Balcony Etiquette

14 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Can we assist you in joining the 10,000 club ? 

I would love to know why some people worry about another posters count, I don’t even think about my own. I have no idea why they even have that feature, of all the features they did away with why keep post counts??

1 hour ago, GUT2407 said:

I would love to know why some people worry about another posters count, I don’t even think about my own. I have no idea why they even have that feature, of all the features they did away with why keep post counts??

Post counts seem to be important to some. That also doesn't include me. 🙂 We used to have someone who posted just a word or two, then another post for the next bit, presumably to increase his post count.

12 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Post counts seem to be important to some. That also doesn't include me. 🙂 We used to have someone who posted just a word or two, then another post for the next bit, presumably to increase his post count.

Remember Thied, the horses head?    How could one forget the lad.😆

I've recently returned to my favourite drop of grape juice - the big reds and interesting blends from Piggs Peake. The winemaker there used to work for me in a past life. Zinfandels like none that I've had from anywhere else.

2 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

I've recently returned to my favourite drop of grape juice - the big reds and interesting blends from Piggs Peake. The winemaker there used to work for me in a past life. Zinfandels like none that I've had from anywhere else.

You are a top shelf wine sipper then.   No Dan Murphy $5 plonk for thou.  Above all, enjoy.  I do have a couple of nice Krondorfs in my rack, along with the plonk.

In the past I've would grab whatever was on special, usually Aldi, and have had some nice ones, but each time I went back I could never remember the brand or label so it was pot luck all over again.

Continuing on with things I do on my balcony during cruises.

Wine drinking is the most important. Other stuff we have to go inside and pull the curtains. Like playing Scrabble. We don't like people looking around the balcony partisan and seeing us do that.

Shiraz is my favourite wine. But it has to have the magic words " FULL BODIED' printed on the back label. 

But one wine that is little known in Australia is DURIF. It is inky dark and full bodied. [If you can get it]Breakfast.jpg.7857ac75ab58f685ae3a34ec984e798f.jpg

Edited by greykangaroo

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

In the past I've would grab whatever was on special, usually Aldi, and have had some nice ones, but each time I went back I could never remember the brand or label so it was pot luck all over again.

Aldi have a nice carmenere from Chili at the moment, and some decent cheap French reds. Not to mention El Toro Macho (rioja) which got a very favourable review in Good Living a few weeks ago. I just wish they'd get a few more decent whites though.

1 hour ago, lyndarra said:

Aldi have a nice carmenere from Chili at the moment, and some decent cheap French reds. Not to mention El Toro Macho (rioja) which got a very favourable review in Good Living a few weeks ago. I just wish they'd get a few more decent whites though.

2 hours ago, greykangaroo said:

But one wine that is little known in Australia is DURIF. It is inky dark and full bodied. [If you can get it]Breakfast.jpg.7857ac75ab58f685ae3a34ec984e798f.jpg

Plenty of durif in Rutherglen. We stopped there for a few days on our way back to Sydney from Melbourne a few years ago and came home with a car full of it. I think it's all gone now. ☹

You can buy it online though.

Oddly enough, I can't handle the big shirazes or cab savs but I can drink durif. 

And it goes superbly with dark chocolate. One of the Rutherglen wineries encourages you to eat chocolate when tasting their durif.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ