Balcony Etiquette

Uncle Les has a publicly confessed balcony naturist on 1 of his cruises next year.That could to lead to an increase in "attempted balcony etiquette".Perhaps that could be an offence.

13 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Uncle Les has a publicly confessed balcony naturist on 1 of his cruises next year.That could to lead to an increase in "attempted balcony etiquette".Perhaps that could be an offence.

A hard act to follow.😋

6 hours ago, greykangaroo said:

etiquette
noun
Meaning

Is the customary code of polite behavior in society or among members  of a particular group

.Now our Brisbane 41 seems to be contradicting himself. First he says there is no etiquette and then he demands the etiquette pertaining to his private space.

Wonder what it's like being his neighbor in Brisbane?

There is no contradiction.

Can you not understand the sentence "Unless....." 

I know primary school students who can understand simple statements like this.

5 hours ago, NSWP said:

Type 41 Destroyer perhaps? 😎

HMAS Brisbane DDG 41. Commissioned 1967 and decommissioned in 2001. It was the last male only steam powered destroyer our Navy had. A relic of the old time and a cross between the modern missile age and a hull design similar of what to expect in WWII.

• Thanks 1

This is the Grey Funnel Line and is actually the biggest cruise line in the world. It is very similar to Princess Cruises and Royal Caribbean in that it costs a lot to sail on them. But with the Grey Funnel Line there is a slight difference; they pay you to cruise on them and you don't have to pay anything. 

Once they have floated around the world uncountable times with fuel and food all free for the passengers, they end their lives sunk in shallow water to be used as diving wrecks.

Brian 1 is right, there are no balconies and all the cabins are inside. It wouldn't suit us. As previously mentioned, we only sail with a balcony and further, prefer the starboard side. 

22 minutes ago, greykangaroo said:

This is the Grey Funnel Line and is actually the biggest cruise line in the world. It is very similar to Princess Cruises and Royal Caribbean in that it costs a lot to sail on them. But with the Grey Funnel Line there is a slight difference; they pay you to cruise on them and you don't have to pay anything. 

Once they have floated around the world uncountable times with fuel and food all free for the passengers, they end their lives sunk in shallow water to be used as diving wrecks.

Brian 1 is right, there are no balconies and all the cabins are inside. It wouldn't suit us. As previously mentioned, we only sail with a balcony and further, prefer the starboard side. 

Funny but we have some sort of ingrained preference for port side, I think it maybe that our first few cabins were port.

But I think every cruise we have booked at the moment is Starboard.

14 hours ago, brian1 said:

I will just have to grin and bear that brian, if the said pax is next door or down below over the rails.🤣

3 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Yeah, and you have to be in dressed appropriately to get into the MDR every night.

Bell bottoms essential or Square Rig essential n the Ratings/Petty Officer Messes.

Mess Dress in ye olde Wardroom

Edited by NSWP

52 minutes ago, greykangaroo said:

And no 'Scran' or a 'Brew' to your cabin, Captain and Executive Officer excepting. 

No automatic gratuities required.

Edited by NSWP

15 hours ago, Brisbane41 said:

HMAS Brisbane DDG 41. Commissioned 1967 and decommissioned in 2001. It was the last male only steam powered destroyer our Navy had. A relic of the old time and a cross between the modern missile age and a hull design similar of what to expect in WWII.

How do you create the male only steam?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, GUT2407 said:

Funny but we have some sort of ingrained preference for port side, I think it maybe that our first few cabins were port.

But I think every cruise we have booked at the moment is Starboard.

I too prefer port.  It is far easier to spell!

Plus I like the view of a lit up Opera House on the arrival home.

Edited by banzaii

1 hour ago, banzaii said:

I too prefer port.  It is far easier to spell!

Plus I like the view of a lit up Opera House on the arrival home.

And most of the time sit on my balcony watching the opera house people waving at the poor buggers on the Ferries who will have to do the commute again tomorrow while I am off cruising

1 hour ago, banzaii said:

How do you create the male only steam?

Get ten men, put them in a sauna, and collect the sweat, then boil it off. Easy Peasy. Silverchair tried a similar concept in one of their song's video clips.

35 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

And most of the time sit on my balcony watching the opera house people waving at the poor buggers on the Ferries who will have to do the commute again tomorrow while I am off cruising

Yeah, have done that often.