Just off Rhapsody

MJDMV

• Clarea changed the title to Just off Rhapsody
8 hours ago, PeaceOfCake said:

We have a cruise coming up on rhapsody in october, smallest ship we been on before is Navigator. 

Which ports did you stop at? What did you do in ports? 

Did you do any spec. dining? 

Best spot for sailaway (we are going from venice) 

Come October the Italian government has proposed moving large cruise ships from the Marittima cruise basin and San Basilio pier to distant terminals on the Italian mainland.

Exact details are sketchy to say the least but with nearly 500 ship departures and over 700,000 cruise passengers per year it unfortunately seems to be only a matter of time.

This wouldn’t affect the smaller and mid size ships.

Not sure what category Rhapsody would fall into.

I’m sure RCI will keep us updated.

2 minutes ago, compman9 said:

Would you happen to know what coffee machines they have in the junior suites

We would like to take extra pods

Not the K-cups.  I'll fitting combo filter/coffee pods that make a mess.  Better to have room service deliver, still free.

38 minutes ago, compman9 said:

Would you happen to know what coffee machines they have in the junior suites

We would like to take extra pods

we always take a bunch of Senseo French roast pods. They work quite well in the JS coffee makers. Amazon has quiet a wide selection of Senseo pods

Edited by orville99

20 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Come October the Italian government has proposed moving large cruise ships from the Marittima cruise basin and San Basilio pier to distant terminals on the Italian mainland.

Exact details are sketchy to say the least but with nearly 500 ship departures and over 700,000 cruise passengers per year it unfortunately seems to be only a matter of time.

Yikes!  I just finished measuring distances from port to airport for the flight home.    ugh!

On 8/9/2019 at 1:22 PM, Host Clarea said:

Did you see any drink cards for sale, and it so, the cost and when they appeared on the cruise.

I didn't see any so not sure if they were available.

12 hours ago, Jap724 said:

Hi there , if the ship docs at 6:45am , what time can you disembark at ? Would a 12:30 flight be ok. This is for next July 2020

It normally arrives at 5am but the first departure is around 7am.

20 hours ago, enjoysummers said:

We are doing a B2B in 2 weeks so interested to know if they had any laundry offers? Also interested to know the drinks card answer

Wash and fold was available. No other offers unless you have C & A status.

On 8/9/2019 at 7:22 AM, Host Clarea said:

Did you see any drink cards for sale, and it so, the cost and when they appeared on the cruise.

I was on Rhapsody for the July 17th sailing from Venice for an 8 night Croatia/Greece itinerary. There were 10 drink cards available on Day 4 (missed port of Santorini for us). The signs were at the bar by the pool and were for:

$49 (+18% gratuity) for 10 draft beers

$79 (+18% gratuity) for 10 drinks

We bought 1 of each (beer for husband and drinks for me) and it was nice - no handing over Sea Pass and signing for anything when we wanted a drink!

I also had the coffee card, and was only charged 1 punch for a “tall” or “grande” latte. But I guess I didn’t pay attention to how many espresso shots were in each. 

CBB08F1F-38B1-4C18-979F-54036C59E1F3.jpeg

2 minutes ago, K8inMN said:

I was on Rhapsody for the July 17th sailing from Venice for an 8 night Croatia/Greece itinerary. There were 10 drink cards available on Day 4 (missed port of Santorini for us). The signs were at the bar by the pool and were for:

$49 (+18% gratuity) for 10 draft beers

$79 (+18% gratuity) for 10 drinks

We bought 1 of each (beer for husband and drinks for me) and it was nice - no handing over Sea Pass and signing for anything when we wanted a drink!

I also had the coffee card, and was only charged 1 punch for a “tall” or “grande” latte. But I guess I didn’t pay attention to how many espresso shots were in each. 

Thanks for the update.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2019 at 3:25 PM, Norwich Cruiser said:

I was worried about this when I first read this last week.  However, from what I've read it is just a proposal with no real implementation plan or even agreement between all the governing bodies.  I understand the need to protect the city but I don't think it can happen quickly.  From what I've read these other proposed ports are for industrial/commercial type shipping and don't have the necessary infrastructure to receive cruise ships and their passengers.  I'm on the Rhapsody in October and am continuing to makes plans as though we are departing/arriving from the Marittima basin.  I'll adapt if need be...

There was a thread here in the "Ask a Cruise Question" board and one on the Italy board on the Rick Steves' forum.

Are the menus the same as the traditional fleet-wide on the Caribbean cruises? I've seen some different things floating around but nothing certain. Sailing soon with family with multiple allergies - so we usually like to read them in advance. 

9 hours ago, tribeagle said:

I was worried about this when I first read this last week.  However, from what I've read it is just a proposal with no real implementation plan or even agreement between all the governing bodies.  I understand the need to protect the city but I don't think it can happen quickly.  From what I've read these other proposed ports are for industrial/commercial type shipping and don't have the necessary infrastructure to receive cruise ships and their passengers.  I'm on the Rhapsody in October and am continuing to makes plans as though we are departing/arriving from the Marittima basin.  I'll adapt if need be...

There was a thread here in the "Ask a Cruise Question" board and one on the Italy board on the Rick Steves' forum.

The latest information says that they are now only going to allow ships up to 55,000 tonnes to sail along the traditional route.

Larger vessels apparently will have to use the commercial dock on the mainland..

However no definite start dates have yet been issued.

7 hours ago, cupcake26 said:

Are the menus the same as the traditional fleet-wide on the Caribbean cruises? I've seen some different things floating around but nothing certain. Sailing soon with family with multiple allergies - so we usually like to read them in advance. 

We were on Rhapsody last October out of Venice and it was the same menus.