Hairdryers

Sheep Flavour

The hair dryers in the cabins are only good if you want to dry your hair and not style it. However you are permitted to take hair dryers, straighteners and curling tongs onboard as long as they are deemed safe and in a proper working condition. It does state this on the website but you have to dig around for it. Our daughter would be lost without her straighteners (spare the thought)!! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rupert2251 said:

The hair dryers in the cabins are only good if you want to dry your hair and not style it. However you are permitted to take hair dryers, straighteners and curling tongs onboard as long as they are deemed safe and in a proper working condition. It does state this on the website but you have to dig around for it. Our daughter would be lost without her straighteners (spare the thought)!! 

Thank heavens for that, I had visions of my hair being wild for a week without my straightners 😲 

For what it's worth:

Q. Can I bring electrical equipment on board?

The cabin electrical systems on board are not designed to take high current capacity items.

Cabin hair dryers and tea and coffee making facilities are provided so there would be no need for you to bring anything on board, these are specially bought for the ships and are of lower current ratings and hence compatible with the ships electrical systems.

You can also find irons in our laundries on board and are free of charge. Please note, you are not permitted to bring irons on board with you. 

Personal Extension Leads are not permitted on board unless to be used with essential medical equipment (e.g. CPAP and nebuliser machines). These will be checked for electrical safety along with your piece of medical equipment prior to sailing.

Surge protected extension leads are not accepted in any circumstances as they interfere with the ship's electrical distribution.

You may find the following question useful What facilities are in my cabin?

2 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

For what it's worth:

Q. Can I bring electrical equipment on board?

The cabin electrical systems on board are not designed to take high current capacity items.

Cabin hair dryers and tea and coffee making facilities are provided so there would be no need for you to bring anything on board, these are specially bought for the ships and are of lower current ratings and hence compatible with the ships electrical systems.

You can also find irons in our laundries on board and are free of charge. Please note, you are not permitted to bring irons on board with you. 

Personal Extension Leads are not permitted on board unless to be used with essential medical equipment (e.g. CPAP and nebuliser machines). These will be checked for electrical safety along with your piece of medical equipment prior to sailing.

Surge protected extension leads are not accepted in any circumstances as they interfere with the ship's electrical distribution.

You may find the following question useful What facilities are in my cabin?

Also for what it's worth

In addition certain electrical items and personal grooming devices, such as power boards (without surge protection devices), laptops, phone and camera charges, , hair dryers and straighteners, curling irons and shavers may be allowed onboard if they are deemed to be in a safe and proper working condition, and used with proper caution. However, if such devices are deemed to pose a hazard, they will be confiscated and available for collection at the end of the cruise.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

In reality of course, most people take whatever they like on board, I've never witnessed any checking process, and everything's just fine.

If someone manages to set fire to their cabin, I'd guess that at that point a few awkward questions might be asked!

Just returned home from cruise on Oriana.

They cabin information booklet states that hairdryers and straighteners are allowed.

They sell GHD electrical products on board

E54C500A-C371-405A-AC67-9A65257514DC.jpeg

• Like 3

On 8/10/2019 at 4:31 PM, Sheep Flavour said:

Could anyone tell me how good the hairdryers are in the cabins? Trying to save space in luggage! Thanks 🙂

The hairdryers are perfectly fine,  no need at all to take your own.  They have improved no end in recent years.  Back in the .............s they used to be fixed into the drawer of the  dressing table, with such a short lead that it was necessary to practically put your head inside the drawer as well.   On another occasion, I found the hairdryer in the bathroom on the end of a hose.   The drier part came off the hose and left the hose thrashing around the bathroom!   All good fun, but absolutely no need to take your own these days.   I have always found that their hairdryers are better than my own.  Have a wonderful cruise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have extremely long thick hair, more than half way down my back. When the hairdresser trims it I have to stand up! I have never had any problems drying it with P and O hairdryers, but I do take tongs/striaghteners for styling it.

• Like 1