Signature Beverage Package

CateW

We're considering a b2b in February March 2020 (and since it is not part of Explore4) am wondering if it makes sense to purchase the Signature Beverage Package in advance or wait until we board. Any advantages either way?  

59 minutes ago, CateW said:

We're considering a b2b in February March 2020 (and since it is not part of Explore4) am wondering if it makes sense to purchase the Signature Beverage Package in advance or wait until we board. Any advantages either way?  

The SBP has been $5 cheaper per day pp if you purchase it in advance on line.

As you are not at final payment date yet, and you are based in U.S. would it not make sense to hold off on buying SBP for the moment, in case an offer comes along (Cruise week etc) that may offer the SBP and then you can check the figures and refare?

• Like 1

I know that some cruise lines will have a waiver regarding all people in a cabin buying the package if there are health reasons preventing one person from having alcohol.   Is that the case with HAL?

The purchase price for the SBP is $44.95 per day plus 15% SC if you buy it online, before your cruise.  if you wait to buy it on the first day on the ship, you will pay $54.95 per day plus 15% SC.   

The penalty for waiting until you are onboard to buy the package using the free OBC provided by HAL does not apply to the Elite Beverage Package (yet).  The Elite package is $59.95 per day plus 15% if you buy it online or onboard.

57 minutes ago, wwcruisers said:

If you purchase the drink package online, pre-cruise -- would that count toward your $300 'onboard purchase' threshold, for additional Mariner points?

Yes it DOES count toward your Mariner point spending. You definitely want to buy the SBP on line ahead of time! It also spreads out your expenses, a feature I really like!

49 minutes ago, boze9999 said:

Yes it DOES count toward your Mariner point spending. You definitely want to buy the SBP on line ahead of time! It also spreads out your expenses, a feature I really like!

Thanks -- will keep that in mind, for bev pkge as well as internet.

5 minutes ago, wwcruisers said:

Thanks -- will keep that in mind, for bev pkge as well as internet.

And if for some reason you cancel prior to final booking (or I assume even afterwards if you have HAL insurance), all you have to do is call HAL and they will reimburse you prepaid monies.

2 hours ago, boze9999 said:

And if for some reason you cancel prior to final booking (or I assume even afterwards if you have HAL insurance), all you have to do is call HAL and they will reimburse you prepaid monies.

Thank you again, Boze! That's how X & RC do it -- but nice to know that HAL does, too. 😎