bboop51 said:

I have the same issue. I can't drink (medical/medication.) I called Royal. They told me the non alcohol imbibing adult in the cabin MUST purchase the beverage package.

I think they meant that the non-alcohol person had to purchase the Refreshment package.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ShakerFamily said:

Just a bit of background, they went to the "all adults must purchase" plan because there was too much abuse.  people were "sharing" one package amongst their friends and cabin mates.   Now, if they find you doing that they will, at the least, take away the package with no refund.  worst is that they will put you off the ship at the next port.

But, as others have stated, call RCI and explain the situation and they will allow you to purchase one drink package and one refreshment package.  This cannot be done on the website.

Edited by stevea36

20 hours ago, CTCruiser76 said:

They do give you some push back, but ultimately, if you explain why, they will let you do 1 Drink package and 1 Royal refreshment package. - Just stick to the facts and don't waiver from your reason.

I called to do this my last cruise and they gave me NO issues and were very quick to allow one deluxe beverage package and the other person had to book at least the refreshment package (not soda package)!

14 minutes ago, SuiteLady said:

I called to do this my last cruise and they gave me NO issues and were very quick to allow one deluxe beverage package and the other person had to book at least the refreshment package (not soda package)!

Ditto

I did the same thing two weeks ago and got a little pushback.  I think I had to mention twice that my boyfriend could not drink due to medical restrictions and they did allow me to purchase the refreshment package for him.   Soda only was not allowed.

Lisa N.

Heck, I called for our last cruise to book both of us with Deluxe, but one with VOOM, and ended up with one Deluxe with VOOM and one Refreshment package. 😄

And for some reason, they had to cancel both to rebook.