Summit still in port?

keep on cruisin

On 8/16/2019 at 9:16 PM, Turtles06 said:

Wow, not a good way to kick off their cruise business!  I’m sure people still had a good time, but what a faux pas. 

We were on the cruise.  Vacaya sent an email in July 2018 (shortly after we had booked) that the cruise was not going to be in Ptown for Carnival, but rather the week before.  So no one on board should have been expecting to be there for Carnival.  The cruise was great.  Good entertainment, and Ptown was a definite highlight.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, eddiffin said:

We were on the cruise.  Vacaya sent an email in July 2018 (shortly after we had booked) that the cruise was not going to be in Ptown for Carnival, but rather the week before.  So no one on board should have been expecting to be there for Carnival.  The cruise was great.  Good entertainment, and Ptown was a definite highlight.  

Not sure you can speak for EVERYONE.

29 minutes ago, Je Souhaite said:

Not sure you can speak for EVERYONE.

While I can't speak for everyone, what I received was a very detailed email about the mistake.  From the face of it, it appears it was sent to everyone who was booked at the time the mistake was recognized (more than a year in advance).  And once they recognized the mistake, Vacaya did not market the trip as being in Ptown for the Carnival parade.  So while it is possible that folks were expecting to be there for the Carnival parade, I don't think that would have been a realistic expectation based on communications from Vacaya.        

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Cruise it or lose it said:

Someone on Facebook said there was an issue with a lifeboat last cruise. An On board person said captain called for a delay but didn't know why.

We just disembarked this morning from that cruise.  If there were such an issue, it certainly wasn't any big deal and did not affect our cruise.  We arrived on time in Cape Liberty today.  It was one of the easiest disembarkations we've ever experienced.  As for the ship possibly leaving late on today's sailing, the first port is Boston on Tuesday, and all the Summit needs to do is putt putt up there.   Plenty of time.   (On our cruise, it hardly felt as though we were moving most of the time, as the distances between most ports on this itinerary are not very far.)