Silhouette Revolution Info

vtcruising

On 9/13/2019 at 4:37 PM, jjmock said:

If you dont mind me asking, were you able to book the Alcove for your cruise online? We're cruising Solstice in March'20 and I tried to book an Alcove but system came back as unavailable. When I called Celebrity they said we were outside the 6 month time window for booking an alcove. I wonder how then you were able to book one for April? Thanks!

I just booked an alcove online for my May cruise, over 7 months away, I could have booked port or sea day. It’s in the planner under the section for speciality dining.

8 hours ago, jjmock said:

OK thats strange because yesterday I was given two different answers by Celebrity representatives. One said it cant be booked until less than 6 months out. The other said that Alcoves on Sea Days can only be booked once onboard the ship. Seems like none of them know what they are talking about. 

Did you try Captains Club? Someone there spent 15 minutes with me a couple of days ago answering multiple questions. A great rep who checked and double- checked for me!!

After releasing a 3 day cruise scheduled for 2/11/20 to 2/14/20, to which we booked. A few weeks later Celebrity cancelled that cruise! So the first cruise after refurbishment is still scheduled for 2/14/20(hoping). No bookings for the transatlantic from Spain to Florida in February.

Hal

Just a random comment- not "in the know" of exactly what's going on with the Revolution, but, we were just on the Summit a few weeks ago and I met a woman in the Retreat lounge.  We got to talking about upcoming cruises, future bookings, etc, and I mentioned that we were looking at the Silhouette for the 2020 Christmas/New Year cruise and how we were excited to see a refurbished S class ship, as we'll be sailing this Christmas on the yet un-revolutionized Constellation.  She told me that she too had booked a B2B on the Silhouette, but for the weeks following.  Anyway, she booked the new to Silhouette, Reflection suite for the first sailing, but it was already booked by someone else for the 2nd, so she had to book a Royal suite for that one.  Just prior to the Summit sailing she had received an email from Celebrity informing her that her first sailing in the Reflection suite was being changed to a Sky Suite because the Reflection suite and the Signature suites were not going to be added after all.  All other higher end suites were already booked, so Skys were all that was left.  In any event, if they've already told someone who booked a yet to be built suite that it wasn't going to happen, perhaps they've changed their minds about altering the ships at all in that regard.  I guess time will tell.  Again, I'm just going on what she told me and what she says Celebrity had told her.  Who knows what will actually happen, but I'm hoping they decide to leave them as they are in regard to the Sky lounge space.

I recall that the first cruise after the refit was cancelled after the accident in Freeport so that the ship could have the time to go to Spain. If it has been moved back to Freeport that means that they have the time to get everything done before it starts back in service.

Edited by Gordoncruickshank

5 hours ago, genesis1272 said:

Just a random comment- not "in the know" of exactly what's going on with the Revolution, but, we were just on the Summit a few weeks ago and I met a woman in the Retreat lounge.  We got to talking about upcoming cruises, future bookings, etc, and I mentioned that we were looking at the Silhouette for the 2020 Christmas/New Year cruise and how we were excited to see a refurbished S class ship, as we'll be sailing this Christmas on the yet un-revolutionized Constellation.  She told me that she too had booked a B2B on the Silhouette, but for the weeks following.  Anyway, she booked the new to Silhouette, Reflection suite for the first sailing, but it was already booked by someone else for the 2nd, so she had to book a Royal suite for that one.  Just prior to the Summit sailing she had received an email from Celebrity informing her that her first sailing in the Reflection suite was being changed to a Sky Suite because the Reflection suite and the Signature suites were not going to be added after all.  All other higher end suites were already booked, so Skys were all that was left.  In any event, if they've already told someone who booked a yet to be built suite that it wasn't going to happen, perhaps they've changed their minds about altering the ships at all in that regard.  I guess time will tell.  Again, I'm just going on what she told me and what she says Celebrity had told her.  Who knows what will actually happen, but I'm hoping they decide to leave them as they are in regard to the Sky lounge space.

Thanks - will be interesting to see how this shakes out...

I just returned from the Millennium and stayed in one of the newly added inside staterooms.  I posted a review of the post revolution staterooms and the overall ship on my blog, if anyone is interested.  Beautiful ship! 

Cabin review and tour: https://profcruise.com/inside-cabins-on-the-millennium/

Ship review and tour: https://profcruise.com/celebrity-millennium-review-and-ship-tour/

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

I just noticed that this was in the discover magazine this month https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/discover-magazine/news-events/celebrity-silhouette-revolution/

Thanks! This is the first time I have seen renditions of the new shaded area of the Lawn Club.

"An updated Lawn Club featuring eight refreshed Alcoves, an oversized outdoor movie screen, and a new shaded lounge area complete with banquette seating and hammocks."

I don't know how shaded it will be, but looks pretty nice (I don't see any tiny chairs so that is good).

image.thumb.png.1d09456aebd532e027cf43e0338583ad.png

image.thumb.png.2fd50b4081ab20d0213039299f94c7ba.png

Edited by vtcruising

11 hours ago, Gordoncruickshank said:

I just noticed that this was in the discover magazine this month https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/discover-magazine/news-events/celebrity-silhouette-revolution/

This mentions 4 new suites...

• Four new Sunset Suites, featuring a luxurious, all-new design and access to the unparalleled services and amenities of The Retreat®, including the sundeck, lounge, and Luminae.

I assume that this in place of a Reflection suite and 5 Signature suites as they have disappeared from the description. . Anyone got any further insights?

I also noticed the two strips of lawn at bthe back have now gone😲. Although the extended seating for the passport bar looks prety good

Edited by groryjm

All very nice. Silhouette is our fav ship. (We  also like Equinox & EDGE)

Hope to book Silho for a future cruise assuming she will be available in the Caribbean.  SA itins seem to be the current ones. Looking forward to the upgrades and curious about AQ Class and BLU.

1 hour ago, groryjm said:

• Four new Sunset Suites, featuring a luxurious, all-new design and access to the unparalleled services and amenities of The Retreat®, including the sundeck, lounge, and Luminae.

I assume that this in place of a Reflection suite and 5 Signature suites as they have disappeared from the description. . Anyone got any further insights?

I also noticed the two strips of lawn at bthe back have now gone😲. Although the extended seating for the passport bar looks prety good

Great pick up! I saw that, but didn't think "suites" for some reason. I looked at the new future deck plan and the Sky Lounge is whole again (Signature and Reflection suites are gone), but no sign of Sunset Suites. I wonder if they will reclassify the 4 aft S2's on 12 as "Sunset Suites". They aren't labeled as such, but there are 4 of them and they are aft (cabins in the aft often called sunset). Just a guess - I suppose they could switch 4 aft S1's corner suites to sunset suites (if aft) or maybe it was a typo.  Will have to wait and see how this develops...

Are you going to start a new thread about the Silhouette Sunset Suites? 🙂

image.thumb.png.f9a5d05d3857fb86ad0dd9e203f9e2b8.png

Edited by vtcruising

7 hours ago, groryjm said:

Other than those already at the back I couldn't see where else these would naturally go unless they convert the whole of the back on deck 12 into 4*2 room suites. 

7 hours ago, hcat said:

Hope to book Silho for a future cruise assuming she will be available in the Caribbean.  SA itins seem to be the current ones. Looking forward to the upgrades and curious about AQ Class and BLU.

I would do it soon as the Silhouette follows the Eclipse to SA next winter. Where it goes after that is anyone's guess but Celebrity will want their new ships in their prime cruise areas the Caribbean and Europe. I think that our Silhouette cruise in February could be the last time we see the ship near to our home.