Grandeur embarkation lunch options

First time on RCI. We’ll be on the Grandeur O. S. out of Baltimore on March 3, 2020. I know the buffet will be open for lunch on embarkation day. Does anyone know if the main dining room will also be open?  Thanks in advance. 

The main dining room is not open for lunch for the general public.  

When we sailed grandeur in July, those who purchased the key program will be given a special menu lunch  in the main dining room.  Also, those sailing in full suites and pinnacle guests also have the same lunch in the main dining room. 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

We've started  paying to eat lunch in one of the specialty restaurants on boarding day.  On Grandeur in April it was Chops.  On Anthem last fall it was Jamie's.  On our upcoming Harmony b2b, we have Jamie's booked for our first boarding day.  Just less hectic.  We go around 1215 and by the time we're done cabins are usually open.

As for Grandeur, the WJ and Park Cafe are free for lunch and open on boarding day.

Edited by BND

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

The main dining room is not open for lunch for the general public.  

When we sailed grandeur in July, those who purchased the key program will be given a special menu lunch  in the main dining room.  Also, those sailing in full suites and pinnacle guests also have the same lunch in the main dining room. 

M

Is this something unique to Grandeur?  In all my sailings as full suite guest/Pinnie I've never heard of MDR lunch on boarding day!  How did you find out it was available - concierge e-mail if in a full suite?  Pinnies don't always get pre-cruise concierge e-mails.

It might be unique to grandeur.  I had read about it on another post.

Those sailing in a full suite received an email from the concierge  letting them know about the lunch. Pinnacles received a notation (A slip of paper mentioning the lunch) when they checked in at the pier.    It was a limited menu but very nice. A couple of appetizers, three options for entrée and a few desserts. 

M

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Those sailing in a full suite received an email from the concierge  letting them know about the lunch. Pinnacles received a notation (A slip of paper mentioning the lunch) when they checked in at the pier.    It was a limited menu but very nice. A couple of appetizers, three options for entrée and a few desserts. 

M

I've seen b2b cruisers having lunch in the MDR boarding day on Grandeur, but never heard of Pinnacles and Suites doing so.  

43 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

M

Ah, thanks.  Guess I'll find out the end of the month.

8 hours ago, BND said:

I've seen b2b cruisers having lunch in the MDR boarding day on Grandeur, but never heard of Pinnacles and Suites doing so.  

We were invited on our July cruise and will sail grandeur again later this month. We’ll see if we receive another invitation. 

M

every time we sailed GR we never got that invite to eat in the MDR( always in a GS)

Park Cafe.   get a Beef on Weck,  extra horseradish sauce.  Its Not Buffalo good, but it does hit the spot.

they also usually have some salads and other sandwiches  plus chips, whole fruits and maybe some  other snacks options.  

40 minutes ago, spookwife said:

every time we sailed GR we never got that invite to eat in the MDR( always in a GS)

Park Cafe.   get a Beef on Weck,  extra horseradish sauce.  Its Not Buffalo good, but it does hit the spot.

they also usually have some salads and other sandwiches  plus chips, whole fruits and maybe some  other snacks options.  

Park Cafe also serves pizza now.   I remember when that location was just a pizza place. Not 100% sure about lunch on boarding day, but they have it at lunchtime and when open during the cruise.  

Edited by BND

5 minutes ago, biomedbob said:

Some years ago, Park Cafe was the place to score a full plate of French Fries to take back out to the pool.

Really?  I've never heard of Park Cafe having french fries, or anything fried.  Are you sure it was not Windjammer?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Really?  I've never heard of Park Cafe having french fries, or anything fried.  Are you sure it was not Windjammer?

This was many years ago.  It wasn't a Park Café then, just a little spot in the Solarium.

2 minutes ago, biomedbob said:

Just ask my wife.  She was the gofer!  I can post pictures if required!

Park Cafe on Grandeur?  Was this perhaps before Park Cafe when they had some other unnamed food venue in the Solarium?

On 8/11/2019 at 6:35 AM, spookwife said:

Same here.  4 cruises in a GS, and never heard of this.

They owe me 4 lunches. 😄

I am fine with WJ.