Lunch MDR

Suzy69

1 hour ago, snirpville said:

Yeah, us too. It's very quiet and relaxed way to embark. It's odd that they push you towards the buffet though. 

This is part of our embarkation/first day tradition.   After the rush of getting to the pier & boarding we love to sit and enjoy this relaxing first meal on board in the MDR.  And yes, there are always staff posted by the elevators telling you how to get to the buffet.   We just smile and head for the MDR.   

Usually we are on board before rooms are ready and you will find most sitting in the dining room with their carry-on luggage at their side😊

In 10 NCL cruises, I never had a staff member "push" me toward the buffet on embarkation day.  I ask which MDRs are open and have always been politely directed toward them.

I particularly like the open-faced tuna and chicken salad sandwiches on multigrain bread (they rotate day-by-day).  

Edited by FLAHAM

-Always go to MDR for lunch. upon arriving... Love to have a relaxing meal and drink..while waiting for rooms to be ready.  Yes--menus posted above are what I have seen on all my recent cruises...seems the lunch menu does not change often  (if at all !!!) but it is fine.  

1 hour ago, FLAHAM said:

In 10 NCL cruises, I never had a staff member "push" me toward the buffet on embarkation day.  I ask which MDRs are open and have always been politely directed toward them.

I particularly like the open-faced tuna and chicken salad sandwiches on multigrain bread (they rotate day-by-day).  

We have gone on 34 NCL cruises and I would say that on 15 of the last 18 or so cruises we have had a very nice staff member suggest we go to the buffet.    Not a problem for us, just something we always smile at.....as we head to the MDR☺️

When we first started cruising NCL way back in '03 the crew DID "push" you up to the buffet.  They aren't as "pushy" now but there is still an emphasis towards directing the pax to the buffet on the part of the crew, IMHO. If you ask if the MDR is open they WILL direct you there, however.

TG on our very first cruise aboard the Dawn we had been told by a friend who had previously sailed on the Dawn to head for the MDR (The Venetian???) as soon as we got aboard.  We did & that started our "tradition" of heading to the MDR on EVERY cruise for lunch on the embarkation day.  As previous posters have said it's a GREAT way to start off a cruise!!

Hope you have a great cruise!

Edited by tomk3212