Prohibition Event on Allure

R,D,W

My husband and I are sailing in October on the Allure.  We are looking at activities to schedule.  We thought the Prohibition Event sounded intetesting.  If you have done this activity did you enjoy yourself?  Was it worth the added expense?  Was there any extra expense?  What did you do for 2 hours?  

I have scheduled the shows.  Are there any other "not to miss" activities?

Thank You, 

Becky

1 hour ago, R,D,W said:

My husband and I are sailing in October on the Allure.  We are looking at activities to schedule.  We thought the Prohibition Event sounded intetesting.  If you have done this activity did you enjoy yourself?  Was it worth the added expense?  Was there any extra expense?  What did you do for 2 hours?  

I have scheduled the shows.  Are there any other "not to miss" activities?

Thank You, 

Becky

We did it about 3 years ago on Allure.  A third or more dress up in roaring twenties costumes. They have dancing, a small costume parade, a game or two, a jazz band and a lounge singer.  They have a decent appetizer table and a never-ending flow of TEA's, the tea's are heavy on the alcohol.  We had a good time and may do it again in the future.  You start with a lineup outside the doors, get there 15 minutes early to be upfront in the line as seating near the band is limited. happy cruising

19 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

We did it about 3 years ago on Allure.  A third or more dress up in roaring twenties costumes. They have dancing, a small costume parade, a game or two, a jazz band and a lounge singer.  They have a decent appetizer table and a never-ending flow of TEA's, the tea's are heavy on the alcohol.  We had a good time and may do it again in the future.  You start with a lineup outside the doors, get there 15 minutes early to be upfront in the line as seating near the band is limited. happy cruising

I'll second that - we did it on Oasis a few years back and it was fun - we'd do it again. Largely the same experience that @taglovestocruise had although without the lounge singer. Activities staff who ran it did a great job of making it feel like the closest thing to a speakeasy you could get on a ship that size from the jump (leaving a matchbox with a secret pin you had to wear in your stateroom)

On 8/12/2019 at 5:03 PM, taglovestocruise said:

My roommate and I are up for this if they offer it on the Allure TA next year.  I've already checked out some cool costumes.  This would be a total blast if we get the "usual" roll call participants involved ;o)

We sail on the 25th of this month and this was one of the 1st activities we booked. I have our Great Gatsby clothes all ready to go. Super excited and can’t wait to wear my flapper dress, my husband will be there for the moonshine lol 😆. I hope the event is well planned and turns out awesome